Vacaville, CA

Cambridge Elementary School 3

Posted September 14, 2014
Okay as schools go. Communication could be improved. Would like to see better attention to parent needs and less time socializing between office staff.

Cambridge Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2014
Cambridge is a great little elementary school! I don't know what these other people are talking about because I think the teachers are very kind and helpful. My daughter has made lots of friends and is doing great in reading now.

Cambridge Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2014
This school has the worst cafeteria food!!! The food does not look appetizing. The office staff are rude to both the students and parents, it's not a pleasant place to visit. My child tells me several teachers are rude too. We are hoping things will be better in middle and high school.

Posted February 24, 2014
Cambridge is a school where you do not excel. The teachers teach the bear minimum. There are better schools out there. If you want your kid to be successful, cambridge is not the place. Plus, the office ladies are rude.

Posted January 16, 2014
I would not recommend this school to anybody . My child has been with Cambridge for 3 years She's dyslexic , excited & ready to learn in the classroom every day but is not furthering her education you have some great teachers who are unfortunately "not allowed " to go outside the box of the schools curriculum . The office is very rude & unhelpful , catty they do not call you when a incident happens and your child is evolved no letter nothing just bruises on arms and your child telling you they fell down and sayed the whole day in the nurse office There special education is not helpful several meetings about how you can improve and help your child's learning later and they still feel the need to stick with the same program my child has straight D and F no attendance problem no attitude problem just a reading disorder that no one can help her with at Cambridge because they rather slap some head phones on you put you in the corner what happens to no child left behind we will be leaving this school most defiantly .

Posted November 05, 2013
My child attended this school the first month of 2013, and by that first month ide had enough to pull them immediatly and move schools. The ladies in the office are rude and unhelpful at best, the pta people are even ruder. The teacher my child had was horrible, my child was bored and began regressing due to the lack of overall academic plan in the classroom. The school has a hard time relaying information, we were sent home flyers about back to school night, so i took time off work to be there due to it being at 5-7 at 4 I get a automated message that due to kindergarteners having had an orientation before the beginning of the year they will not be included or having one. We were informed at the orientation teachers don't have time for parents questions/concerns after school or before so we can feel free to email if nessecary. It was nothing but a nightmare and now that we have our child attending another school on vacaville they are doing above average, wanting to go to school everyday and the teacher takes time to talk to any parents that need be at the end of the day or beginning. The school and teacher gives us constint updates about what's going on and we couldn't be happier.

Cambridge Elementary School 2

Posted March 05, 2013
My son attended the Spanish Immersion Program from Kinder to 1st grade. I wanted to love the program so bad - unfortunately, when his teacher became ill and needed to be out for an extended time they could not find a Spanish-speaking sub (yeah, in California??), they had mulitiple different subs. By the time they did find a long-term sub, the class was miserably behind. They did 8-10 worksheets a day - I don't consider that an enriching environment, many of the teachers dress like bums, I overheard teachers speaking very rudely and sarcastically to students. My son's long-term sub suggested he be tested for ADHD. When I finally did get my son some testing, we found he's gifted in Spatial Reasoning and just has some weakness in auditory processing - NO ADHD.

Cambridge Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
It's our local neighborhood school and the kids love it. We want to help in any way we can to bring more resources to Cambridge.

Cambridge Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Cambridge Staff, Parents and Kids care more about their school than any other we have been to (been to a few in the last few years) The parents work so hard to fill the gaps the staff and teachers cannot fill aand the kids do their part too. Turn out for events is always high and their is much spirit but unfortuneatly not much money and their are too many basic needs that cannot be met. We could really use this money.

Cambridge Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2010
This seems like a good school with a dedicated teaching staff. My daughter's teacher is quick to respond to my messages. However, the principal often doesn't return calls, which is extremely annoying. I am very disappointed and concerned with the school rating.

Cambridge Elementary School
100 Cambridge Drive, Vacaville, CA  95687
Last modified Cambridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cambridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top