Union City, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 02, 2014
I am a alumni from this school and attended this school for the three years I was there. The education is great especially for high school preparation. Also the extracurricular activities offered are fun and exciting. The school provides a reasonable amount of work so students can attend clubs and complete and submit their homework on time. And for middle school, parents can track students grades and homework everyday. Also the faculty show great enthusiasm toward teaching the students and are very supportive.

Posted March 08, 2014
My child has been at this school for 4 years & loves it. The school has been growing and improving each year. Computer lab, music, art, PE, and French are offered during the school day. There are projects, field trips, talent shows, recitals, and clubs. The teachers and administration are always friendly and helpful. For involved parents, there is the PTO and committees. The lunch program and after school day care are so convenient for the parents! And all this at such a great price. We're staying till our child graduates!

Posted March 05, 2014
My son is attending MHMS since 2010 and now he is in 7th grade. In my view school is way different than public schools, other expensive private schools and religious schools. Public schools are known with their problems. Other fancy private schools has nice facilities but at the end the education is the same.If you have an extra money, robot looking children that cannot, socialize or play sports those schools are the best. The religious schools are not in my considerations so. On the other hand MHMS school is very affordable, great teachers, excellent curriculum, using technology at the most, helps with home work, play sports offers lot of activities/clubs, lunch program, after school care, PTO involvement, friendly and professional administrators and exceptional director. School also has councilor addresses any development and behavioral issues. At the end of the day if you sit back and look at what you are getting for your child for $825 a month or $41 a day for nearly 10 hours of day education and day care it is unbelievable. I am not sure how they do this but this is amazing. That said I recommend this school to anybody in a heartbeat especially for working parents.

Posted February 03, 2014
The school is no longer what it used to be. It's growing too fast and the teachers come and go. I have never seen such a high teacher turn over. And the quality is lower so this will be our last year in this school.

Posted February 01, 2014
We left this school after two years. The first year (5th grade) was great, but once our child moved to the middle school, the quality of education declined dramatically. The school is also growing too quickly for the existing staff to manage. We moved our child I to a public junior high and we are all very happy. He is happier, has more opportunities to engage in a wider variety of extracurricular activities, and is receiving a better education from his teachers.

Posted January 21, 2014
This is our child's 2nd year here. First year was good; teacher was great. This school year, teacher is okay, staff is not as responsive as our first year. The number of students increased this year so maybe staff is overwhelmed which means they need to hire more staff members. Tuition is steadily increasing so debating to move child to public school or another private school. Also noticed if you raise a concern about school policy or teacher, the principal is on the defense mode. To her the school is perfect the way it is and the staff can do no wrong. Which to me as a parent meant my suggestions for improvement are not welcome and the student is always at fault. This is the other main reason why we're thinking of moving our child somewhere else. I have spoken to other parents to see whether it's just us who felt that way but apparently not. The entire school staff starting with the principal should definitely be more open to suggestions for improvements if they want to keep existing students,

Posted October 21, 2013
This is our 5th year at MHMS. My oldest son started in 3rd grade and my youngest son just started the Pre-K program this year. We are extremely pleased with the well rounded curriculum, highly qualified teachers, and a wonderful administration staff that goes above and beyond to make sure each individual is looked after (students, parents, and staff). At MHMS you really get to experience what private education should be like!!! My husband, children, and I thank MHMS for having us as a part of their "Community" and making school such a wonderful experience for all of us:-) GO PUMAS!

Posted October 19, 2013
The best school ever! Both of my children are attending this school. Their program is a well rounded mix of social and academic skills.So many extra activities in all areas like sports, arts, languages, music,dance etc.The teachers and all the school staff is awesome.My kids looks forward to attending school everyday. Much better than a public school and the price is worth it.

Posted October 19, 2013
I have been with MHMS for 4 years and have seen our son develop to be an advanced student working one grade level higher in multiple subjects. The commitment to the children and love we see on a daily basis is to a level never seen for a school. They have been growing every year by more than 50% and I don't know how they do it but they always find great teachers who all work great together. We are extremely pleased and look forward to each new school year. I have seen kids come from other schools mid-year, this year there was one after the 1st 3 weeks of school in another school transfer into MHMS, they have to be doing something great! French, Music, PE & sports, Art, Drama are all part of the curriculum, then there are afterschool clubs, Chess, Mandarin, cooking for the different levels, they have a basketball team and the list goes on and on. To top things off they have a Parent Teacher Organization with some very involved parents. It is great to be able to help molding our kids and not just drop them off and wish for the best. In conclusion the fees are very reasonable with early morning drop-off and afterschool care for NO additional cost, great for parents who commute.

Posted October 19, 2013
My children have been at MHMS for 3 years now. They love going to school and are thriving. The small classes and extra curricular activities are wonderful! The math and especially the reading levels at this school are amazing! All around very happy with the school.

Mission Hills Middle School
250 Tamarack Drive, Union City, CA  94587
Last modified Mission Hills Middle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mission Hills Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top