Posted March 26, 2014
I am a parent of a Freshman at Merrill West High School in Tracy. I have nothing but nice things to say! Having only lived in Tracy for 5 years I of course asked around to other parents regarding the High Schools. I couldn't believe what a tainted view I received of West. Perhaps this school had some pretty rough years before, but it looks to me that the trouble has moved on. After touring the school and meeting the staff and teachers I had no reservations of putting my son in this school. It was a great decision. He is having such a great time here. He has 3.8 gpa and is enjoying the wonderful Drama department with Mrs. Welk. He has made so many friends. There are no gang members walking the halls. It is a wonderfully diverse group of kids and that is the best education we can give our children. How to be kind to one another and not judgmental. Principal Brown is doing a wonderful job. My daughter will be starting there in 2 years and I have no problems sending her there. I wish other people would give this school a second look, and especially stop giving it such a bad review.

Posted September 17, 2013
I am a freshman and I just moved here this summer from San Jose, it was really hard for me to leave my best friends. I knew I had to start over making new friends and the teachers made it very easy for me. The teachers made us talk to each other to get to know each other, this worked very well with my algebra 2 class and geography class. The teachers gives me a solid education foundation for me and feel like that I will do well after freshman year but the textbooks there are quite worn out also the technology is utterly bygone the technology we have today. I chose to write a review a for this school because I believe with the extra money will help the school out a lot and believe it deserves it. Thank you for reading my review!

Posted August 12, 2012
Great school in a nice area. We have been at this school over the last six years and have had a great experience. Great security staff and pool looks fantastic!

Merrill F. West High School 2

Posted April 01, 2010
The school had a lot of gangs and didnt do anything about it.

Posted November 28, 2009

Posted November 02, 2009

Posted September 10, 2009
all the teachers are great and it is a safe school.

Posted September 09, 2009

Posted September 01, 2009

Posted September 01, 2009

Merrill F. West High School
1775 West Lowell Avenue, Tracy, CA  95376
Last modified Merrill F. West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merrill F. West High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top