No rating

Red Hill Lutheran

Private | K-8 | 340 students

Living in Tustin

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $320,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,700.

Posted January 19, 2010

Wonderful, Strong, Loving, education driven. Very happy to have my child there.

Posted December 8, 2009

Our children have been attending RHLS for 6 years now, and we have experienced the preschool, elementary, and middle school programs here. We chose RHLS above our local highly rated public school (one of the highest rated in Orange County) because of the strong moral and Christian leadership traits taught and practiced here. The current faculty is the best overall group in our years here. They are truly dedicated to not only the academic achievement of your child, but also to their emotional, spiritual, and social development. The principal's leadership is top-notch, and in my opinion, her decision making is never based on cliques, popularity, or personal issues. After hearing the troublesome and downright scary things taking place on the campus of our local public middle school (also very highly rated), I am extremely grateful my 6th grade child is in a safe, controlled, disciplined, and nurturing atmosphere.

Posted April 20, 2009

We have sent three children through Red Hill Lutheran and it has been a great experience for all three. We have experienced the leadership of two principals since then and they were both outstanding. Any negative comments about them clearly comes from people who could not hear the truth about their little angels or who were asked to keep their financial commitments to the school. Any student who leaves Red Hill Lutheran and is 'behind' academically at the new school was most definitely struggling at Red Hill because it is a strong academic school. RHLS is an outstanding school - there is a reason the enrollment has like doubled since we started resulting in the need for a new building. People will always find something to complain about - it is surprising that anyone would not recognize and respect strong leadership and a great school.

Posted March 2, 2009

Ohh my goodness this is the best school in the whole wide world we are provided with an amazing atomsphere of christian based curriculum. I am so blessed and greatful that i have the opportunity to attend RHLS.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 13, 2009

We love this school and the strong morals, guidance and love that we see. Our daughter bounces home with a smile every day. I don't agree with the other reviews regarding the principal. I know the past principal was amazing, but the new one is doing a great job. The integration of God's love into every part of their day and the strong academics have impressed us and we wouldn't dream of being anywhere else, especially in a day-and-age where values and morals are put very low next to academics.

Posted December 1, 2008

This school has changed a lot over the years. While good character traits have been taught and instilled in the students, the staff has not been a good example of the same in themselves :( Lots of favoritism amongst students and their families (note the extremes in some of the reviews on this page..the positive-well liked family; the negative-the rest of us. :( very sad..not at all what I'd expect from a Christian school. Lots of cliqueshness amongst the parents and the staff, and the principal will not even acknowledge you or pay attention to your child unless you are someone who gives the school a great deal of money or is a well-known member of the church. It is not the most positive environment for many. Good luck on being one of the accepted ones.

Posted November 7, 2008

RHLS was an incredible school until they got a new Principal> It seems that the new Principal is running a business. She is VERY unapproachable (unless you are a HUGE financial supporter). My son started at RHLS in their Pre-K program but, by the end of 1st grade we put him a public school.

Posted November 3, 2008

We have two children in the school and could not be more pleased. There is an excellent balance of academics, arts and God. As with ANY school run with human beings, I've seen missteps as well as excellence. It is because of the love, care and teaching my children receive that we continue to attend. My boys LOVE their teachers, enjoy going to school, and thank God for their day at RHLS every night when they pray before bedtime. That alone should be testimony enough.

Posted October 15, 2008

This school is amazing, amazing teachers, and administration. My kids are happy here, and the focus on God is amazing. we could not be happier with this school

Posted October 14, 2008

I have 2 children currently attending this school. The teachers are very supportive, the principal really cares about the students and staff! There is always something great going on at this school. I really recomend it!

Posted October 3, 2008

Our family loves RHLS! Our kids lives revolve around the church and school with all of its programs and activities both in class and after school. They truly love their friends, and the children there really care about each other. There are many rewards for good behavior, citizenship, Christian character qualities, and for excellence in their work as students. To our kids, it is the greatest place on earth.

Posted October 2, 2008

Amazing school! My daughter made really good friends. And the most amazing principle ever! It was sad when we had to move away.

Posted August 5, 2008

My children are both former students here, and overall we were a little disappointed in this school. We have been very pleased with the affiliated church however, so this was a big surprise. While the church teaches to be accepting of others--no matter what their background, the school has a very high degree of cliqueness and does not treat others equally. Very sadly this extends over to much of the staff, especially the principal. Far more is expected from a private school, especially one that is associated with a good church. There are quite a bit of politics floating about and with this, if the staff does not agree with your culture or personality it affects many of the opportunities they have at the school :( They are badly in need of new administrators. On the upside, academics are good overall, as are extracurricular activities.

Posted June 26, 2008

RHLS is still the best kept secret in the Tustin/Irvine area. The staff is loving, caring and extremely hard working. This is a fantastic environment for children to learn. They are safe, loved and challenged academically. Both of my children love God and are so happy they can learn and talk about Him at school and with their friends. Our family will be at RHLS until our children graduate from 8th grade! The school is a total blessing to our family.

Posted May 14, 2008

We transferred our child from a Tustin public school (after seeing that school go downhill fast) to Red Hill Lutheran. When we were 'feeling' out a new school for our child, we felt very welcomed at Red Hill Lutheran as soon as we were walking up to the front office. The staff is extremely nice and pleasant. Our child had to play catch up beings the public schools are behind a grade level. Now our child is making the best grades they have ever received. Their teacher has taken out her own time with her family to unselfishly give herself to her students. She tutors her students who need help after school out of her heart, not the school's pocketbook. I have recommended this school to all of my peers who are searching for a school that will benefit their child (children) in an oustanding education.

Posted May 7, 2008

I am a parent that has had all of my children there for a few years. We were far happier with it prior to the current principal taking over for the 2007-08 school year. She seems highly unmotivated and definitely does not treat all students equally or fairly. It definitely appears that you are only respected both as a student and their parent if you are an active member of the church or school board, or if you are a middle-school student. It's been a huge disappointment this year and it seems that many of the staff do not support the changes and often staff is not available to help with homework needs. More is expected from the parents, yet we continue to pay higher prices for tuition! Red Hill needs to make some changes! (note that some of the 'better' reviews here were done a year + ago)

Posted April 7, 2008

If you enroll your student here - get ready for alot of hands on help with your child. The homework is heavy-the reports are endless. Your child will not receive any individual help he/she may need. I feel the pressure for grades outweighs the importance of actually learning. Both of my children are very discouraged and overwelmed. It puts alot of responsibility for parents.

Posted February 2, 2008

I am a parent a Red Hill Lutheran School and have I strongly disagree with the student rating below. I have found the transition from the former administration to the current administration to be almost seamless! The visions and mission of the school have remained as strong as ever. I was looking for a Christian school with high accademic standards and that is exactly what I have found.

Posted October 12, 2007

Red Hill Lutheran School was a big dissapointment! When the new principal came, the school went down hill fast! Don't go here unless you have no other school in your area!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 29, 2007

This schools main focus has shifted from Christian character to purely academic and teaching for high SAT scores. If you are looking for a religious school or if your child is a non tractional learner, you may want to do some researching before enrolling here.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ms. Cindy Jordan
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Evangelical lutheran church in america
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (714) 544-8176

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious