Bad
Good

I have two children currently at Alamo and have had nothing but a very positive experience so far. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the teachers my children have had have been nothing but the best. I feel that all the involved adults (parents, teachers, and staff) really care about each child's well being. I know my children are safe and well cared for at Alamo. I feel so grateful that my family gets to be a part of a great school with such a neat atmosphere.

My love for Alamo runs far and wide! Like lots of other people I also attended Alamo school. I had a wonderful Alamo life, to the point where when I had kids I made sure they went to Alamo. I loved all of the teachers and staff back then just as I do now. My first job was at Alamo school during the summer. My kids now have had some of the same teachers that I had.. I love Alamo school.. We are all about Family! If you send your child to Alamo, You won't be disapointed.

I have a long history with Alamo School, having attended myself, K through 6th, and as a parent of three children who attended K through 6th. My husband and I enjoyed our children's cumulative 14 years at Alamo! We found the teachers to be enthusiastic and our children were challenged and happy to go to school each day. Currently, two of our children are successful college students and one is in on the honor roll in middle school. Their academic success was built on their fantastic elementary education in each and every grade and with many different members of the Alamo teaching staff.

I am a grandmother of a student at Alamo School. I myself attended Alamo School when it first opened. Unfortunately i am disappointed in Alamo School. My husband (who was a history teacher prior to being called up to active duty in the Air Force) always said that "some teachers teach for the love of teaching and some teachers teach because it is an absolute power trip." I firmly believe the second grade at Alamo school is not staffed with teachers who teach for the love of teaching. Perhaps Alamo School's reputation needs to be redefined.

Both of my boys were lucky enough to attend Alamo from K-6th grade and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I quickly joined the PTA and was very excited to help with the many events that the children and families were able to enjoy. All of my sons teachers were wonderful. Just stepping on the campus tells you just what kind of school Alamo is and that is geared towards not only learning, but family. After 10 years of having children at Alamo, my youngest child is now moving on to middle school, but we will never forget Alamo and will always be part of the Alamo family.

We have had our child at Alamo since the 1st grade and he is now in the 4th grade. He has had wonderful teachers and is an A student. He loves his teachers, enjoys the school activities and continues to thrive at Alamo. There is lots of parent involvement at this school and it really shows. We live outside of Vacaville and prefer Alamo to any of the other schools offered in either Vacaville or the FSUSD. I met with at least a dozen schools before coming to Alamo. The staff at Alamo was by far the warmest and most inviting and so was the principal. We saw what the school offered and knew this was the school for our child. I can't imagine him in another school. Thank you Alamo.

We bought our house because it was in the Alamo school district, and had heard such wonderful things about the school. After a year of kindergarten, we have transferred to a different school. The teacher we had was not willing to challenge our child, who read far above grade level. She was expected to do the same work as the other children, and was extremely bored at school.

Very nice older school small and friendly

My son was a first grader here who was struggling from kindergarten at a different school....all of his grades increased x3.Great teachers,staff and principle!!!!

My son will be going into fourth grade this coming school year. He has attended Alamo on an inner-district agreement, because I truly believe that Alamo is the best school in Vacaville! From the teachers and school staff to the wonderful parents, I have made long lasting friendships. Alamo has one of the strongest PTA involvements that I have seen in Vacaville. The PTA is constantly giving back to the children, teachers and the community. From the much anticipated Fall Festival, that people from all of over the community as well as surrounding communities attend, to the Valentine balloons that fills the halls with visual love and color. The year ends with a beautiful Spring Soiree which consists of a live/silent auction and dinner. This allows the faculty and parents (not just PTA parents) and evening to unwind and enjoy a wonderful night with their 'Alamo family'.

Last modified Alamo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.