Vacaville, CA

Bethany Lutheran 4

Posted October 09, 2013
I love this school. I'm a student. It's my third year. I love the teachers and the other students. Most people are really nice, then you have the occasional mean kid. The one thing I don't like about Bethany, however, is the lack of space during chapel. I feel crammed together against the other students.

Posted October 19, 2011
Best school around. Both my kids go there and I couldn't be more pleased. Before Principal Schneider came there were some serious problems with the school but in the last 4 years everything is in tip top shape thanks to Principal Schneider and his wonderful teaching staff.

Posted July 21, 2011
Excellent school! Excellent classes, acedemics, and teachers! The principal greets EVERY child by name as they enter the school EVERY day. What a welcome!! Very loving and nurturing environment. We've been there for 4 years and would not think of moving our child. The principal is open and friendly, and has high standards for his students.

Bethany Lutheran 3

Posted December 21, 2010
Everyone has their own experiences and their own views no matter how much another would like to invalidate those views. You have no right to deem them untrue because it was not YOUR experience. The questions asked are condescending and argumentative and there for will not be addressed. Open your eyes and realize it not all about you.

Posted August 26, 2010
I know first-hand that the comment about Principal Schneider is untrue. I have found that Mr. Schneider always conducts himself in the most professional manner. He is so concerned about our families and their ability to pay tuition that he is currently working to establish a golf tournament to raise money for the school's scholarship fund. I know Principal Schneider has an open door policy and is willing to talk, so my two questions to this person are 1) did you speak to Mr. Schneider about the way you felt? and 2) if you found the tuition to be so outlandish, why put your student (or students) in the school?

Bethany Lutheran 1

Posted August 12, 2010
Once the principal knows you're leaving or or are not paying the outlandish tuition, he will act like you no longer exist..Pretty petty and definitely unprofessional...........

Posted March 24, 2010
My children have been at BLS since preschool. The school, like all the other private schools in town, has had its ups and downs with leadership change; however, it has always prevailed in its educational offerings, caring teachers, parent involvement and happy kids. Both of my sons have always been way above their grade level in reading and math skills and their self-confidence has definitely benefitted from attending BLS. My 8th grader is taking Geometry which isn't even offered in the VUSD middle schools. BLS offers opportunities for students to excel! (and the students do!) - which could be difficult in a large school with political issues... BLS is small and currently is lacking in a sports program - but BLS more than makes up for it with after school enrichment and other offerings such as educational and fun field trips/retreats. The campus is beautiful & growing in many ways.

Posted September 27, 2009
Mydaughter is at Bethany in First Grade. We went to a private Kindergarden at another school. In one month she is reading!!. There is alot of homework, but it is helping her. Spelling tests every week with a Bible verse. i love the uniform - makes picking out clothes simple. The principal is wonderful, he knows all the kids by name and even finds time to play games with them in extended care. Way better than the pubilc schools which dont have chairs for all the 1st grade students... Bethany is wonderful

Posted March 03, 2009
I am a former a graduate of Bethany Lutheran School, and am currently a junior in high school, enrolled in four advanced placement classes, and maintaing a 4.5 Grade Point Average. Demonstrating that academically, Bethany has done marvellously. Moving from a school of 150 students to one with 2,200 was not as suprising as others made it out to be. One thing that Bethany did for me that I will never forget was allowing me to have open discourse with my teachers. Upon entering high school, I joined the Speech and Debate and have since become the team captain as a junior. This is one of the life values that Bethany has provided, which will help me infinitely in the future and has already yielded its rewards academically and socially. Furthermore, the moral principles which Bethany has provided have defenitely kept me from falling in with 'bad crowds.'

Posted February 03, 2009
We have two children at Bethany Lutheran School and have been very happy with the school. My husband and I have post-graduate degrees and have high demands when it comes to education - I can only recommend this school. Our daughters have been at this school since 2002 and we would not even consider another private school in Vacaville.

Bethany Lutheran