Vacaville, CA

Posted June 01, 2015
We're winding down to the end of the school year. Our experience so far has been very positive. I believe this is one of the nicer elementary schools in town. For the most part, the teachers, parents and students are great. It's a pretty big school compared to some of the other elementary schools in Vacaville. I did have concerns about that. However, everything's been going smoothly for my child. Good job, Browns Valley!

Posted May 31, 2015
This is a great school in a very nice neighborhood. There seems to be good parent involvement at the school. My child has been going here for a few years now. So far, we've had good experiences with the teachers and students. A new charter school opened up this year across town. I know a lot of people assume private schools or charter schools offer a better education. For a minute, I considered the new charter school for my child. However, he's been doing so well at Browns Valley, I decided to keep him here. I don't think private or charter schools are necessarily better than traditional public schools. The quality of a child's education is dependent on things like parent involvement, quality of teachers and school environment. For us, Browns Valley is a good fit for our child.

Browns Valley Elementary School
Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 29, 2015
My son is finishing up his 3rd year at this school. Our experience, so far, has been very good. His kindergarten and first great teachers were awesome with keeping parents up to date with weekly emails or memos. His 2nd teacher didn't keep this same steady stream of communication. However, she was always quick to reply to my emails. She was also approachable if you needed to speak to her in person. This elementary school is pretty large. I believe there are just over 900 students. However, this hasn't been a problem for us. Parents seem to be pretty on-hands and involved with their students and the school. The school is also located in a really nice neighborhood. We're pretty fortunate to have her child attend this school.

Posted October 01, 2014
My daughter just started at Brown's Valley School. Her kindergarden teacher Mrs. Novell is such a wonderful teacher! I am very pleased with this school. My daughter is very happy to go to school every morning. I feel that the parents are very involved in helping there children succeed.

Posted December 12, 2013
This is my son's second year at BV. Overall, I am pleased with the quality of the teachers, other staff and school environment. I read the previous reviews regarding bullying, "queen bees" and kids who are "jerks". The unfortunate truth is, these sort of kids exist at every school not just BV. I'm actually very surprised at the previous reviewer's claims that the administrators/teachers ignored her student's complaints regarding bullying. As mentioned by another reviewer, parents are pretty involved at this school. The teachers and administrators also seem to be very safety oriented too. I'm also confident that any concerns or complaints I would have would be taken seriously. BV really is a wonderful school.

Browns Valley Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2013
My kids have gone to BV for the past 3 years I saw all the reviews on here before they began attending and unfortunately most are true the girls can be mean and have (the ones my daughter has encountered) it was like something out of the book queen bees and wanna bees.My Son has a few friends and says some kids in his words are Jerks..When addressing the problems with my daughter the principle seemed annoyed and didn't really listen to what we thought or attempt to get the parents involved there isn't enough room here for to tell all All but one teacher have been good so far I cant speak for the rest in the school the main problems are spoiled kids ,With parents that think they are angels Parents who act like kids when you approach them to talk about troubles between the kids. its a safe school clean teachers are ok ..the principle is there for the check I think Travis school district I have heard is way better callison and cooper schools

Posted July 18, 2012
This school has a very dedicated and experienced teaching staff. The teachers really care that students learn.

Posted September 16, 2011
After reading the reviews on this site I was very skeptical of sending my child to BVE (Browns Valley Elementary) this year. Fortunately, our experience has been very good so far this year. There is a strong emphasis on math and english in my daughters class that she seems to be very responsive to. She has continued to make friends with all of the friendly students at the school, so bullying has not been an issue, which gives us peace of mind. The school and PTO is very proactive and informative and the parents seem to be the same. The school staff has always been helpful, friendly, and safety oriented. As EXTREMELY active parents, we are not only thrilled to be a part of the BVE family, but are more importantly satisfied with our child's development and bright future s a result. A+ for diversity; A+ for curriculum; A+ for caring and child rearing; A+ for child development and A+ for emphasis on child safety from the crossing guards to the youngest student! Keep up the great work.

Browns Valley Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2011
Bullying is out of control and they get extremely annoyed when my student goes to "adults" to complain. They seem very annoyed by this and the office staff is rude and lazy. You walk in and they don't address you until minutes after your standing there and they roll their eyes and just seem always unhappy and negative. Students get away with way to much here and the victims get terrorized! My sons 5th grade teacher is always rude and not understanding. I want my kids OUT and its a shame since I live right next to this school.

Browns Valley Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2011
My kids attended this school for only a couple months before I switched them to another school. The principal was not interested in hearing the concerns of parents. Overall very disappointed...

Browns Valley Elementary School
333 Wretham Drive, Vacaville, CA  95688
Last modified Browns Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Browns Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top