Bad
Good

Sycamore Elementary School 2

Posted July 29, 2012
I was excited to send my son to Sycamore last year after hearing wonderful things . I was extremely disappointed by the end of the year. My sons teacher was mean and sarcastic with her 6 year olds most of the time and took it upon herself to diagnose my son with multiple disorders. She alsoinsiuated I should put him on medication. He went from a child who excelled and got achievement awards to one who got in trouble every day. It was an awful year. We haven't decided if he will return next year yet.

Sycamore Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2012
I think it is important that this school gets another review. Mainly because they have went through various staffing changes since 2011. I wish I would have known now what I know now or I would have never sent my daughter to this school. The staff is friendly but the principle and teachers are lacking. If your child needs no special attention, needs no programs and can pretty much teach themselves this is a good school. I would choose another school. I do believe at one time this school was a good school but at this time I cannot give them a good review. Mrs. Phelps is a wonderful teacher there and I heard others are also but the key is the support system if parents need assistance or the child this is not the school. I asked the principle to move my child after it was clear the teacher she had was not compatible and they ignored my concern. The teacher told my child "sit down and figure it out yourself". There are no after school programs (other than the YMCA) or home work programs. I was late picking up my child 3x and was notified in a rude manner. I would not recommend this school to anyone until these things were changed.

Sycamore Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2011
All 3 of my children have attended Sycamore. The PTA involvement is amazing. They have gotten rid of the bad apples in the staff and I am very satisfied with the teachers. THey are helpful, respond quickly to emails and really want to help make you as the parent feel involved in your child's education. Mr. Belko, Mrs. Stansbury, Mrs. Arnold, Mrs. Levi and Mrs. Loftis are wonderful teachers. Barbara (the school nurse) is so warm and welcoming. The school's only drawback is in the principal, Mrs. Vasquez, she isn't as involved or outgoing as Mr. Miller was, but I am hoping in time she will improve!

Posted February 10, 2009
This is my son and daughter's first year attending this school. From the first moment we walked onto campus, we got a warm welcome. We are so excited to be a part of this lovely school. Mr. Miller and the teachers are amazing. Mrs. Franta does a wonderful job with the PTA . It is very organized and there is a lot of parent participation. There is also a fabulous preschool on the school site. We feel really fortunate to be a part of this wonderful school!

Posted October 15, 2008
This is my sons third year at Sycamore. We are truly blessed to be here. The teachers and staff are extremely caring and wonderful. Mr Miller is a very dedicated principal that the kids admire. The campus offers preschool and after school childcare.

Posted October 01, 2008
I love this school, and it's preschool! The PTA has a blog that you can go to, and check out all the wonderful activities that are going on. It's a very 'friendly' school. the blog is: www.sycamorepta91786.blogspot.com

Posted May 17, 2008
My son started going here 2 years ago. It is an excellent school! We are now looking to buy a home and will only live in Upland so my son can continue with this great school.

Posted September 26, 2007
This school is wonderful. My kids went to private school before this and the education is more than we felt we received after dishing out $10,000.00! The teachers are awesome. The principal is amazing. PTA is on the ball. All in all it is one heck of a wonderful school. We are glad to be part of its family.

Sycamore Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2005
Teachers at Sycamore Elementary, are caring and hard working individuals. They truly care about the academic success of our children. The only issue is one facing all of Southern California... After School Care. Schools no longer offer after school care directly (due to insurance reasons), however they do offer on-site afterschool care by the YMCA.

Posted May 07, 2005
Sycamore is a fabulous school! Our daughter is in kindergarten and has learned to read and write this year. Her teacher is wonderful, caring, competent, organized and manages to effectively teach her students. She garners the respect of students, staff, and parents as well. The three Kindergarten teachers work extremely well together to run an enriching, challenging, and fun program. Our daughter is proud to be a Sycamore student and often she will say that 'she loves Sycamore'!

1075 West 13th Street, Upland, CA  91786-2643
Last modified Sycamore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.