K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 06, 2015
This school is amazing! You cannot beat the one-on-one attention that the students get, the student to teacher ratio is excellent. This was our first year at the school and my husband and I could not be happier. Our son is getting exposed to so many areas; technology, art, music, and next year Spanish....and he's only in first grade! The staff truly cares about its students and respects them. In return, the school produces respectful, caring students. They look out for each other, are respectful of their surroundings, and are polite to others.

Posted February 12, 2015
We love Bethany School. My husband and I are not religious people but we wanted to offer our child a christian education and give her the option. We have found that there is a good mix of bible teachings and regular school work. Her teachers are wonderful and always so friendly. All of the other children at Bethany are very kind. The school teaches the children about respect. It is so refreshing to have a young man or young lady hold the door open for you and greet you as you walk past them. The administrative staff is also very friendly. I love that the doors are locked during school hours for safety. They also recycle uniforms that children have grown out of. You can buy these in their used uniform closet for a great price. We are very happy with Bethany Lutheran School, and would definitely recommend this school to our friends.

Bethany Lutheran 4

Posted October 09, 2013
I love this school. I'm a student. It's my third year. I love the teachers and the other students. Most people are really nice, then you have the occasional mean kid. The one thing I don't like about Bethany, however, is the lack of space during chapel. I feel crammed together against the other students.

Posted October 19, 2011
Best school around. Both my kids go there and I couldn't be more pleased. Before Principal Schneider came there were some serious problems with the school but in the last 4 years everything is in tip top shape thanks to Principal Schneider and his wonderful teaching staff.

Posted July 21, 2011
Excellent school! Excellent classes, acedemics, and teachers! The principal greets EVERY child by name as they enter the school EVERY day. What a welcome!! Very loving and nurturing environment. We've been there for 4 years and would not think of moving our child. The principal is open and friendly, and has high standards for his students.

Bethany Lutheran 3

Posted December 21, 2010
Everyone has their own experiences and their own views no matter how much another would like to invalidate those views. You have no right to deem them untrue because it was not YOUR experience. The questions asked are condescending and argumentative and there for will not be addressed. Open your eyes and realize it not all about you.

Posted August 26, 2010
I know first-hand that the comment about Principal Schneider is untrue. I have found that Mr. Schneider always conducts himself in the most professional manner. He is so concerned about our families and their ability to pay tuition that he is currently working to establish a golf tournament to raise money for the school's scholarship fund. I know Principal Schneider has an open door policy and is willing to talk, so my two questions to this person are 1) did you speak to Mr. Schneider about the way you felt? and 2) if you found the tuition to be so outlandish, why put your student (or students) in the school?

Bethany Lutheran 1

Posted August 12, 2010
Once the principal knows you're leaving or or are not paying the outlandish tuition, he will act like you no longer exist..Pretty petty and definitely unprofessional...........

Posted March 24, 2010
My children have been at BLS since preschool. The school, like all the other private schools in town, has had its ups and downs with leadership change; however, it has always prevailed in its educational offerings, caring teachers, parent involvement and happy kids. Both of my sons have always been way above their grade level in reading and math skills and their self-confidence has definitely benefitted from attending BLS. My 8th grader is taking Geometry which isn't even offered in the VUSD middle schools. BLS offers opportunities for students to excel! (and the students do!) - which could be difficult in a large school with political issues... BLS is small and currently is lacking in a sports program - but BLS more than makes up for it with after school enrichment and other offerings such as educational and fun field trips/retreats. The campus is beautiful & growing in many ways.

Posted September 27, 2009
Mydaughter is at Bethany in First Grade. We went to a private Kindergarden at another school. In one month she is reading!!. There is alot of homework, but it is helping her. Spelling tests every week with a Bible verse. i love the uniform - makes picking out clothes simple. The principal is wonderful, he knows all the kids by name and even finds time to play games with them in extended care. Way better than the pubilc schools which dont have chairs for all the 1st grade students... Bethany is wonderful

Bethany Lutheran