Posted May 18, 2014
I have been very happy with this school. My son is in kindergarten and is doing very well. I have been extremely happy with his teacher and am so thankful for her hard work and dedication to her students (especially after having to start a new common core curriculum.) The principle seems wonderful as well although I haven't had too much contact with her outside of PTA meetings and assemblies. My son's teacher appreciates as much parent involvement and volunteers and I appreciate that. We look forward to next year!

Valencia Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2012
I am pulling my child from this school after this year. My child is in a lower grade. This school has very poor teachers, and a so-so- curriculum.The parents here are very snobby, uneducated, and ignorant. Do they think we are in Beverly Hills or what? I would not keep my child here if they paid me. Private school is a much better choice. The children here are also very undisciplined.

Posted August 13, 2011
We have three kids that attend Valencia. All of their teachers to date have been very caring, and committed to helping their students excel. There is significant parent involvement and the PTA helps fill the gaps left by a continually shrinking state budget. We feel that our Principal is very dedicated to making Valencia the absolute best that it can be and always has the childrens best interest at heart.

Valencia Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2011
This school has a "high score" because its student body comes from a wealthy-ish community where the parents supplement their children's learning. The curriculum is not rigorous (way too many worksheets) and there is little to no differentiation (especially for high-achieving students). The principal is unresponsive to parental concerns. I'm not at all satisfied with the education my children receives. I have seen far better INSTRUCTION and more rigorous curriculum in high-needs schools. As for parental involvement: They just want parents who will raise money and not question what it is that they are actually doing with kids. But, there are a lot of these parents....the rah-rah crowd.

Valencia Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2011
This school is definitely high performing and it can be difficult for new students to catch up. There isn't much support for the average student UNLESS he/she has a learning disability. If your child has an IEP this school in incredible. They generously offer all services and have great resource teachers. Regular ed teachers are either great or terrible. There isn't much in between. This year my child had one of the incredible teachers but last year he had the worst teacher I've known (and I'm a teacher myself!). Be careful in this school if your child struggles. Also, do something about it right away if your child is placed with a teacher who is unsuitable. There are some teachers to watch out for!!!

Posted April 13, 2011
I went to Valencia for 6th grade! I was in the special ed class, and the teacher I had was great, but it's too bad she is no longer teaching there. I think the special ed dept in Upland Unified is a lot better than the dept at the previous district I was enrolled in before.

Posted April 27, 2010
Great PTA! All together , the staff is excelent. I am proud to have my children go there!

Valencia Elementary School 3

Posted February 07, 2010
Very average school. Some teachers are very good. Others are average or below. Constantly moving teachers around. Many good teachers retired or were forced out last year. Very disorganized staff. At this school you either keep up or are left behind,. The 30-60 minutes of homework is easily 2-3 hours and the teachers don't care. Don't let the location fool you

Posted December 22, 2009
My son has been attending Valencia Elementary for 2 years now and I am highly pleased with the school's performance. Both teachers he's had, have been great and with the Construction Project (during the summer), it has enhanced my son's learning ability & made the classroom a fun-filled learning environment. Unfortunately, there is all different kinds of negativity at all schools - from the parents to the lack of discipline with the students; however, as an overall - I am very pleased with Valencia Elementary & commend all for continuing to be supportive parents! I am grateful...there are many other schools that are less fortunate than where our children attend.

Valencia Elementary School 0

Posted December 19, 2009
Although my child has done very well here academically, the school is average.The kids are not supervised very well. Only 1-2 duty aides vs 100's of kids on a very large playing field. Some very good teachers and some very poor teachers. The children here lack discipline and morals. The parents are very immature and act like high school kids. I would not recommend this school if you can afford to send your kids to private school. The increase in class sizes is also a negative.

Valencia Elementary School
541 West 22nd Street, Upland, CA  91784
Last modified Valencia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valencia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top