Truckee, CA
After care: No

Posted June 12, 2015
I love how Truckee Elementary continually challenges and encourages it's students to become strong, efficient and passionate readers. Both my children started their 2014-15 school year 1-1.5 grades below their grade levels in reading. This is after having spent a year at Creekside Charter in Squaw Valley. During their time at Truckee El this past year, both kids jumped up 3 grade levels in their reading!

Truckee Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2015
My daughter started 2nd grade in the 90th percentile and was eager to learn. By the end of the 2nd grade, she was in the 30th percentile and had no interest in attending class. The school should consider a different approach for how they handle ESL students. I'm glad and happy to see their focus with improving the performance of ESL students, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the kids whose first language is English.

Posted October 24, 2013
I don't believe I would have wanted my children to attend any other school in the District. Truckee Elementary has an amazing teaching staff, who care deeply about the success of all students. The teachers work to not only teach the crucial skills needed to learn to read and do math, but to find ways to enrich the children's learning in so many other ways. The school has an envio-lution club which focuses on waste reduction and a food waste recycling program by using red worms to eat food that would have been thrown away. They have an amazing science program for 5th grade students that one of the teachers created and has UC Berekley staff teaching at the 3 day overnight program in the Tahoe National Forest. An after school music education program is offered throughout the year and led by one of the teachers. This is free of cost and children learn to play an instrument of choice and are taught by high school students. Art, writing, and science displays grace the halls of the main building. And to add to all this the school has an active and wonderful PTO. The parents give so much to the school. Their quest to provide enrichment during and after school goes above and beyond.

Posted October 18, 2013
I have had my older three go through Truckee El and my younger two are now starting.... It IS a great school with wonderful staff and excellent educators. I am VERY pleased and proud of my lil' Truckee Cubs.

Posted October 18, 2013
The educator's and staff at Truckee El do a wonderful job with all the children.

Posted October 18, 2013
This school is about community. Many parents involved, teachers who really care about the kids, and effort from the whole community to make Truckee El. a great school

Posted October 18, 2013
As a parent of kindergartener and a 1st grader, I am very supportive of what this school has done with the resources given. There's always room for improvement no matter where you are and I'm confident that my children are on task with their education while blossoming socially. The teachers we've had have demonstrated a healthy combination of discipline and kindness. We are grateful to have them!

Posted October 18, 2013
Truckee Elementary has superseded our expectations. What a wonderful place for my child to learn and grow!

Truckee Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Truckee Elementary School is an important part of this community. Aside from the normal educational classes, the teachers are looking for different ways to help their students. There are various programs designed to help the children socialize properly within the existing community, and there s a special reading program to assist those children that are having a more difficult time. There is a group of volunteers that go to this school with their dogs, and the children with reading challenges read to the dogs. This program has helped a significant number of children and is a different way to help them be better readers

Posted August 13, 2013
We have been very happy with the growth of our children at Truckee El. The teachers make sure to know and work with each student's strengths, weaknesses, and interests, both individually and in groups. We feel that the relationship between teachers, families and staff is as a team. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. We take pride in our cultural diversity. Truckee El has blossomed under the leadership of its principal and teachers. They are truly developing students to strengthen the community as a whole, in addition to developing intelligent, well-rounded individuals.

Truckee Elementary School
11911 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA  96161
Last modified Truckee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Truckee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top