Bad
Good

This school has a lot of issues due to the student body not the teachers.

They should allow all students to use the side gates, especially when it's cold and their classrooms are near the gates. The main entrance is always packed, making it so hard for some students to arrive on time! It's not fair!

look some were else don't recommend this school go in and ask to see the test results and you would agree .

My daughter is in Mrs. Hallen's Kindergarten class and loves it !!! If she could go 7 days a week she would. Mrs. Hallen is a very active and organized teacher. She has control over her classroom and students but has fun with them as well. She takes time to individually know her kids, strengths and weaknesses. I have no complaints and am thankful that she was out first teacher here at Jacobson.

This is my son's first year at Jacobson and at first I was'nt too happy that we belonged to this school just because the ratings are so low, And my son attended a good school in the bay area for kindergarten so I was really afraid he was going to be held back at this school with the low rating it has, I was going to have my son transfer schools, until I got to know what a great teacher my son has. But I have to say I'm still not sure about the school because my son has'nt been there that long this is his first year but so far what I've seen is that staff there are triying the best they can to make the school a much better one. But what I defenetly do have to say is that my son's teacher is amazing she teaches them so much, I notice my son learnes so much and many times he even teaches me things I did'nt know and he is only in 1st grade so defenetly my worries about him being held back is not a worry anymore Mrs.Mello is a GREAT TEACHER she has a special way of teaching, that kids really enjoy and understand.

It has been a great experience for both of my children.

The teachers, principal, staff and parents make Jacobson an exceptional school. My son excels there because of the excellent foundation that is being laid.

This is a wonderful school.They have alot of talented teachers. My son is in 2nd grade a has a fantastic teacher, Mrs. Bower. She is great with her students, and takes great pride in going above and beyond with the kids. She has a fun and joyful personality which makes her students learning fun. I am so impressed with her. My son loves her!!!

Great School!!! Thank you Mrs. Gowan. In your class 'learning is fun'...

My son loved Mrs. Gowan's class also! There were very creative projects daily. She encouraged wonderful things of her students. You can tell she really loves those kids and does great with them. I hope 1st grade proves to have great teachers as well!

Last modified Melville S. Jacobson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.