399 students|Tustin Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted February 02, 2016
Benson has been such a blessing! We love the family feel. Everyone is always willing to help. The teachers and staff genuinely care about ALL the children. So proud to be a Benson Bear!! Best principal and teachers EVER!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 02, 2016
I'm thankful for Ms. Erickson, her passion for teaching shows daily in and out of her classroom. She is very involved with student council and sports. She is amazing!! She makes Benson a fun and safe place to learn. THANK YOU!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 30, 2016
So grateful for the principal Mrs. Vela! She is so involved with the students and she brings a smart, balanced mood to the school.

Posted January 30, 2016
My boys are in their third year at Benson and we love it! The teachers have all been wonderful - caring and challenging. I appreciate the high standards at this small school.

Posted January 24, 2016
I have 2 children at Benson. I like the atmoshephere and teamwork i see here. Not only do the implement technology in the classrooms in a fun innovative way. Staff, teachers and administrators are committed to providing a fun and safe learning environment. This school still has art & music plus a fantastic librarian. Great PTO I encourage anyone interested in this school to take the time to visit.

Posted February 12, 2015
My child attends on an Intra-district transfer. I actually selected Benson Elementary over our home school. They incorporate updated technology for a greater learning experience and provide outstanding extra curricular activities. The school has a great mix of students and the teaching staff is excellent. We were lucky enough to have Ms. Ezaki as my child's Kindergarten teacher. So the first experience at school was a very positive one. Ms. Mayer in the office is always helpful and kind. Additional plus, the Principal Ms. Vela has brought great programs to the school, such as the Brave program from the Joyful Child Foundation. We are looking forward to our youngest child attending next year.

Posted February 05, 2015
I have had both of my kids at this school since kindergarten. One is in middle school now and my youngest is in his final year at Benson. I have had the opportunity to interact with ALL the teachers in one way or another. I feel that these teachers give their heart and soul and most importantly, their time to each and every one of the students at Benson. Both my children have thrived and come into their own, have been on honor roll, made beautiful work of art, been part of all the activities, and I contribute that to the Benson staff. I'm so very glad that my family has had such a wonderful experience at such a wonderful school. You would be wise to look into this great little hidden jewel of a school.

Posted February 02, 2015
Barbara Benson Elementary is a truly inclusive school for students of all ability levels. Here at Benson we encourage all students to reach their full potential and be proud of their work, school and community. I am so proud to be a part of Benson Elementary.

Posted January 27, 2015
Teachers and staff genuinely care about the well-being of the whole child at Benson Elementary. It's an academically rigorous, technology-forward, and supportive learning environment for all students. I highly recommend this hidden gem!

Posted January 27, 2015
Benson is an amazing little school with a giant heart! I have two children at Benson. We tried Tustin Ranch after moving into the area, because besides TMA it is THE school most parents think is best. I knew by the second day I had made a huge mistake. Benson has an amazing staff. Mr. Ricky is popular with all the kids & parents alike. Mrs. Vela is approachable and concerned about each student. As former technology coordinator for the district, Mrs. Vela and the teaching staff have made advanced technology a part of daily learning. Due to its small size, 5th grade teachers know kindergarteners by name. All of the teaching staff above 3rd grade are GATE trained. Finally, Benson has several special day classes for special needs students. It is a diverse little school with a more realistic picture of what it means to live in a diverse society than many OC schools. One of my children has some learning challenges, and Benson teachers, Resource teacher and staff have been amazing in supporting and accommodating him in the general education environment. Benson is a hidden little gem, and is the "Cheers" of Tustin Unified. It is a family oriented, child centered school.

12712 Elizabeth Way, Tustin, CA  92780-2811
Last modified Barbara Benson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.