Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Staff is great, and everyone is always so helpful. My older son went here from k-5th and we all enjoyed our experience. Our younger son is now in kinder and we couldn't be happier with his kindergarten teacher.

It's really great school and great staff.my kid lern so many things here like speaking and maxima words in pre kg.

The 2014-15 school year is the second year my son is enrolled at Kitayama elementary school who is now in kindergarten. His TK (transitional kindergarten) teacher was Mrs. Smith. She is very devoted to her students. This is also true with his current teacher, Ms. Teruya. My only concern is that the teachers are not pleased with their contracts or the lack thereof which was explained to the letter they sent out to parents, will ultimately impact students. I hope this gets resolved soon. There are no sure winners in this situation, just guaranteed losers, which are the students.

The staff, teachers, and parents are very involved in the school. I'm so glad my child is attending Tom Kitayama Elementary School, and I can't wait for my second one to join next year. Go Bears!

This school is one of the best school i have ever seen am so excited my sons are in this school can't. Wait for this school year teacher's. Are the best in teaching haven't seen. teachers that are so focused with ur children like they do here keep up the good work i give this school a 5 star super happy with all staff in these school starting from the office to all the teachers. :)

In kitayama the teachers make kids good learning almost every day. Also after school if you can not pick them up you can sign up for kidsfirst and they can do homework there

Tom Kitayama school has been my home school since it opened. Through the years we have had change every year and yet through it all the staff, students,& families consistently work together to provide a terrific learning environment with successful students!

This school has helped me excel in my learning in many ways.They a great dedicated staff the loves what they do,and they care about the kids.They push kids to do their best and only their best.The parent community is also very good the parents are always helping out and participating,and they are always there to help.The community is great,and you will never be left out because the students are very nice.Overall,a very nice school that offers a lot of great things for the parents and students.

The school is friendly and the principal, Ms. Metzinger, is outstanding. She is truly concerned with the students and their learning and strives to make their experience the best. I love this school, the staff and the principal!

Very good school in so many ways teachers are dedicated and committed to the kids. You can feel the good energy there. Ms. Metzinger is an excellent principal she waits in the crosswalk and welcomes students and parents. I love the place! I wish it went up to 7th grade.

Last modified Tom Kitayama Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.