Union City, CA

Tom Kitayama Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2015
It's really great school and great staff.my kid lern so many things here like speaking and maxima words in pre kg.

Posted March 13, 2015
The 2014-15 school year is the second year my son is enrolled at Kitayama elementary school who is now in kindergarten. His TK (transitional kindergarten) teacher was Mrs. Smith. She is very devoted to her students. This is also true with his current teacher, Ms. Teruya. My only concern is that the teachers are not pleased with their contracts or the lack thereof which was explained to the letter they sent out to parents, will ultimately impact students. I hope this gets resolved soon. There are no sure winners in this situation, just guaranteed losers, which are the students.

Posted September 19, 2014
The staff, teachers, and parents are very involved in the school. I'm so glad my child is attending Tom Kitayama Elementary School, and I can't wait for my second one to join next year. Go Bears!

Posted August 19, 2014
This school is one of the best school i have ever seen am so excited my sons are in this school can't. Wait for this school year teacher's. Are the best in teaching haven't seen. teachers that are so focused with ur children like they do here keep up the good work i give this school a 5 star super happy with all staff in these school starting from the office to all the teachers. :)

Tom Kitayama Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2014
In kitayama the teachers make kids good learning almost every day. Also after school if you can not pick them up you can sign up for kidsfirst and they can do homework there

Posted August 29, 2013
Tom Kitayama school has been my home school since it opened. Through the years we have had change every year and yet through it all the staff, students,& families consistently work together to provide a terrific learning environment with successful students!

Posted August 05, 2011
This school has helped me excel in my learning in many ways.They a great dedicated staff the loves what they do,and they care about the kids.They push kids to do their best and only their best.The parent community is also very good the parents are always helping out and participating,and they are always there to help.The community is great,and you will never be left out because the students are very nice.Overall,a very nice school that offers a lot of great things for the parents and students.

Posted August 16, 2010
The school is friendly and the principal, Ms. Metzinger, is outstanding. She is truly concerned with the students and their learning and strives to make their experience the best. I love this school, the staff and the principal!

Posted May 25, 2010
Very good school in so many ways teachers are dedicated and committed to the kids. You can feel the good energy there. Ms. Metzinger is an excellent principal she waits in the crosswalk and welcomes students and parents. I love the place! I wish it went up to 7th grade.

Tom Kitayama Elementary School

Posted September 19, 2009
I have 2 kids that are studying 3rd grade in this school. They have started with 2nd grade in this school and they absolutely love it. I am very happy with the quality of teaching. I am also pleasantly surprised with teachers' prompt replies to emails. The school also has an excellent PE and music program. Overall, I am absolutely happy with the school. Go bears!

Tom Kitayama Elementary School
1959 Sunsprite Drive, Union City, CA  94587
Last modified Tom Kitayama Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tom Kitayama Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top