No rating

Bethany Lutheran

Private | K-8 | 235 students

Living in Vacaville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $198,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,280.

Posted October 9, 2013

I love this school. I'm a student. It's my third year. I love the teachers and the other students. Most people are really nice, then you have the occasional mean kid. The one thing I don't like about Bethany, however, is the lack of space during chapel. I feel crammed together against the other students.

Posted October 19, 2011

Best school around. Both my kids go there and I couldn't be more pleased. Before Principal Schneider came there were some serious problems with the school but in the last 4 years everything is in tip top shape thanks to Principal Schneider and his wonderful teaching staff.

Posted July 21, 2011

Excellent school! Excellent classes, acedemics, and teachers! The principal greets EVERY child by name as they enter the school EVERY day. What a welcome!! Very loving and nurturing environment. We've been there for 4 years and would not think of moving our child. The principal is open and friendly, and has high standards for his students.

Posted December 21, 2010

Everyone has their own experiences and their own views no matter how much another would like to invalidate those views. You have no right to deem them untrue because it was not YOUR experience. The questions asked are condescending and argumentative and there for will not be addressed. Open your eyes and realize it not all about you.

Posted August 26, 2010

I know first-hand that the comment about Principal Schneider is untrue. I have found that Mr. Schneider always conducts himself in the most professional manner. He is so concerned about our families and their ability to pay tuition that he is currently working to establish a golf tournament to raise money for the school's scholarship fund. I know Principal Schneider has an open door policy and is willing to talk, so my two questions to this person are 1) did you speak to Mr. Schneider about the way you felt? and 2) if you found the tuition to be so outlandish, why put your student (or students) in the school?

Posted August 12, 2010

Once the principal knows you're leaving or or are not paying the outlandish tuition, he will act like you no longer exist..Pretty petty and definitely unprofessional...........

Posted March 24, 2010

My children have been at BLS since preschool. The school, like all the other private schools in town, has had its ups and downs with leadership change; however, it has always prevailed in its educational offerings, caring teachers, parent involvement and happy kids. Both of my sons have always been way above their grade level in reading and math skills and their self-confidence has definitely benefitted from attending BLS. My 8th grader is taking Geometry which isn't even offered in the VUSD middle schools. BLS offers opportunities for students to excel! (and the students do!) - which could be difficult in a large school with political issues... BLS is small and currently is lacking in a sports program - but BLS more than makes up for it with after school enrichment and other offerings such as educational and fun field trips/retreats. The campus is beautiful & growing in many ways.

Posted September 27, 2009

Mydaughter is at Bethany in First Grade. We went to a private Kindergarden at another school. In one month she is reading!!. There is alot of homework, but it is helping her. Spelling tests every week with a Bible verse. i love the uniform - makes picking out clothes simple. The principal is wonderful, he knows all the kids by name and even finds time to play games with them in extended care. Way better than the pubilc schools which dont have chairs for all the 1st grade students... Bethany is wonderful

Posted March 3, 2009

I am a former a graduate of Bethany Lutheran School, and am currently a junior in high school, enrolled in four advanced placement classes, and maintaing a 4.5 Grade Point Average. Demonstrating that academically, Bethany has done marvellously. Moving from a school of 150 students to one with 2,200 was not as suprising as others made it out to be. One thing that Bethany did for me that I will never forget was allowing me to have open discourse with my teachers. Upon entering high school, I joined the Speech and Debate and have since become the team captain as a junior. This is one of the life values that Bethany has provided, which will help me infinitely in the future and has already yielded its rewards academically and socially. Furthermore, the moral principles which Bethany has provided have defenitely kept me from falling in with 'bad crowds.'

Posted February 3, 2009

We have two children at Bethany Lutheran School and have been very happy with the school. My husband and I have post-graduate degrees and have high demands when it comes to education - I can only recommend this school. Our daughters have been at this school since 2002 and we would not even consider another private school in Vacaville.

Posted January 27, 2009

Excellent preschool/extended care! The teachers are amazing and the teacher/child ratio is great! My son loves it!

Posted October 11, 2008

This school is way behind public schools. My child attended preschool here which was great but kindergarten left a lot to be desired. Both teachers were inexperienced and did not push the kids at all. Now my child is at VCS and what a huge difference. Weekly spelling tests and plenty of challenging homework. Not like VCS which was all songs and games. My child even likes going to chapel at VCS because they are more in tune with children. Listening to bible versus at Bethany does nothing to keep the childs interest when they are 5-6 years old. Give me a break! I hear from many parents that kept their kids at Bethany for first grade regret it horribly! Stay away.... If we didn't work so much with our child while at Bethany he would have not even been accepted at Bethany. Waste of money!

Posted November 14, 2007

I am a new parent at Bethany and also love the preschool. The grade school is wonderful as well, and my children are very happy there. I would hope that any parent who has issues with the teacher or the procedures would at the very least contact the principal. Observing him from a distance is really not an effective way of helping your child have a great school experience or to make judgments about another person. As I understand it, Bethany has had some rough spots the last couple of years, but it is on the upswing this year. It really bothers me that people can hide behind posts like this that can really hurt a school, yet have done nothing productive to actually make things better.

Posted September 10, 2007

Our son attended Bethany 3 year old and 4 year old preschool. In 2007 we move to the new school which is ran separately from the preschool. So far we are not satisfied. The kindergarten teachers do not seem to be qualified or are too new to know how to run a kindergarten class. We are now checking into other options due to our lack of confidence. We have observed the new Principal interact and again not impressed with what we have seen. We like the security, uniform, and religious aspects the school offers. The first few days of school the American flag was forgotten in front of the school, however, the American flag in the class room was forgotten by the teacher who did not do the pledge.

Posted August 11, 2007

Bethan Lutheran is a great schoo[l] and the kindergarten teacher Ms Ruiz is an outstanding teacher.

Posted May 16, 2006

This is a wonderful Christian School

Posted January 27, 2005

My son has attended both the 3yo and 4 yo preschool classes at Bethany Lutheran Preschool. We absolutely loved Ms. Margaret in the 3 yo class. She was loving, attentive, and cares deeply for each child in her class. She is a wonderful teacher and an asset to Bethany. The 4 yo class was very good as well. They start the children early in reading and writing. They have a new phonics program which introduces the kids into reading early so they are way ahead in Kdgtn. My son who is 4 1/2 yo can read simple words 'pam, sam, taps, and, bag'. There is a very long waiting list for the preschool so get on asap. I really love this preschool and recommend it to everyone.

Posted July 15, 2004

I would not recommend any parent allow their child to attend this school. They have low standards, and do not challenge the children academically. Their priorities are keeping the children happy with games and playing and fun. As a result, if the child is not home-schooled, the child will be lacking in reading and math skills.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 5%
Two or more races 2%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Kris Schneider
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1011 Ulatis Drive