Union City, CA
Students enrolled: 1,400

Alvarado Middle School 1

Posted May 25, 2015
This school has absolutely the worst writing program. At least in elementary school, there were proper writing lessons. At this school, there are no courses to improve grammar. Nor are there any professional modern writing to look at. The examples given to my daughters at school to read were either written by students her age with extremely bad taste for wording or they were historical documents written by politicians which only made school more boring for my children. To be honest, if the peer written articles were decent, then I would forgive them. But they're not. They don't have any good essays by well accomplished writers such as those from the New York Times. Those essays are well written, not difficult, and quite frankly, perfect for middle and high schoolers. I am disappointed by this school's low education standards.

Alvarado Middle School 2

Posted May 12, 2015
Overall I would not recommend this school. Pros: The school has a fantastic music program with Mr. Agregado and his assistant Ms. Liu. We also liked the two science teachers my son had, Ms. Baker and Mr. Tovrea. Cons: The school does not have enough teachers (there are regularly 40 students in a class) and there is a moderate level of bullying allowed. The teachers were run ragged by having so many students and so much paperwork to do.

Alvarado Middle School 1

Posted March 02, 2015
I had a horrible experience with the Principle Jesus Varela. I came into the office very upset regarding a situation that had to do with my child and he made it worst instead of taking control of the situation he escalated by yelling at me in the front of the school office . He is very unprofessional he definitely is not a people person! I'm so glad this is my child last year otherwise I would switch her schools!

Alvarado Middle School 3

Posted September 10, 2014
Student here, 3 years in a row. I cannot lie and say that my school is better or amazing than any other. I cannot say that if you choose this school it will be the same as it was before. I have been bullied by many individuals across the school, but it doesn't mean it is anywhere close to "bad." Most teachers will not recognize you for your excellence or maturity, you will be broken by peers if you do not suit their ideal of "normal," and you will be praised if you are able to insult others and have arrogance, and make friends with the top dogs. There are good kids, bad kids, lazy teachers, and strict teachers. Have fun.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is a wonderful school because the day went by quickly and the student can think that the school day would be almost over. Also the teachers teach really good and also the student really like learning at Alvarado middle school. At the school the students can also have fun when the students get a activity day where the students can play and go around having fun.

Posted August 23, 2013
My school is the best school.They are very welcoming students and teachers.The teachers are very nice,smart,and all ways there to help when you need it even after school.The students are great,they are very welcoming and great.The counslers are always there to help you when you are hurt or need help.

Alvarado Middle School 4

Posted December 15, 2012
Good school from our brief attendance. We came mid year as an 8th grader. the principal was so personable and we really liked her. She genuinally cared for her students. They offer anti bullying and it carries out in the community. The school really seems to stick together and the special ed teacher was wonderful. They have more activities and they do not cut athletes regardless of their experience. They encourage them and keep them motivated. Very impressed for the time we were there.

Alvarado Middle School 4

Posted June 24, 2012
My boy has graduated from this middle school and I am very happy with his achievements and learning. One thing that is emphasized less here is focus on science and technology projects that some other Silicon Valley schools tend to do. I hear from my kid there are once in a while disruptions in the class due to some distracted kids, but over-all emphasis on studies is reasonable. AMong good things, the band program is good and gave my kid very good confidence to perform in public. I was also happy with his learning in subjects like Algebra and Geometry.

Alvarado Middle School 2

Posted September 13, 2011
i give this school below anerage because this school change too much. i use to go to this school back in the day it was fun but now . my daughter is going to this school n she tell me about the school now.1.is they have the student eat at a area n can't walk around on school groungs. They only go to the basketball coult, black top and the field only.The time i was there all the student was walking around on school groungs.This teacher made some of the students call their paretsbecause they just forgot to do 1 of the pages of homework.my daughter for got to do a page of her homework and her teacher told my daughter to call me n tell me she forgot to do it.Just for that wow. the only time schools should call if is a emergency.Her teacher say if u absence get your homework assignment from a other student, the teacher wont give you the homework that u need when you were absence.They make the student take a tast about the school rules. two times about the rules ane one for p.e just make sure you get it.I was happy about my daughter going to this school and i'm not happy about. That is a shame about this school.I told my daughter she going to have fun at this school but i was wrong

Posted May 12, 2011
this is a great school if you want to put your child in a public middle school, Alvarado middle is the right place. Go Cougars!

Alvarado Middle School
31604 Alvarado Boulevard, Union City, CA  94587
Last modified Alvarado Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alvarado Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top