Posted May 10, 2014
My children have had a wonderful experience at St Joseph's School. The teachers are warm and very connected to the students and my older child is performing two grade levels above expectation. Students are invited to contribute to the betterment of the school community in many different ways each year, and it develops their sense of social responsibility and community. My children have strong positive relationships with their peers as well as with children in other classes, because the school encourages this and models it. Faith formation is provided at age-appropriate levels and as well as attending mass, the children participate in food drives, mission drives, and other projects that give them real-life examples of how to live their faith and to be aware of the needs in their own communities. Plenty of outdoor time is provided at St. Joe's, as well as a good PE program, art, and music. We couldn't be happier with the experience that we've had here.

St. Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2014
Super disappointed in this school and staff! Not what I expected from a Catholic school at all. If child has an issue or challenge, teachers/staff are not willing to meet the needs of the child. Or really make any adjustments necessary. Also a concern is the lack of education/credentials some of these teachers have. They do not have to meet the same standards as educators in the public school system and it was very evident in this case. Needless to say my child was pulled from this school and sent to a public school where he/she is thriving.

St. Joseph Elementary School 4

Posted February 22, 2011
I am the parent of the student who posted June 30th. Apparently she was having a bad day that day. The problem she was having is the small school populaton and the lack of student diversity. We came from public school and she was new in the upper grades. Being the new kid in an upper grade, it was much harder to assimilate with kids who have been together always. The teachers however are very supportive in getting the kids to work their interpersonal issues out. With that being said, I would and will take this problem over the kind of garbage that goes on in public school. As the other reviewer mentioned, there are really good and not so good teachers. I will enroll another child in a few years but have heard lots of bad regarding the kinder teacher (though it is just word of mouth) and with this being the first introduction to school, we may hold off until first grade if this teacher remains. We will investigate for ourselves before we make our final decision. But, such is life. There is no perfect system but the private system beats public hands down. St Joseph is a great school and I am so glad it is the one we chose.

Posted July 31, 2010
This is direct response to the student review posted below. I am personally a graduate of St. Joseph. I was educated there for nine years and can say it was one of the greatest experiences in my life. The school pushed me and made high school much easier. The teachers are in no way rude and are very approachable by both parents and students alike. In my nine years attending the school and in my involvement as an alumni, the school has detached its self from the political turmoil in the area and is a well established part of the community. I can assure anyone that is considering this school that the negative reviews are isolated incidents. Even if there are such instances, the administrative staff deals with them with them quickly and throughly. Any negative interaction I dealt with at the school was removed almost immediately, both faculty and students

St. Joseph Elementary School 3

Posted July 09, 2010
If you want your child to be safe this is a great school. If you want your child to have a Catholic Education this is a great school. The staff is a mix of friendly and mean. The teachers are not the best out there but they do PUSH your child in to learning at a fast pace. It is the least expensive private school in the area but by no means the best. Although it has a close community many of the families that attend this school are well to do and there is definitely politics to deal with. So consider all factors when choosing your school.

St. Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted June 30, 2010
As a student of Saint Joesph school I have got to say about once a week I go up to my room and cry, some of the children in this school are just plain rude, and judgemental... most of them. And the teachers are bullies. All the parents may think this is the greatest school but I think they need to take a day in our shoes. They think that because you need to pay a tuiton to these money sucking liberals it would be a good school, but I disagree. Your child may be called rude names such as fat but people dont realize how much that word hurts. And you are not allowed to express your true self with clothing, shoes, or hair. I am dreding having to come back to this school in august... but my parents dont understand,

Posted January 25, 2010

Posted February 26, 2007
I love this school. I have one son that completed kinder through 8th at this school, and is now doing awesome in high school. My other two son's are still attending this school, and I feel are being very well prepared for higher education. They are challenged constantly, and nothing but their best is expected. The catholic environment, and religious education is also a great addition to this school. Children receive a well rounded education that includes not only the core subjects, but also music, art, and foreign language. Discipline is a must at this school, and so is parental involvement. All parents are required to be involved at least 20 hours a year, but most tend to be much more involved. The school has a track team, cross country, basketball, flag football, volleyball. All children make the team, and the coaches are usually very fair.

St. Joseph Elementary School 3

Posted April 10, 2006

St. Joseph Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2004

St. Joseph Elementary School
905 North Campus Avenue, Upland, CA  91786
Last modified St. Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Joseph Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top