Vacaville, CA

Posted September 10, 2014
Let me start with the positives: The offer XL, accelerated classes, for those students excelling. The XL classes are often filled up and there is no room for students to add. The principal should encourage kids to get into XL classes and open more sections. Sports are offered but are very unorganized. The campus is mostly clean. The office staff is welcoming and helpful. Now for the negatives: The school climate is filled with slackers and knuckleheads. Students focused on achieving in school are a definite minority. Most teachers are burned out and have just given up. Some of my son's classes had students throwing food at the teacher, who just ignored it. The whole year, my son wrote maybe two papers--not good enough to prepare him for high school. The locker rooms are unsafe--locks are broken into and students PE clothes and items are vandalized. There are no precautions in place to address this. Maybe Drop Cams?? It is very disappointing how Vacaville USD can be OK with the constant decline of their middle schools. Very sad. Once our other two reach middle school we may consider relocating or choose a charter.

Posted April 07, 2014
I have done everything I can on my end, as a parent, to make sure that my student is doing all of his work on time. I make sure he is taught respect and all that too. I am SO disappointed with this school! The teachers give 'due dates' but don't enforce them, so even if the kids turn in work a month late they still get full credit - its very much so an 'eh... if you wanna go ahead, if not, thats ok too' attitude there from the teachers. PLUS my student has gone off campus to the creek located on the other side of the fence before, and no one at the school had any clue until I caught him and reported him to the school. I am outraged at how poorly this school is doing in educating our children both with curriculum and teaching them life lessons! We are supposed to work as a team to help our students, so why is it that every time I do my part and look for support my legs are cut out from under me!

Posted August 26, 2013
First year here for my autistic twin boys--Great Special Ed staff and wonderful counselors! Kelley Birch is a fantastic principal. Transition went smoother than I anticipated! I will be doing my part this year to boost parent involvement in the PTC!! :)

Posted August 14, 2013
Willis Jepson Middle School is one of the best schools I have ever attended. After reading some reviews, I can confirm how much of a bad learning environment the students could make it. There are various fights every once and a while, but the staff quickly and efficiently deals with issues like these. As for learning at the school, it is a breeze. The staff is more than willing to help your child succeed. That is the goal of every single teacher at Jepson. The students vary from culture to culture. It causes many issues between each and every one, but most of the time the students tend to get along. I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 08, 2013
Both of my Grandaughters have attended Willis Jepson and I only have great things to say about the teachers and counseling office. Ms Anita is very helpful and eager to guide you in the right direction. Ms Waldrup and Ms Ayala and Ms Anita are superstars in my eyes. I have found only one area that I have not been happy about and that is the attendance office. I have felt ignored and felt that I was interrupting their conversation about what happened at home yesterday. They saw me when I walked in but chose to not acknowledge so. Hopefully this can be addressed and corrected in the future. Also the policy of writing a note to be excused for Dr. Apt etc. and not having parent sign child out should be changed. The girls said there are not a lot of fights or bullying at the school and if there was any it was taken care of right away. The only thing I do have a complaint about is I personally think there is way to much homework a lot of the time. If 2 or 3 teachers give 30 to 45 minutes of homework then it adds up and they have no relax time and I think they need that break. Jepson is a very good school in all and would not change schools.

Willis Jepson Middle School 1

Posted July 03, 2012
Really bad school, many fights there, many bullies, many peer presure,no attention from the teachers, no control, i never feel safe there

Posted November 13, 2011
I pulled my son out of Willis Jepson Middle School because of persistent bully problems.

Posted November 09, 2011
no fights at all. really good school :) deffitnatly recomend it more then Vaca Pena. Vaca Pena is a really nice school, but NOT good on the inside. bad teachers, bad teaching methods, the principlas/councilars do NOT care about your children.

Posted December 21, 2010
This school is wonderful. The curriculum is spectacular and the staff are super nice and have excellent teaching methods. The social enviroment is really great and little to none fights.

Posted April 21, 2010

Willis Jepson Middle School
580 Elder Street, Vacaville, CA  95688
Last modified Willis Jepson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willis Jepson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top