Posted May 06, 2014
We have come from out of district for the GATE program, and I couldn't be happier. We were initially turned off by the way the school looked and concerned about the overall score of the school. However, it is way more than meets the eye! The principal and vice principal are on top of things, well-organized, and lead the faculty positively. I am beyond impressed with the teachers. My child is learning, using critical thinking skills, challenged, and thriving in a variety of subjects. My child is excited to learn! SWP is more than I could have hoped for. I went into it thinking my child would be getting only a more challenging education, but the school's culture overall is wonderful.

South/West Park Elementary School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
My child transferred to this school to attend the GATE program. He has been at this school for 3 years, and I feel he has made great progress in his learning. The teachers are knowledgeable and help the children improve academically.

South/West Park Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2013
Not a very happy parent.. a lot of children come their with no common manners . I really feel sorry for the teacher .. as they do try hard. THere are some that are just constantly 'yelling ' at the top of their lungs at kids.. a really sorry sight.My child comes home everyday with stories of being bullied. Today I saw first hand how a kid just snatched my childs name tag and took off- and passed it on to another kid, my son (2nd grader ) ran after him crying.. only to be yelled really badly by a teacher .Another teacher comes to my car and tells me how my son should be sitting and not 'bouncing all over the place "- sadly they should have just asked why he was running and taken care of the bully . Horrified , I asked my son if they do this to him all the time.. he answered crying 'yes'. This whole scene really broke my heart. Its a great place if your child is a bully or thuggish.. but definitely not for mine. I am pulling him out of there..

Posted August 02, 2013
SWP is a Great school. I love the bilingual program, my two kids are doing great. I like how mr. Lopez is always walking around the school to make sure the kids are ok. I am a lucky parent, i found SWP.

Posted May 16, 2013
My school has very talented and dedicated teachers. We are always striving to learn new skills. South School is usually the first to try anything new. We have new technology: clickers, which allows us to check for understanding in a creative way, MOBI, a wireless tablet that allows us the freedom to walk around as needed during instruction, and a document camera. Beyond technology we have heart and energy. Many teachers here don't just teach until three, they are here way beyond that time, spending it with children who need or want extra help. We truly care about the child, not just test scores. We know that our school looks old but as the saying goes: Don't judge a book by its cover.

Posted May 16, 2013
South/West Park is an incredibly diverse school. As home to the district's GATE and bilingual programs, plus the neighborhood conventional school serving socio-economically disadvantaged students, there ARE challenges at S/WP. Still, my four gifted children made friends with students in all the programs, learned how to speak Spanish, LOVED their fabulously dedicated teachers, practiced restraint and compassion and understanding and tolerance and patience, and spent 4-5 hours each day sheltered in a classroom filled with their academic peers and their creative teachers. Those teachers--even today--continue to follow my children's "careers" as they succeed in middle and high school. S/WP prepared them for the real world--but gently.

South/West Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2010
My child has been in the GATE program at this school for the past 2 years and unfortunately he will be stuck there for another two more. The teachers do not care as much as they should. To them it's just a paycheck. It is a shame that the district puts the GATE kids in a school that is also a magnet for kids that don't know how to speak English or have fallen behind. These kids tend to be violent and disruptive. Most days, my child comes home with stories about being bullied or about a food fight that broke out in the cafeteria that no one steps in to stop.

Posted July 11, 2009
South/west park school is wonderful! The teachers are so involved,caring and supporting.The staff is very helpful and issues are immediately taken care of. My children have grown and learned so much. We love this school!!!!!!!

Posted February 24, 2009
South/West Park is a great school. The teachers and faculty their are supportive to the children. My son is in the GATE program and he is challenged (in a positive way) everyday.

Posted August 30, 2008

South/West Park Elementary School
500 West Mount Diablo Road, Tracy, CA  95376
Last modified South/West Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South/West Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top