Fairmont Charter Elementary School 4

Posted January 04, 2014
I have had siblings and later children attend this school since the early 1990's and I have hve seen the school change. I have seen smaller class sizes and now larger ones due to state budget yo-yoing. Each childs needs vary. One of my children did wonderful and has maintained honor roll grades through H.S. . English language learners did not impact his learning. As far as low income there is nothing low income about the area compared to the other side of town. Through the years the demographic changed from predominantly white. If by adding Cultural diversity it makes it low income than that is ignorance. Scores will remain lower due to lack of help for struggling learners.

Fairmont Charter Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2012
Unfortunately, the only good thing about Fairmount is the remodeled facility. And sadly, my daughter's teacher needs to rush out after school to go to a second job and therefore could not accommodate my need for a parent/teacher conference. How sad is that? Also there are 31 kids to one teacher, no Aide. I reached out to the principal regarding the challenges I was facing with my daughter's suddenly failing grades, and that I was considering a transfer. All the principal could say was "I'll have the form waiting for you to sign, good luck!" Needless to say, if this transfer isn't granted... Private school here we come. I will not allow this "area" to be a reason why the teacher and principal aren't stepping up to the plate and making sure EVERY student gets personal attention and parents get reliable communication. We were new to Vacaville, so we did not know what to expect, and I'm sad that this is the outcome of this school I had such high hopes for.

Fairmont Charter Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2011
This school did a tear down/rebuild and it is a georgous new facility. A great new library. Wonderful computer room. Fun new playground. You can't ask for much more facility wise. That said this school has a tough demographic. Largely low income. English as a second language. Allot of latchkey kids. These circumstances come with learning challenges that can be tough to overcome. Teachers and staff are struggling to meet these challenges. I wish them all the best as we have moved on. Good Luck.

Posted May 22, 2011
Terrible teacher. Our case is a little different than most since our son was in the county special needs program, but the trend is the same. Long story short, we had all sorts of issues with teacher and school nurse; and at the end of it, we pulled our son out of the school and sent him elsewhere because we were so disappointed in the teacher and nurse.

Posted May 26, 2010
I am extremely disappointed in this school. The principal is very unpleasant and a terrible listener. When I would call her to talk about my son's teacher she would rather interrupt and defend than listen to me. My son's kindergarten teacher was very grumpy and often mean to the kids. I would go in and volunteer to keep my eye on her. Outside of the classroom she was very nice, but teaching our kids was not what she wanted to be doing and she expressed that at the very beginning of the year. I moved my son to a different school for his first grade year and have taken him out and put him on independent study for the remainder of his kindergarten year due to a major issue with the teacher and principal. I can't speak for the entire school, but this teacher and the principal are awful.

Fairmont Charter Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2009
I have had 3 children at this school. My oldest is now entering Jr. High, as my other two are now in 5th and 6th. I was a little concerned after reviewing the low test scores when my son first entered K. However, all three of my kids have been at the top of their classes all the way through. 2 out of 3 are in GATE. I thank the highly skilled teachers who cared enough to help each and every one of them grow and mature. I also, as a parent, made sure they did their homework. No problems with this school at all. I'm excited to leave such a raving review!

Posted June 05, 2009

Posted October 28, 2008

Fairmont Charter Elementary School 2

Posted October 14, 2008
I'm disappointed in this school now. All the fun activities are being taken away since the new principal came. Also I notice that the younger kids are passed by if they know the work in favor of children who don't speak english or children who haven't had any pre-school. I'm hoping it will get better.

Posted May 15, 2008
I'm very disappointed with Fairmont. Since the new principal came it seems like all the different activites that the kids looked forward to are being taken away. Instead of the school improving it seems to be getting worse. I'm really considering finding a new school for my kids

Fairmont Charter Elementary School
1355 Marshall Road, Vacaville, CA  95687
Last modified Fairmont Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairmont Charter Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.