Truckee, CA
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted October 24, 2013
I don't believe I would have wanted my children to attend any other school in the District. Truckee Elementary has an amazing teaching staff, who care deeply about the success of all students. The teachers work to not only teach the crucial skills needed to learn to read and do math, but to find ways to enrich the children's learning in so many other ways. The school has an envio-lution club which focuses on waste reduction and a food waste recycling program by using red worms to eat food that would have been thrown away. They have an amazing science program for 5th grade students that one of the teachers created and has UC Berekley staff teaching at the 3 day overnight program in the Tahoe National Forest. An after school music education program is offered throughout the year and led by one of the teachers. This is free of cost and children learn to play an instrument of choice and are taught by high school students. Art, writing, and science displays grace the halls of the main building. And to add to all this the school has an active and wonderful PTO. The parents give so much to the school. Their quest to provide enrichment during and after school goes above and beyond.

Posted October 18, 2013
I have had my older three go through Truckee El and my younger two are now starting.... It IS a great school with wonderful staff and excellent educators. I am VERY pleased and proud of my lil' Truckee Cubs.

Posted October 18, 2013
The educator's and staff at Truckee El do a wonderful job with all the children.

Posted October 18, 2013
This school is about community. Many parents involved, teachers who really care about the kids, and effort from the whole community to make Truckee El. a great school

Posted October 18, 2013
As a parent of kindergartener and a 1st grader, I am very supportive of what this school has done with the resources given. There's always room for improvement no matter where you are and I'm confident that my children are on task with their education while blossoming socially. The teachers we've had have demonstrated a healthy combination of discipline and kindness. We are grateful to have them!

Posted October 18, 2013
Truckee Elementary has superseded our expectations. What a wonderful place for my child to learn and grow!

Truckee Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Truckee Elementary School is an important part of this community. Aside from the normal educational classes, the teachers are looking for different ways to help their students. There are various programs designed to help the children socialize properly within the existing community, and there s a special reading program to assist those children that are having a more difficult time. There is a group of volunteers that go to this school with their dogs, and the children with reading challenges read to the dogs. This program has helped a significant number of children and is a different way to help them be better readers

Posted August 13, 2013
We have been very happy with the growth of our children at Truckee El. The teachers make sure to know and work with each student's strengths, weaknesses, and interests, both individually and in groups. We feel that the relationship between teachers, families and staff is as a team. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. We take pride in our cultural diversity. Truckee El has blossomed under the leadership of its principal and teachers. They are truly developing students to strengthen the community as a whole, in addition to developing intelligent, well-rounded individuals.

Posted August 05, 2013
Truckee Elementary School, even though it is a public school is filled with caring, creative teachers. The principal is hands- on, always available and a inspiring leader. It was her idea to have her hair publicly spray painted if the kids reached a very high goal to read certain amounts of words. Of course the kids came through :-) The atmosphere in the school is inviting, a local artist beautified the walls and integrated book characters and pupils drawings. Parents are very involved and make the school what it is : a place where kids are listened to and cared for. I volunteer at the school and started a dog reading program, another example of how progressive this place is.

Posted September 27, 2012
We love Truckee Elementary. In reading the other posting in the past year, it is unfortunate that these parents weren't happy. The school has so much parent involvement and a very good staff. Bottom line, my children are doing very well. They have music, art, computer lab, science lab, library time, read 30+ plus nightly and play play play. We moved up from the bay area and would not raise our children anywhere else.

Truckee Elementary School
11911 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA  96161
Last modified Truckee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Truckee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top