Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I was leery because of the past ratings but the school is great. I have to admit I did find the office staff rude at first but they have new office staff and they are wonderful. The school has a family feel and I have good communication with the staff. My kids love it and are doing well.

Love the principal!! She knows every student by name. Cambridge has made some great improvements and the atmosphere is very positive. The teachers are very attentive and care about my child's education!! Cambridge was selected the California Gold Ribbon Award this year!!!

Okay as schools go. Communication could be improved. Would like to see better attention to parent needs and less time socializing between office staff.

Cambridge is a great little elementary school! I don't know what these other people are talking about because I think the teachers are very kind and helpful. My daughter has made lots of friends and is doing great in reading now.

This school has the worst cafeteria food!!! The food does not look appetizing. The office staff are rude to both the students and parents, it's not a pleasant place to visit. My child tells me several teachers are rude too. We are hoping things will be better in middle and high school.

Cambridge is a school where you do not excel. The teachers teach the bear minimum. There are better schools out there. If you want your kid to be successful, cambridge is not the place. Plus, the office ladies are rude.

I would not recommend this school to anybody . My child has been with Cambridge for 3 years She's dyslexic , excited & ready to learn in the classroom every day but is not furthering her education you have some great teachers who are unfortunately "not allowed " to go outside the box of the schools curriculum . The office is very rude & unhelpful , catty they do not call you when a incident happens and your child is evolved no letter nothing just bruises on arms and your child telling you they fell down and sayed the whole day in the nurse office There special education is not helpful several meetings about how you can improve and help your child's learning later and they still feel the need to stick with the same program my child has straight D and F no attendance problem no attitude problem just a reading disorder that no one can help her with at Cambridge because they rather slap some head phones on you put you in the corner what happens to no child left behind we will be leaving this school most defiantly .

My child attended this school the first month of 2013, and by that first month ide had enough to pull them immediatly and move schools. The ladies in the office are rude and unhelpful at best, the pta people are even ruder. The teacher my child had was horrible, my child was bored and began regressing due to the lack of overall academic plan in the classroom. The school has a hard time relaying information, we were sent home flyers about back to school night, so i took time off work to be there due to it being at 5-7 at 4 I get a automated message that due to kindergarteners having had an orientation before the beginning of the year they will not be included or having one. We were informed at the orientation teachers don't have time for parents questions/concerns after school or before so we can feel free to email if nessecary. It was nothing but a nightmare and now that we have our child attending another school on vacaville they are doing above average, wanting to go to school everyday and the teacher takes time to talk to any parents that need be at the end of the day or beginning. The school and teacher gives us constint updates about what's going on and we couldn't be happier.

My son attended the Spanish Immersion Program from Kinder to 1st grade. I wanted to love the program so bad - unfortunately, when his teacher became ill and needed to be out for an extended time they could not find a Spanish-speaking sub (yeah, in California??), they had mulitiple different subs. By the time they did find a long-term sub, the class was miserably behind. They did 8-10 worksheets a day - I don't consider that an enriching environment, many of the teachers dress like bums, I overheard teachers speaking very rudely and sarcastically to students. My son's long-term sub suggested he be tested for ADHD. When I finally did get my son some testing, we found he's gifted in Spatial Reasoning and just has some weakness in auditory processing - NO ADHD.

It's our local neighborhood school and the kids love it. We want to help in any way we can to bring more resources to Cambridge.

Last modified Cambridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.