Union City, CA

Posted April 20, 2015
I did not think that Pioneer elementary with the current API score of 841 will cut it for my smart daughter. However we decided to to try out their Transitional kindergarten program as unfortunately my husband lost his job around the same time as it was time for my girl to go to school. WE LOVED Mrs. Taing. Now in our third year, we are continuing at Pioneer inspite of having the ability to send our daughter to private school. The principal Mrs. Benafield and all teachers my girl has had so far, are wonderful. They have a good curriculum and the classmates are taught to excel. My daughter comes home all smiles and hates when school is closed. Very happy and satisfied parent .

Posted January 08, 2014
I love Pioneer school! The teachers and staff are all easy to get along with and go above and beyond in helping their students. I've had 4 children attend school here and besides a couple small issues (that were resolved) this school is amazing! My youngest son will be in 5th grade next year, it will be sad to go! Take the time to get involved and become a part of your child's education and I promise you will be happy you did. It makes a huge difference!

Posted September 11, 2013
This school is awesome. Love the teachers, principal, office team and PTC group. Given the tight budget and bigger classroom size, the school is still be able to manage the students to excel. My two kids have been attending this school from K to 5th grade. The eldest one is now in an accelerated math at Alvarado Middle School. She still talks about her teachers at Pioneer and occassionally opens her yearbooks and smiles. My youngest one is attending 5th grade. She loves her teachers and classmates so much that she is not looking forward to moving to the middle school. To keep up the good work, parent involvement is very important as well. Instead of blaming the school system or better teachers leaving the school, participate and get involved in your kids' education. Keep up the good work! Pioneer!!!

Posted September 10, 2013
My son attended Pioneer from Kinder to 5th and enjoyed his time there. It is not only an academically rich environment, thanks to the teachers, but a place where the students are nurtured which is the foundation for molding happy and successful children. My daughter currently attends Pioneer Elementary school. She comes home with so many stories to share of what she learned in each class! There is nothing better than to see the excitement in your child's eyes. Thank you Pioneer!

Posted July 31, 2013
My son is now going to be a first grader and my second son will be a Kindergartener . During the first year at Pioneer for my eldest son, I thought it was great. We had Mrs. Olivo and she was amazingly wonderful. My son excelled so quickly in academics and I believe it had to do with how a teacher teaches. Im hoping that my second son will have her as well. The school itself if pretty good. Responsive to all my concerns and questions that I had through out the year, took are of my son when he was injured and notified me. Im hoping with the grant money that was awarded to NHUSD that the teachers will be taken cared of as well as the students. I never really appreciated the works of a teacher until my son was in school. They are the first ones besides us parents, who help your child grow in this world.

Pioneer Elementary School 2

Posted November 28, 2012
This school has been going downhill pretty fast and their better teachers have retired or left thus leaving the lesser ones. The chances of landing a teacher of any substance you have to be in the "in" group with the teachers - or just get to know where teachers push their kids through follow that path...but its slim. The class size is just too much for the kind of teachers they have left...goodluck...if you go here send your kids to afterschool tutoring you will be better off....this school is not going to help them

Posted May 08, 2010
A great school and with many good teachers. Many experienced teachers who will work with you on many of your concerns. The school provides an enriching environment for learning.

Posted May 25, 2009
This is a great school, it seems that my son is going to an international school very well diversified. Great Interaction between students and teacher. Teacher are very experienced. Students are very respectful.

Posted August 22, 2006
Pioneer has been a great school for my son. The teachers and all staff have been wonderful. I really appreciate the immediate involvement between staff and parents if there are ever any concerns.

Posted April 21, 2006
Overall this school is better than most. I like the fact that the music program still exists and the school faculty is big on safety . Some areas of improvement are more hands on learning in science (field trips included) and smaller class sizes. The teachers my son has had are receptive to my concerns about academics but can only do so much due to lack of teacher assistants.

Pioneer Elementary School
32737 Bel Aire Street, Union City, CA  94587
Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pioneer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top