Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school has been great for our kids. Everyone from teachers to administration have been amazing and always seem to go above and beyond. We couldn't have asked for better!

My son attended Kindergarten at Condor and due to availability of military housing he ended up going to 29 Elementary for 1st and part of 2nd. Between the 2 schools I prefer 29 El. His 1st and 2nd grade teacher were great. The front office staff were always available and made sure to acknowledge that you were there even when it may take a minute for them to get to you. I've called the cafeteria a couple of times and the lady there was very friendly. They also know the students. I was a bit anxious to have my son attend 29 Elementary but I felt his teachers did great working with him and keeping communication with me about his performance.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

It is very sad how much these teachers have their hands tied on what they can and can't do in their classrooms. My son's teacher was barely provided enough supplies for her class and the curriculum she is given from the school that she HAS to follow is a failure. Kindergarten they don't actually teach the children letter sounds or how to sound things out. They are just shown words and are to "memorize" them. Alot of the homework or inclass work is the same thing week in and week out.

Develops character: Disagree

The staff and teachers don't display it. You can't teach children about honesty, integrity or fairness if you yourself don't show it in your classroom.

The teachers at the school are hit and miss. Many seem too busy to care, while many are incredible. My daughter has been with Mrs. Schneider in first grade and it is obvious that she is incredible. She relates well with the first graders, is organized, shows an incredible level of professionalism, and is fantastic in the classroom! There are so many things wrong with that school, but she is not one of them!

I sent my child to kindergarten here and one year later I am still regretting it. This is an absolute horrible horrible place. When you enter the school you have to deal with two extremely moody and disgruntled secretary's. They are equally rude to students and parents, but do seem to really hate children. The principal openly complains about students to other parents and teachers, she also seems to really hate children. If you need to get a hold of the principal, don't bother calling or emailing, she will not call you back. in fact the principal is usually not at the school. There is one kindergarten who is self medicating and everyone seems to be ignoring the fact she should not be around kids. Please do not send your children here. No child deserves to go Twentynine Palms Elementary.

Most teachers in the school teach to the test only. Some of the kids eat lunch outdoors in 110 plus degree weather. It is just not acceptable.

Worst school ever : This school has to be the worst school to send your child to but if you like,,, people talking about you and the way you raise your child behind your back,,,, something going wrong with your child and have to wait till they feel like calling you to know something is wrong with your child... If you like rude people who have zero respect for anyone then this is the school for you

I agree I would not send my child here a lot has changed and its not the same school. If you want a school who loves to call cps on you when they fell like it then this is the school for you I am sorry to say but it makes me sad to see what some of the people here do

My son went there from 2, 3 and part of 4th grade as my husband is military and we got orders. I loved the school. I was on the School Site Council while we where there. The staff and teachers were the best. We are heading back to 29 this summer and my daughter will be in 1st grade and will be going there.

Last modified Twentynine Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.