Bad
Good

Baldy View Elementary School 5

Posted May 11, 2016
I have had 3 kids go to Baldy View. The school is getting better and better. The principal Mr. C is wonderful and what the school has needed for years. He is caring to students and takes time to greet the parents. I am glad he is there and teaching his office staff to finally be polite to people and care about kids.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 11, 2016
It does now thanks to the principal. He cares about all students and treats them with respect. The office used to be a rude place.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 11, 2016
Mr. C is an awesome principal who is making rules more fair to students. This was much needed.

Baldy View Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2013
I wish teachers taught more and they did not overfill the lower grade classrooms so much and then force parents to teach their children what the teacher does not have "budget" for. Then they label kids as under-performing because they were unable to pay attention....perhaps if classrooms were less than 32 students in 1st grade there would be improvement. I am not happy with the outcome and see why my neighbors do not send their kids here. I am considering home schooling. Not to mention, the office staff is uncaring and rude.

Baldy View Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is good but they need to have more and better programs for students and parents...

Baldy View Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2012
Today I had 2 children start at Baldy View, I am so ashamed to admit that my kids actually attend this school. The school was dirty, The teachers were rude and the new principal has a problem with literally everything. I walked my child to her class and helped her find her desk, The principal was very rude and demanded that parents leave. I was shocked by the disrespect he had tawards parents. If he was rude to us parents, how is he with our children? My kids were told they could not have a drink of water until recess or lunch. In this heat that is completly insane. Through a friend she said her son (kindergrten) had to walk alone to the restroom across the campus just to use the restroom. Thats not my idea of safety. My son told me his teacher said if your shoe is untied you get in trouble, so to tuck them into your shoe so you wont get in touble. Wow teacher too lazy to help a lil one tie a shoe? Let me just say if my kid got in trouble for that I would go to the school board. Also, The kindergarten classes sit and eat lunch in direct sun.. with no shade! This school is by far GHETTO!! I woud not recomend sending your kids to this school. I woudn't even send my dog there.

Baldy View Elementary School 5

Posted January 20, 2012
This school is AWSOME they have great programs and they really CARE for your child!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 12, 2009
This is one of the best schools around, public or private. Many parents get upset with the teachers for holding the students to such high standards, but the truth is this school is fair and not doing grade inflation. There RTI program makes reaching the standards accessible to every student, gifted or special needs. The staff truely care about kids and the principal is so understanding and fair. This school truely teaches kids, unlike other area schools that let the parents do all the work, here the teachers will help your child. Don't pay for a private school or think the northern schools are better because the scores are higher (parents and tutors raise those scores) at Baldy View the teachers teach, and the children actually learn.

Posted March 05, 2008
I have found that the academics at this school for my 1st grader is above what she was receiving at a local private school. I am glad I made the choice to move her.

Posted June 03, 2007
This is an awesome school. The teachers really care about the kids. They are very responsive and my kids love attending school there.

979 West 11th Street, Upland, CA  91786-3765
Last modified Baldy View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.