Bad
Good

Markham Elementary school has an excellent peer immersion program. The teachers are very hands on and try really hard to help students with learning deficits, and are excellent at challenging students who need to be challenged to keep them engaged in academics. This school deserves a much higher ranking

The SPICE Program at Markham Elementary truly is the hidden jewel of Vacaville. Our three children attend the SPICE Program (Spanish/English Dual Immersion). We have been amazed at the passion for teaching and the high expectations placed on students through the years. The teachers and administrators go above and beyond to provide learning experiences, support, and a feeling of community in a fun, respectful atmosphere. Our kids already dread graduating from Markham and having to move on to junior high. They will be Markham Timberwolves for life! Markham PRIDE!

I wanted to give this school a try since it is our assigned school. However, after half a year I am wishing we never sent our daughter there. My daughters 1st grade class has 34 students, 1 teacher & no teachers aid. They are so far behind what my daughter was learning in her last school (overseas DODDS school) that we have found ourselves teaching her at home. The administration at the school is mostly concerned with raising test scores and catering to ESL students. I would not recommend this school to anyone, the only reason I gave them any stars is that there are a few very good teachers there who genuinely seem to care about the kids and about teaching.

We transferred from another dual immersion program. The SPICE (Spanish English Immersion Cultural Education) program is wonderful at Markham. Many involved parents and a diverse student body, we felt more welcomed here than the previous immersion program. Compassionate teachers who demand the best of their students, also make for a great community at Edwin Markham.

This is one of Vacaville's Best Schools! When we moved to Vacaville I lived near both Markham and Browns Valley. I though oh, my children need to go to Browns Valley. Well, BOY that was a mistake, the teacher involvement with the parents is terrible there at Browns valley! I actually heard a teacher talk about parents when they though I didn't hear! How terrible is that! So I changed to Markham and have been so happy to have my children there ever since! My children even say the children are better behaved at Markham!=) The teachers at Markham are woderful! They are very involved and caring and have wonderful teaching procedures! We had a daughter graduate 6th grade there and one in 6th grade now and the teacher our oldest had still asks about our previous 6th grader! I wouldn't recommend any other school!!!

Three of my kids attend the ACE Program at this school. It is hands down the most unique, hands on program in the district. Its Vacavilles crowning acheivment with test scores soaring above most of the traditional schools in town. I wouldnt have my kids in any other school.

My daughter is in 4th grade and my son will attend in the fall. I am impressed with every aspect of my daughters education. I would not choose any other school in Vacaville Unified.

I have one child attending the Spice program at Markham Elementary. I couldn't be happier. My husband refused to put our daughter in that school because of the location. It was between catholic or Spice program. It was the best choice that my husband and I finally agreed to put our daughter in that program. Now she can read and write and have a conversion in spanish. My daughter did not know spanish. My husband knows nothing. He only knows (si)... I tried to teach my daughter spanish but she refused. When she went to he first day of Kinder she loved it. She had the most loving,caring teacher you could ever ask for her name is Mrs. Marin Excellent! I rate it 10+ and my husband and I give it 110% Thats how happy we are. Paula Dubrovich

Last modified Edwin Markham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.