No rating

Red Hill Lutheran

Private | K-8 | 340 students

Living in Tustin

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $320,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,700.

Posted August 13, 2007

I first chose this school because of its proximity to my home and the great things I heard about the pre-school program. I had planned to send my children to public school when they became old enough. Well, they are both old enough now and we aren't leaving! The staff is superb; the teachers are excellent; the prinicipal is amazing and the parents are wonderful. Parent pariticipation is strongly encouraged and I love it. My kids really enjoy having Mom there too. Computer access and learning begins in Preschool which I think is fantastic. The P.E. program for elementary children is exceptional. I especially love the after school optional programs and the summer programs. The coordinator does a fantastic job and the prices are reasonable. Plus, my kids love them. They are learning and having fun! Red Hill Lutheran is a truly fantastic, loving, Christian school.

Posted March 28, 2007

My child attends school at RHL and it is not the 'Christian' experience you would expect from a Christian school. There is a lack of discipline at this school. There is great parent participation at this school, some fairly good teachers, but administration needs to get with the academic times and prepare these kids for high school. Do your research before enrolling your children at RHL.

Posted November 9, 2006

I have been very impressed with the environment at Red Hill. Our daughter is currently in second grade and has been at the school for two years. The teachers and staff create a Christ-centered environment that offers love and support to the students. The parental involvement is strong and the academic curriculum is fantastic, with a strong music, performing arts, and computer program. Christian principles are stressed from the top down! The environment makes parents feel confident that their children and safe and cared for.

Posted January 9, 2006

Excellent staff. Excellent school. Great Activities for kids.

Posted October 14, 2005

I can't say that my children had a good experience here. We ended up pulling them out and sending them to another Lutheran school that had stronger, more professional administration and more qualified teachers. Great parent involvement. If you don't attend church here, this is probably not the place to send your children.

Posted June 20, 2005

Not too happy with how they run the school enrollment process. It seems as if the school is running a business with all the pre-paid fees and you seem to be in a loop hole with what's going on.

Posted May 23, 2005

I'm very satisfied with the education that Red Hill is providing to my children. Not only is the teaching based on a Christian perspective, but the teachers, staff, and administration take the time to answer any questions or concerns that I might have. I highly recommend any interested party to not only take a tour and meet your child's prospective teacher and principal, but also to compare this school with other private and public schools in Orange County. You won't be dissapointed.

Posted May 18, 2005

My daughter has been at Red Hill since preschool, she is currently in third grade. The principal is outstanding and makes improvements every year. She has updated the curriculum for all grade levels, improved the playground, and hired degreed teachers. My daughter receives personal attention, and has flourished in the environment.

Posted January 31, 2005

Lousy school with the worst principal ever. Do not send you children to this school. The kids at this are given good grades even there standarized test scores will show that the grades are not warranted.

Posted November 30, 2004

My child attended Red Hill Lutheran for 3 solid years. It seemed as if my child didn't enjoy his time at school but wouldn't clue me in as why. I thought my child was getting an excellent education, that was until she switched schools. Now she is at another private school getting poor grades since Red Hill doesn't teach up to the standard that they should be. Even though my child is receiving bad grades, they are getting better every day and is learnin up to her grade level. Also the children are much nicer and she enjoys school alot more now. Not to mention the principal is much nicer than the principal and Red Hill Lutheran and does not come of as fake and phony.

Posted November 26, 2004

An exceptional school! rhl offers a warm nuturing environment offering positive reinforcement of good characteristics. The after-school programs are enriching. The children at all grade levels are happy and wholesome, and there is strong parent involvement. It feels like a big extended family.

Posted November 8, 2004

The administration of the school puts a lot of effort into protecting the safety and self esteem of the children. The teachers seem to really care about the students. The class sizes are small. We did, however, have some disappointment with the school. My daughter, who got straight A's at Red Hill, was behind her new classmates academically when we transfered her to a local public school. We have had to give extra help for her to catch up with her peers scholastically. We found that straight A's are not a good way to judge a school's performance.

Posted August 3, 2004

My children's experience at Red Hill has been mostly positive, however, there are definitely some negatives concerning the school. Unless you are in total agreement with everything espoused by the principal, your experience will be such that it will be uncomfortable for you to stay. The Middle School Program is very good and the teachers are well-qualified. However, that can not be said for the lower grades, where perhaps good teachers matter the most. My youngest child just completed 3rd grade and he does not know his times tables, as way of example. Just because this is a Christian School does not mean the children have a Christian attitude. My 3rd grader was one of three boys in his class and they ostracized him. This was brought to the attention of his teacher and the principal, to no avail. He will be going to a new school next year.

Posted June 24, 2004

My child attended this school and had a horrible experience! The teachers lack experience and the administration is unresponsive. Since then my child has attended another area lutheran school where he is excelling and working above grade level. If you are not a member of this church, chances are, your child will suffer and will be treated differently.

Posted May 13, 2004

My daughter is about to finish her second year at Red Hill. The decision to stay for Kindergarten was very easy. I have been very pleased with Red Hill's school and after school programs. Their dedicated staff and curriculum offer a fun, loving and education enriched environment. Red Hill Lutheran School has continued to exceed my expectations for my daughters social, academic and Christ-centered growth and development.

Posted April 20, 2004

I started my daughter in the Pre-School Program when she was 3 due to the location but have consistently been impressed at the high quality and dedication of the staff, the after school care has a learning-rich environment, not just a place to drop your kids. The environment of the school and church is one of respect and understanding for each other and I plan to keep my daughter on through Grade 8. I go to work every day knowing she in a safe, disciplined yet loving place. Go Red Hill!

Posted February 1, 2004

Our children are getting a superior, well-rounded, Christian education at Red Hill. The specialty classes that are part of the school day (PE, Music, Spanish, Computers, and Creative Movement) are terrific, and something our children would not experience at a public school. The after-school program offers a wide variety of fun classes and team sports. We are about to begin our fourth year at Red Hill and we plan to keep our kids there through 8th grade.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 10% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ms. Cindy Jordan
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Evangelical lutheran church in america
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (714) 544-8176

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious