K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We have had a wonderful 3 years here at St Joe's, and we look forward to many more. The academics are first rate, the teachers and staff are amazing, and the sense of community is a blessing. We are extremely happy with our decision to transfer to the school!

Supports LD students: Neutral

Being a small school, this is not one of their strong points.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal and vice principal are an extremely effective team.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It’s a Catholic school that promotes Catholic Values.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have been blessed with teachers that share our values, and are effective, yet caring.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is plentiful, but I believe it is beneficial. Homework has demonstrated to my children the value of hard work.

My children have had a wonderful experience at St Joseph's School. The teachers are warm and very connected to the students and my older child is performing two grade levels above expectation. Students are invited to contribute to the betterment of the school community in many different ways each year, and it develops their sense of social responsibility and community. My children have strong positive relationships with their peers as well as with children in other classes, because the school encourages this and models it. Faith formation is provided at age-appropriate levels and as well as attending mass, the children participate in food drives, mission drives, and other projects that give them real-life examples of how to live their faith and to be aware of the needs in their own communities. Plenty of outdoor time is provided at St. Joe's, as well as a good PE program, art, and music. We couldn't be happier with the experience that we've had here.

Super disappointed in this school and staff! Not what I expected from a Catholic school at all. If child has an issue or challenge, teachers/staff are not willing to meet the needs of the child. Or really make any adjustments necessary. Also a concern is the lack of education/credentials some of these teachers have. They do not have to meet the same standards as educators in the public school system and it was very evident in this case. Needless to say my child was pulled from this school and sent to a public school where he/she is thriving.

I am the parent of the student who posted June 30th. Apparently she was having a bad day that day. The problem she was having is the small school populaton and the lack of student diversity. We came from public school and she was new in the upper grades. Being the new kid in an upper grade, it was much harder to assimilate with kids who have been together always. The teachers however are very supportive in getting the kids to work their interpersonal issues out. With that being said, I would and will take this problem over the kind of garbage that goes on in public school. As the other reviewer mentioned, there are really good and not so good teachers. I will enroll another child in a few years but have heard lots of bad regarding the kinder teacher (though it is just word of mouth) and with this being the first introduction to school, we may hold off until first grade if this teacher remains. We will investigate for ourselves before we make our final decision. But, such is life. There is no perfect system but the private system beats public hands down. St Joseph is a great school and I am so glad it is the one we chose.

This is direct response to the student review posted below. I am personally a graduate of St. Joseph. I was educated there for nine years and can say it was one of the greatest experiences in my life. The school pushed me and made high school much easier. The teachers are in no way rude and are very approachable by both parents and students alike. In my nine years attending the school and in my involvement as an alumni, the school has detached its self from the political turmoil in the area and is a well established part of the community. I can assure anyone that is considering this school that the negative reviews are isolated incidents. Even if there are such instances, the administrative staff deals with them with them quickly and throughly. Any negative interaction I dealt with at the school was removed almost immediately, both faculty and students

Last modified St. Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8