549 students|Tustin Unified

Bad
Good

Peters Canyon is a diverse community of families and students committed to exceptional learning, intellectual exploration and academic rigor. Great effort is devoted to teaching and meeting the needs of its students through differentiated learning and use of depth and complexity concepts in curriculum.

This is an amazing school! It is like a private school among the public schools in every way! Learning is always exciting and "right on" to meet the needs of each student. The teachers are truly amazing and dedicated, and the whole community comes together to support our school.

The parents in charge run the school. Work is all completed with parents help and grading is by the book. Can get this anywhere. P.S. Takes a lot of gifts to teachers to get through the year.

I can't comment too much but I can only speak from what I have experienced so far. My daughter has attended for about 3 months. It has been amazing! The work is definitely challenging and my daughter loves that. She is in Kinder now, also the teacher Mrs. Lemos is great! She truly is the best and when I email her she takes a day or less to reply. She loves working together with the parents and for what I have seen cares about the kids a lot. My daughter absolutely loves her and comes home so happy each day. The teacher isn't strict but I would say from what I have heard from my daughter she is firm. This keeps the kids on their toes. They take a lot of pictures at all the events and class parties. I feel so far that every parent is involved, we all try to do something to be a part of the class and help out. Nothing really that I can complain about so far. My husband did point one thing out though, he said it seems like everything in the front office is too easy. They allow almost anyone to come in to a class as long as they sign in and get a visitor badge. No I.D. required no questions asked. This scares him a bit and it has me thinking maybe they could improve on that.

School seems to have dropped off this year. Old Principal quit. PTO dollars are being spent on PE not education. The Principal in waiting who is teaching a class barely spends any time in the class and seems more concerned with her career and getting the Principals job. There is an amazing support group in place from the parents and the front office staff. School should be back to the high level next year with an experienced, full time principal in place.

I have had three kids attend PCE and all have been stellar experiences. They have excellent extra-curricular activities like Outdoor Ed, Lazy W Ranch, Math Olympiad, choir and plenty of others. In addition, the have a strong focus on academics and the teachers take a personal interest in our students. Parents are very involved in the school. The office staff is helpful and care about the students.

WORST school ever!! Moved to Newport Beach and met several families who have also attended and agree. My children fell behind due to a very turbulent divorce. Completely disgusted and highly disappointed with the staffs inability to help families in crisis. Had several meetings where I was told there was nothing 'extra' they would do in order to help and I was to do more at home. NOTE: TURBULENT DIVORCE(not to mention I only had them 50% of the time). My girls dreaded school. They now attend NEWPORT COAST ELEMENTARY. A true example of and outstanding school. Their method of teaching is outside the box and all they do is 'extra'.(ALL within school hrs.) Not only did they catch up within the first year...they LOVE school and LOVE to learn. Peters Canyon staff needs to take a field trip to NCE and take notes!

This school has it all--amazing kids, teachers & parents. A terrific community using all the latest resources to create life-long learners.

Last modified Peters Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.