Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted September 11, 2015
My daughter attended from k to 6. My son was part of the very first step-up pre school class and we moved away after he finished fourth grade. We experienced two great principals with mostly wonderful staff. Earned CA distinguished school right before switching principals several years ago and though the staff is mostly the same, looks like the demographic is changing....for the worse and the Eagle pride isn't the same. We supported our kids' teachers and classes several days a week, but stayed clear of the pta and their regular drama. Sad how those parents behave worse than the kids they claim to support.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 11, 2015
C. Brown, A Matthews, and D McLeod. You are wonderful people as well as wonderful teachers

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted September 11, 2015
There are those who love to teach...and those who like to teach. Sierra Vista has a number or both. If the city of Upland had more teaches like D. McLeod, A. Matthews, and C. Brown it wouldn't matter what school your kids attend and the world would be a better place!

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted September 11, 2015
Other than Scott C's issues with our daughter, which were properly handled, all went well

Sierra Vista Elementary School 4

Posted July 28, 2014
This is a truly great school and I was very happy both the the preschool when my son went here (he is SDC) and now that my daughter who is typical attends. The staff is very nice, homework is age appropriate, and parents are involved. My daughter had previously been in a small private school so I was very worried about her transition. The staff is very nice in the office too which is a big help as a parent. The only reasons is is not 5 starts is the location makes it hard to get in and out with traffic and often the crosswalk areas are not manned during busy times. We also had a bad experience in the large kindergarten class but all other teachers have been great. I also would love a school calendar with all events earlier in the year. Very good school.

Posted August 20, 2013
My daughter has loved every teacher she has had. The principal has a great reward system for high achievers. I love the sense of community. I will be sad to see Ms. Benson leave. I hope the new principal is just as good if not better.

Posted August 17, 2013
Great school great kindergarten teachers. I have my second one going to this school now and I feel assured that I have chosen the best for her.

Posted July 14, 2013
Sierra Vista is a wonderful school. Mrs Benson the Principal really goes out of her way to make sure that ALL the kids succeed. The teachers are committed and are excellent. I love how Mrs. Benson gets these kids encouraged and motivated with special prizes and she has a great attitude. I have 3 kids and now that my two older girls no longer go to this school they have wonderful memories. My son will be a 6th grader this year and we will miss this school when he leaves..

Posted August 17, 2011
Wonderful staff, caring principal, clean and nice grounds. Looks like test scores are going up every year over the past 5 years or so. Quite an accomplishment.

Sierra Vista Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
My child has had an excellent school year (09-10) and have just good things to say!! I will be sending my younger child to kinder @ this school soon. Although I do wish the school would continue with the all day kinder program. Hope that will come back soon. And to the parent who wrote the bad review don't listen. No matter what public school you go to you will have your bad kids. It's up to us as parents to teach our children to cope with life problems. I do recommend this school.

253 East 14th Street, Upland, CA  91786-3249
Last modified Sierra Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top