Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Cooper Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2016
This school use to be great before the principal Mrs. Ahn. She does not care about your kids, only numbers. Literally every morning she waste 5min going over whose class has the best attendance. She doesn't solve the bullying issue there, only brushes it under the rug. My kid was bullied just about everyday, the staff will only say "don't do that" and they sometimes loose their recess. My daughter went here from kindergarten to second grade, when I went to register her for 3rd grade she denied our intradistrict transfer. She told me it was due to the overcrowded 3rd grade and had to remove 2 students (mine being one of them) . She based this decision on missed days, my child had 0 unexcused absences , 8 excused (she had dr notes every time, and we were told not to send her to school when she has a fever). I then told her I'd be moving to the Cooper school area, she then replied "that doesn't give her a spot at this school". Interesting.. Good luck to anyone who's kid goes here, I'm actually glad my kid can't go here.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 26, 2016
My daughters best teachers were in kindergarten and second grade. They kept her motivated. Her 1st grade teacher would test the every morning with math (100 questions in 3 min).

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 26, 2016
It's too much, they are required to do 4 front to back pages of math! Along with reflex math online and it stresses my kid out, she hates school and she's only in 2nd grade.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted April 26, 2016
No. They are constantly bombarded with a billion test and scores, they literally shove it down these kids throats. My daughter would come home crying everyday from all the test and this was 1st grade.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted April 26, 2016
The principal talks down to the kids here, how is that teaching respect? She is not there for the kids, only there to fill a seat.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 26, 2016
There's a huge bullying issue that gets swept under the rug, it's ignored. My daughters suffered from this for an entire year and nothing was done..

Cooper Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2015
Mostly reviewing based on this year. I am not going to lie I am really upset at the principal. She kicked out the boyscouts with no warning. She is actively making it uncomfortable for the cubscouts to still meet at the school. She does't seem to care about youth unless she can profit or benifit from it in some way. It makes me feel unwelcome. The school otherwise is fine. I don't care for on Wednesdays that the kids are spread out onto the public park walking path in the public park right up until the bell rings to go home. It seems unsafe that anyone can walk up. Also isn't the point of recess for kids to get excercise, a break and blow off steam? Why would recess be right when they leave then? I as a parent would want the kids to have that same recess at least 40 minutes earlier. The teachers my son has had at the school have been good. There is one teacher at the school who wasn't my sons teacher who I had a weird run in with, she seemed really emotionally unstable and I don't think she should be teaching there. One student left the school because of the same teacher. Office staff are pleasant. Kids at the school are good kids I don't hear of any fights.

Cooper Elementary School 5

Posted July 04, 2015
I am so sad I moved out of Vacaville. My daughter attended K and 1st grade at Cooper and was so advanced that I had never had to worry about her in school. We moved mid 1st grade and unfortunantly the school we choose, although it had great reviews, is not COOPER. We miss Cooper so much. My daughter still asks to visit and we do. I now have to have her move to another school for 2nd grade cause the current one was so bad. Mrs. Eastman is amazing and Mrs. Powell is and Angel!! Thank you to them for beyond excellent teaching!! Only recommendation I have for Cooper is: Please train or hire a nicer Front Office staff. Going into the office always made me feel like I was inconveniencing them, and really they were just being asked to do their job by assisting me.

Cooper Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2015
This is based on this school year. My children have attended this school since kinder. Teachers are great! The people they have allowed to this supervise this year, not so much. Bullying is not dealt with appropriately. This school has had 3 different principals. First two were great. This used to be a 10 out of 10 school.

Cooper Elementary School 5

Posted July 20, 2014
We transferred from another county mid-year and I noticed a positive change in my child. She is happy here. It is safe a and clean. The adjacent park and playgrounds are lovely. Administration is responsive. Bullying is not tolerated.

750 Christine Drive, Vacaville, CA  95687-4163
Last modified Cooper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.