No rating

Red Hill Lutheran

Private | K-8 | 340 students

Living in Tustin

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $320,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,700.

Posted May 14, 2008

We transferred our child from a Tustin public school (after seeing that school go downhill fast) to Red Hill Lutheran. When we were 'feeling' out a new school for our child, we felt very welcomed at Red Hill Lutheran as soon as we were walking up to the front office. The staff is extremely nice and pleasant. Our child had to play catch up beings the public schools are behind a grade level. Now our child is making the best grades they have ever received. Their teacher has taken out her own time with her family to unselfishly give herself to her students. She tutors her students who need help after school out of her heart, not the school's pocketbook. I have recommended this school to all of my peers who are searching for a school that will benefit their child (children) in an oustanding education.

Posted May 7, 2008

I am a parent that has had all of my children there for a few years. We were far happier with it prior to the current principal taking over for the 2007-08 school year. She seems highly unmotivated and definitely does not treat all students equally or fairly. It definitely appears that you are only respected both as a student and their parent if you are an active member of the church or school board, or if you are a middle-school student. It's been a huge disappointment this year and it seems that many of the staff do not support the changes and often staff is not available to help with homework needs. More is expected from the parents, yet we continue to pay higher prices for tuition! Red Hill needs to make some changes! (note that some of the 'better' reviews here were done a year + ago)

Posted April 7, 2008

If you enroll your student here - get ready for alot of hands on help with your child. The homework is heavy-the reports are endless. Your child will not receive any individual help he/she may need. I feel the pressure for grades outweighs the importance of actually learning. Both of my children are very discouraged and overwelmed. It puts alot of responsibility for parents.

Posted February 2, 2008

I am a parent a Red Hill Lutheran School and have I strongly disagree with the student rating below. I have found the transition from the former administration to the current administration to be almost seamless! The visions and mission of the school have remained as strong as ever. I was looking for a Christian school with high accademic standards and that is exactly what I have found.

Posted October 12, 2007

Red Hill Lutheran School was a big dissapointment! When the new principal came, the school went down hill fast! Don't go here unless you have no other school in your area!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 29, 2007

This schools main focus has shifted from Christian character to purely academic and teaching for high SAT scores. If you are looking for a religious school or if your child is a non tractional learner, you may want to do some researching before enrolling here.

Posted August 15, 2007

Red Hill Lutheran is an excellent Christian school. My children who completed eighth grade there went on to excel academically at Orange Lutheran High School. They were able to place in mostly honors classes. My youngest child is entering 6th grade at RHLS and is benefiting from the great academics, weekly music, PE, and computer classes. There is also a great after school program, which includes sports and learning opportunities. The teachers are all qualified and loving. The administration is supportive. Parent involvement is encouraged and there are many wonderful volunteers making it a better place. The school provides a safe Christian atmosphere and perspective in all areas, from academics to discipline.

Posted August 13, 2007

I first chose this school because of its proximity to my home and the great things I heard about the pre-school program. I had planned to send my children to public school when they became old enough. Well, they are both old enough now and we aren't leaving! The staff is superb; the teachers are excellent; the prinicipal is amazing and the parents are wonderful. Parent pariticipation is strongly encouraged and I love it. My kids really enjoy having Mom there too. Computer access and learning begins in Preschool which I think is fantastic. The P.E. program for elementary children is exceptional. I especially love the after school optional programs and the summer programs. The coordinator does a fantastic job and the prices are reasonable. Plus, my kids love them. They are learning and having fun! Red Hill Lutheran is a truly fantastic, loving, Christian school.

Posted March 28, 2007

My child attends school at RHL and it is not the 'Christian' experience you would expect from a Christian school. There is a lack of discipline at this school. There is great parent participation at this school, some fairly good teachers, but administration needs to get with the academic times and prepare these kids for high school. Do your research before enrolling your children at RHL.

Posted January 9, 2006

Excellent staff. Excellent school. Great Activities for kids.

Posted October 14, 2005

I can't say that my children had a good experience here. We ended up pulling them out and sending them to another Lutheran school that had stronger, more professional administration and more qualified teachers. Great parent involvement. If you don't attend church here, this is probably not the place to send your children.

Posted June 20, 2005

Not too happy with how they run the school enrollment process. It seems as if the school is running a business with all the pre-paid fees and you seem to be in a loop hole with what's going on.

Posted May 23, 2005

I'm very satisfied with the education that Red Hill is providing to my children. Not only is the teaching based on a Christian perspective, but the teachers, staff, and administration take the time to answer any questions or concerns that I might have. I highly recommend any interested party to not only take a tour and meet your child's prospective teacher and principal, but also to compare this school with other private and public schools in Orange County. You won't be dissapointed.

Posted May 18, 2005

My daughter has been at Red Hill since preschool, she is currently in third grade. The principal is outstanding and makes improvements every year. She has updated the curriculum for all grade levels, improved the playground, and hired degreed teachers. My daughter receives personal attention, and has flourished in the environment.

Posted January 31, 2005

Lousy school with the worst principal ever. Do not send you children to this school. The kids at this are given good grades even there standarized test scores will show that the grades are not warranted.

Posted November 30, 2004

My child attended Red Hill Lutheran for 3 solid years. It seemed as if my child didn't enjoy his time at school but wouldn't clue me in as why. I thought my child was getting an excellent education, that was until she switched schools. Now she is at another private school getting poor grades since Red Hill doesn't teach up to the standard that they should be. Even though my child is receiving bad grades, they are getting better every day and is learnin up to her grade level. Also the children are much nicer and she enjoys school alot more now. Not to mention the principal is much nicer than the principal and Red Hill Lutheran and does not come of as fake and phony.

Posted November 26, 2004

An exceptional school! rhl offers a warm nuturing environment offering positive reinforcement of good characteristics. The after-school programs are enriching. The children at all grade levels are happy and wholesome, and there is strong parent involvement. It feels like a big extended family.

Posted November 8, 2004

The administration of the school puts a lot of effort into protecting the safety and self esteem of the children. The teachers seem to really care about the students. The class sizes are small. We did, however, have some disappointment with the school. My daughter, who got straight A's at Red Hill, was behind her new classmates academically when we transfered her to a local public school. We have had to give extra help for her to catch up with her peers scholastically. We found that straight A's are not a good way to judge a school's performance.

Posted August 3, 2004

My children's experience at Red Hill has been mostly positive, however, there are definitely some negatives concerning the school. Unless you are in total agreement with everything espoused by the principal, your experience will be such that it will be uncomfortable for you to stay. The Middle School Program is very good and the teachers are well-qualified. However, that can not be said for the lower grades, where perhaps good teachers matter the most. My youngest child just completed 3rd grade and he does not know his times tables, as way of example. Just because this is a Christian School does not mean the children have a Christian attitude. My 3rd grader was one of three boys in his class and they ostracized him. This was brought to the attention of his teacher and the principal, to no avail. He will be going to a new school next year.

Posted June 24, 2004

My child attended this school and had a horrible experience! The teachers lack experience and the administration is unresponsive. Since then my child has attended another area lutheran school where he is excelling and working above grade level. If you are not a member of this church, chances are, your child will suffer and will be treated differently.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ms. Cindy Jordan
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Evangelical lutheran church in america
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (714) 544-8176

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious