Posted March 20, 2014
best school yet. great involvement, great opportunities, excellent learning, wish more were like this. love it here

Posted January 03, 2014
You simply cannot find a better school in the area. My child is a Junior and an AP student, though he performs normally academically. He does very well at Upland and after moving to Rancho and later La Verne, we both decided to turn down both Los Osos, and Bonita to stay at Upland. My other son, at Bonita, is on track to transfer to Upland next semester. Upland runs a professional program with competent administration and overall very good teachers. If you don't think so, take a look or drop by other schools. You don't get the polite hellos and smiles that you do at Upland's offices, you get sneers and whatevers. Their sports program is a wonderful example of how a high school athletics program should be ran. Professional but not overbearing. Academically, the school does very well and gets better every year. There tends to be *A* social gap, but it's not as bad here. The new, current principal runs the school very well. At first, I thought Osos and Bonita were better schools, but after dealing with both, Upland continues to shine above the rest. If you disagree, go ahead and head on over to other schools. They don't offer all that Upland does, and UHS does it better!

Posted March 22, 2012
You get back what you put in. After reading some of these comments, I'm a little dismayed. My daughter is neither Caucasian nor privileged and she had great teachers who encouraged her to reach her full potential. The AP/Honors program is fantastic and I don't see where all these complaints about college prep are coming from. My daughter got into Smith College. Enough said. Upland High School is fantastic.

Posted March 01, 2012
Great school in my opinion. Just for clarification all of the new laptops, smart boards, and building projects, were paid for by state grants, the school did not pay for these out if its own funds. Paper is not included in any grant.

Posted January 10, 2012
This school is great. Their marching band is really good too. What I love about this school is that there is good education for kids, or teens. They have good extracurricular activities, but one thing they could improve on is teach more languages.

Upland High School 2

Posted October 31, 2011
This school is a ship without a rudder. The principal is gutless and clueless. He would rather sweep problems under the rug than make an honest effort to correct them. The faculty is a mixed bag of very competent and very incompetent teachers. The manner in which some teachers treat students and parents is disgraceful. Bullying is encouraged by some teachers. If you are considering a move to Upland, I would suggest you look elsewhere.Rating this school with two stars is being very generous!

Upland High School 1

Posted August 15, 2011
I hate this school. I can't even put it in words. I hate this school so much that I don't even want to give it a star. Some of the teachers there are just incapable. They cannot teach! Then there's that awful green color you see everywhere you look. These people really don't know where to put there money. Their library is inadequate. It literally leaks. And it's so dark and half the computers there are broken. They have also just built themselves an extra gym (god knows why and the year it was in construction, there was this whole budget on paper and tissues! They use all their money on smart boards and laptops, but they have no money to get paper. And the teachers can't even appreciate if they do have paper. It's insane how much they waste. I had some really bad experiences here. The school is just ridiculous to me. It is also very crowded. I am giving them a star because their AP/Honors program is somewhat good, but WASC has sent Upland High a warning. There is too large a gap between the AP/H students and the college prep. Students are mostly snobby, rich Caucasians. I don't like the atmosphere created by Upland High. I am a Junior.

Posted March 12, 2011
UHS is one of the best High Schools in the area. They Have an exceptional AP & honors program, a wide range of after school activities to keep everybody involved, great athletic teams in almost every sport, good counselors, and you clearly can see the administrators involved in every aspect of the school. Just as everywhere else, they have their quote of bad coaches and negligent teachers, however you have easy access to everybody here, teachers, coaches, counselors, and administrators. Stay involved in your kid's activities and they are going to be all right. UHS is a safe and positive place for them to be.

Upland High School 4

Posted May 30, 2010
Adding technology and upgrading our classrooms isn't being done unwisely or to just "look nice". It affords teachers the opportunities to utilize more inclusive and engaging instructional strategies. The modernization is paid for by specific funds that must be utilized for this purpose. We do not "waste" funding on campus. It is specifically targeted for instructional purposes and for student benefit.

Upland High School 4

Posted May 16, 2010
Since I'm only finishing up my freshman year, I can't say very much, but so far the teachers I've gotten this year are not very good (especially math and science) but they have an excellent AP/Honors program. We have an amazing history department and I was lucky to get one of the only good English teachers this year. We don't spend money very wisely however but there's not much we can do about it. Since funds have been cut, a lot of activities and clubs are no longer available which is bad for incoming freshmen, but hopefully when our economy is back on track things will get better.

Upland High School
565 West 11th Street, Upland, CA  91786
Last modified Upland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Upland High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top