Foothill Knolls Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2015
I TRANSFERED MY SON HERE GOING INTO SECOND GRADE, AND MY DAUGHTER STARTING KINDERGARTEN! BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! THIS SCHOOL HAS GOT TO HAVE THE WORST BEHAVES CHILDREN IVE EVER ENCOUNTERED! I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH BOTH MY CHILDREN GETTING SOME TYPE OF BULLYING! MY SON HAS HAD A PROBLEM EVERY YEAR HERE AND IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE THE TEACHERS CARE TOO MUCH ABIUT HELPING THE STUDENTS WHO ARE STRUGGLING! I GET THAT MY SON IS A VERY WELL BEHAVED STUDENT AND VERY LOVING AND CARING BUT THATS WHAT I TEACH HIM AT HOME! WHAT IS HE GETTING TOUGHT AT SCHOOL IS THE QUESTION! IM SO GLAD ITS MY SONS LAST YEAR HERE AND MY DAUGHTER WILL BE TRANSFERED TO A NEW SCHOOL IN UPLAND! -wish I could of gave a great review sorry!

Posted April 11, 2015
This is my last year at this school, its been 7 years. And 6 have been horrible. I have an issue with learning, and the teachers just deny it. They don't help me at all. Also it's caused me severe depression. The only good thing about it is that 6th graders get to go to camp. (Which all schools do!) The teachers are not nice at all! and I've been picked on by constant bad grades. All these other kids at other school get to have fun with the G.A.T.E program, this school? Nothing. Other schools get a lot of nice things for the students, but Foothill Knolls doesn't. Now, its all about good behavior and good grades. They don't even help us with issues. The principal does though, shes great and helped me through a lot. But the teachers are just plain harsh. Completely burnt out. My family has had bad time with Foothill knolls for years! And yet it continues. Since when do kids get behavior notices and detention just so they can complete work from what they missed from being absent. Horrible. I'm so glad I can finally leave this school and be happy at Junior High. -A very unhappy student.

Posted November 28, 2014
This school is actually horrible....my son just started 1st grade there and I just had the first parent/teacher conference and my Son's teacher had zero enthusiasm about teaching and was obviously completely burnt out! She barely made eye contact with me during our meeting and not once did she even crack a smile.....just a completely cold and not caring and my son is one of the sweetest, most caring/loving and well behaved little boy.....so disgusted with this school and teacher. ...I'm getting him transferred immediately to Pepper Tree or Magnolia!!

Posted October 17, 2014
My family moved to upland in August of this year & had my daughter start 1st August 25th. We sent our sweet, kind hearted 6 year old daughter to school that morning smiling & ecstatic to be a first grader. Something she had waited anxiously for all summer. Upon pick up we got a crushed little girl. Our daughter who suffers from speech aproxea was bullied beyond belief for her speech and her clothes. She wore a cheetah dress &Jean jacket, brand new something she had picked out for weeks. She remained at Foothill Knolls for three days on the third day we had enough & demanded a transfer. She was bullied those three days for her disability & whatever else the kids could think of. We are talking first graders who were this cruel. She cried herself to sleep Monday and Tuesday. The kids in her new class are understanding and have been taught not to make fun of others regardless is they may speak or act different. My daughter was bullied for her speech something that is beyond her control & no one stepped in to help her. Two months later she is still traumatised & very self conscious. Foothill Knolls should be ashamed of their students & staff for allowing this to happen to a student.

Posted October 15, 2014
Out with the old in with the new, and what an improvement! With a new principal and front office staff I have seen a 180 in overall staff/parent attitude. Also the PTA has really stepped up with fundraising that supports the schools music program, field trips and other events through the year. With 2 kids at this school going into our 4th year I find it hard to understand why anyone would consider transferring.

Posted July 28, 2014
I love this school and my son has attended now for two years. The previous principal I had a few issues with but those were resolved. The current principal I really like and you see her out every day. She is on top of everything at the school. Our son has had great teachers and the other teachers and staff have been very nice. The main office staff was gruff with us at first but that has resolved too. Very wonderful PTA that works hard for the kids. You get a huge variety of incomes and ages in the parents but that is good for the kids to see as they are all working hard for their kids and supportive. The end of year sixth graders always make me cry as they high five out. Very happy here.

Posted May 31, 2012
The problem I am seeing is that we are in tough financial times in most school districts in most cities in CA. If you just watch the news you have to be aware of this. Parent expectation is way to high. Yes we are tax payers but does that give us the right to just dump children off at school and have zero involvement? NO! Blaming the school staff is way out of line. I am very happy with what my child has learned this year and very unhappy with the lack of parent involvement at this school. There are some really awesome parents and families in this school & other schools in the area have tons of parent involvement. The school staff can't change this! It's up to the parents to get involved & have respect for the entire staff.

Posted May 25, 2012
As my child's 1st year of school is coming to an end, I have no complaints. My childs teacher was awesome, I saw my child do things that I wasn't expecting her to do so early on. My child was excited to go to school everyday, and I was excited for them too. My child was always welcomed at F.K and the most important part was that she felt welcomed too. The staff at F.K. is wonderful, they were always helpful and polite. I have NEVER had a bad experience. I have ALWAYS been greeted when I entered into the office, NEVER has anyone been rude. I love F.K. and I'm looking forward to the years to come. I would recommend this school to EVERYONE!!

Foothill Knolls Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2012
Two stars for the teachers, most of whom really do give their all and spend their own money to purchase supplies for students and classrooms. But the professionalism and appropriateness of the office administration leaves much to be desired. The comment below, that "the people that have issues with the principal and front office maybe you need to be a little bit more patient and non judgemental", is a perfect illustration of the struggle many parents have with the front office, and the school's principal. If you have a problem, it's YOUR problem, and they generally demonstrate little to no interest in either accepting responsibility for it or acknowledging it. No business could get away with that kind of behavior, but for some reason because it's a school, it's okay? That's just not acceptable, in my opinion.

Foothill Knolls Elementary School 5

Posted May 14, 2012
I love this school!!!!IAt first this school was not my first pick for my children, but I am so glad they go here. The teachers, principal and front office is great! My daughter has health issues and I totally trust leaving her there, the nurse is great. I think people just need to give this school a chance. For the people that have issues with the principal and front office maybe you need to be a little bit more patient and non judgemental!

Foothill Knolls Elementary School
1245 Veterans Court, Upland, CA  91786
Last modified Foothill Knolls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothill Knolls Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top