Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Valencia Elementary School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 16, 2015
Some teachers are unqualified, or maybe tired from teaching for so many years. It's unfair to let bad teachers teach our children. On the other hand, the school does have song morals that they stand by and teach to the kids.

Posted May 18, 2014
I have been very happy with this school. My son is in kindergarten and is doing very well. I have been extremely happy with his teacher and am so thankful for her hard work and dedication to her students (especially after having to start a new common core curriculum.) The principle seems wonderful as well although I haven't had too much contact with her outside of PTA meetings and assemblies. My son's teacher appreciates as much parent involvement and volunteers and I appreciate that. We look forward to next year!

Valencia Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
i do agree wit the post that was posted o june 4th.. my son just went through kindergarden and i dont think he was challenged enough< coming into kindergarden he knew alot becuase iam a preschool teacher, so for a couple months he was bored with the work so i talked to the teacher and nothing was done. and too many papers that is what the kids r being taught wioth is the worksheets.. and we had no fundraisers why my guess is yes because it is the rich district and the people have money. i do not have the money for that so i did not give anythng to the school.

Valencia Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2012
I am pulling my child from this school after this year. My child is in a lower grade. This school has very poor teachers, and a so-so- curriculum.The parents here are very snobby, uneducated, and ignorant. Do they think we are in Beverly Hills or what? I would not keep my child here if they paid me. Private school is a much better choice. The children here are also very undisciplined.

Posted August 13, 2011
We have three kids that attend Valencia. All of their teachers to date have been very caring, and committed to helping their students excel. There is significant parent involvement and the PTA helps fill the gaps left by a continually shrinking state budget. We feel that our Principal is very dedicated to making Valencia the absolute best that it can be and always has the childrens best interest at heart.

Valencia Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2011
This school has a "high score" because its student body comes from a wealthy-ish community where the parents supplement their children's learning. The curriculum is not rigorous (way too many worksheets) and there is little to no differentiation (especially for high-achieving students). The principal is unresponsive to parental concerns. I'm not at all satisfied with the education my children receives. I have seen far better INSTRUCTION and more rigorous curriculum in high-needs schools. As for parental involvement: They just want parents who will raise money and not question what it is that they are actually doing with kids. But, there are a lot of these parents....the rah-rah crowd.

Valencia Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2011
This school is definitely high performing and it can be difficult for new students to catch up. There isn't much support for the average student UNLESS he/she has a learning disability. If your child has an IEP this school in incredible. They generously offer all services and have great resource teachers. Regular ed teachers are either great or terrible. There isn't much in between. This year my child had one of the incredible teachers but last year he had the worst teacher I've known (and I'm a teacher myself!). Be careful in this school if your child struggles. Also, do something about it right away if your child is placed with a teacher who is unsuitable. There are some teachers to watch out for!!!

Posted April 13, 2011
I went to Valencia for 6th grade! I was in the special ed class, and the teacher I had was great, but it's too bad she is no longer teaching there. I think the special ed dept in Upland Unified is a lot better than the dept at the previous district I was enrolled in before.

Posted April 27, 2010
Great PTA! All together , the staff is excelent. I am proud to have my children go there!

Valencia Elementary School 3

Posted February 07, 2010
Very average school. Some teachers are very good. Others are average or below. Constantly moving teachers around. Many good teachers retired or were forced out last year. Very disorganized staff. At this school you either keep up or are left behind,. The 30-60 minutes of homework is easily 2-3 hours and the teachers don't care. Don't let the location fool you

Valencia Elementary School
541 West 22nd Street, Upland, CA  91784-8914
Last modified Valencia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valencia Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top