Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
My World History teacher Mr. Coulson, my English long term substitute teacher Mrs. Anistasio, My Acc support teacher Mrs. Hagmark, My advanced P.E. teacher Mrs. Fechner, My Ag. Biology teacher Ms. Bigelow, My Geometry teacher Mrs. Feldman. Mrs. Ludwig English teacher, Mr. Mink Space and Engineering teacher, Mr. Callahan Space and Engineering and Chemistry teacher. My Counselor Mr. Gaines, Administrator Mrs. Harrison, The Principle Mr. Brown, One of the assistant principles Mr. Boswell. The School Staff

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 23, 2016
From the teachers I currently have, and teachers that I know. My World History teachers is one of the best World History teachers in the whole school. and my English long term teacher along with my history teachers keeps the class up on all of the assignments. They are also two of the best of my teachers.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 23, 2016
I think in the classes that I have been in including now. Have been a good amount to keep us learning and so we can continue to improve and go to the next level after level after level after level.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2016
Well I don't know that much, but I think some teachers do, especially the AP teachers.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2016
Yes I do, the teachers that I have been with have been developing respect in the students including me in my classes.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2016
I don't know because there are special ed. classes and they mite be developing compassion, caring, and empathy in there students.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2016
I don't know a hole lot about the Merrill F. West High School than some of there programs so far.

Merrill F. West High School 5

Posted May 23, 2016
Because Merril F. West High School is one of the best schools out there they have a Space and Engineering Academy there.

Merrill F. West High School 3

Posted July 15, 2015
The staff and students have little school spirit. I moved to Tracy from the Bay Area recently. I'm use to the students and staff making a big deal of spirit week and really having fun with it. The other schools in the area have much more enthusiasm than us. I was a freshman in the 2014-2015 school year and was excited for our spirit days but everyone lacked enthusiasm. The students and teachers often were unaware of when spirit days were and what the theme was. If the did know, we weren't informed until the day before.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 15, 2015
The teachers are decent. I started my freshman year here about a month after everyone else. They seem to only care about getting through the day and getting a paycheck.

1775 West Lowell Avenue, Tracy, CA  95376-2200
Last modified Merrill F. West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.