Vacaville, CA

Posted October 01, 2014
My daughter just started at Brown's Valley School. Her kindergarden teacher Mrs. Novell is such a wonderful teacher! I am very pleased with this school. My daughter is very happy to go to school every morning. I feel that the parents are very involved in helping there children succeed.

Posted December 12, 2013
This is my son's second year at BV. Overall, I am pleased with the quality of the teachers, other staff and school environment. I read the previous reviews regarding bullying, "queen bees" and kids who are "jerks". The unfortunate truth is, these sort of kids exist at every school not just BV. I'm actually very surprised at the previous reviewer's claims that the administrators/teachers ignored her student's complaints regarding bullying. As mentioned by another reviewer, parents are pretty involved at this school. The teachers and administrators also seem to be very safety oriented too. I'm also confident that any concerns or complaints I would have would be taken seriously. BV really is a wonderful school.

Browns Valley Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2013
My kids have gone to BV for the past 3 years I saw all the reviews on here before they began attending and unfortunately most are true the girls can be mean and have (the ones my daughter has encountered) it was like something out of the book queen bees and wanna bees.My Son has a few friends and says some kids in his words are Jerks..When addressing the problems with my daughter the principle seemed annoyed and didn't really listen to what we thought or attempt to get the parents involved there isn't enough room here for to tell all All but one teacher have been good so far I cant speak for the rest in the school the main problems are spoiled kids ,With parents that think they are angels Parents who act like kids when you approach them to talk about troubles between the kids. its a safe school clean teachers are ok ..the principle is there for the check I think Travis school district I have heard is way better callison and cooper schools

Posted July 18, 2012
This school has a very dedicated and experienced teaching staff. The teachers really care that students learn.

Posted September 16, 2011
After reading the reviews on this site I was very skeptical of sending my child to BVE (Browns Valley Elementary) this year. Fortunately, our experience has been very good so far this year. There is a strong emphasis on math and english in my daughters class that she seems to be very responsive to. She has continued to make friends with all of the friendly students at the school, so bullying has not been an issue, which gives us peace of mind. The school and PTO is very proactive and informative and the parents seem to be the same. The school staff has always been helpful, friendly, and safety oriented. As EXTREMELY active parents, we are not only thrilled to be a part of the BVE family, but are more importantly satisfied with our child's development and bright future s a result. A+ for diversity; A+ for curriculum; A+ for caring and child rearing; A+ for child development and A+ for emphasis on child safety from the crossing guards to the youngest student! Keep up the great work.

Browns Valley Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2011
Bullying is out of control and they get extremely annoyed when my student goes to "adults" to complain. They seem very annoyed by this and the office staff is rude and lazy. You walk in and they don't address you until minutes after your standing there and they roll their eyes and just seem always unhappy and negative. Students get away with way to much here and the victims get terrorized! My sons 5th grade teacher is always rude and not understanding. I want my kids OUT and its a shame since I live right next to this school.

Posted March 23, 2011
My kids attended this school for only a couple months before I switched them to another school. The principal was not interested in hearing the concerns of parents. Overall very disappointed...

Posted March 11, 2011
I am very disappointed in Browns Valley School. We are VERY involved parents, who volunteer weekly and have tried to find some sense in the way this school is run. The bullying issue is going unaddressed. It is an almost daily occurence that either one of my children, or one of my friends children are bullied. If you reach out to the principal about it, she acts like it is an over reaction and almost like we need to tell our kids to ignore it. There is only so much of that a kid can do. There are some great teachers at this school, but also many that are WAY past their prime and should retire. The good teachers will admit that their hands are tied. Don't even get me started on the mean girl club they call the PTO. I have never been so disappointed, and wouldn't move here if I had it to do over again. It is a shame, because the neighborhood is really nice and safe.

Posted January 28, 2011
I am super dissatisfied with Browns Valley Elementary. The office staff is very rude. There is a serious bullying problem which is systematic throughout the school and is not being addressed. My son's first grade teacher is fabulous and does a fantastic job with her class. My 5th grader's teacher seems irritated and disinterested and I question the academics and whether he will be prepared for the 6th grade. If I could do it over again, I would not enroll my kids here.

Browns Valley Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2010

Browns Valley Elementary School
333 Wretham Drive, Vacaville, CA  95688
Last modified Browns Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Browns Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top