Vacaville, CA
Students enrolled: 2,017

Posted May 08, 2013
Vaca High is an excellent school and truly makes students set for life. They are equipped with fine education and basic skills in order to suceed. I am currently a student at VHS and I absolutely love it and wouldn't ask for a better school!

Posted October 09, 2010
Good teachers and a pretty good environment. When I went there I always enjoyed the library, and I'm sure with some extra money they would make it even better.

Vacaville High School 3

Posted August 12, 2009
Ironically, I also attended Vacaville High as a teen myself. My oldest son attends there, and he's had some really great teachers. Sadly, he's also had some that have written him off due to his 'special needs' that they don't understand. I've been able to work well with a handful of teachers, the ones that actually made the effort to let me know what was going on in the classroom, and to those teachers, I am truly grateful. However, some say 'He shouldn't need you to look over his shoulder for everything. He needs to push himself.' Well, that would be part of his disability! Unfortunately, they never DID grasp that concept. I think that the teachers should be required to use the school loop system. It's invaluable to a parent who is struggling to get their child the best education the public schools can provide.

Posted September 10, 2008
I have both a junior and a senior attending Vaca High. I transferred both of my kids out of the Dixon School District this year. We are so pleased with the teaching quality and leadership at Vaca High. My kids are so happy here. We look forward to a wonderful year ahead.

Posted October 11, 2007
This is a wonderful school. My daughter graduated from Vaca High. Just like any other school, there are good and bad teachers, but I think the administration is very proactive, concerned about improving academics. There is lots of school spirit. There are lots of good things happening if a student chooses to take advantage of those programs. It is a very positive place for students. It is good to be a Vaca High Bulldog.

Posted May 16, 2006
I have been very pleased with the strings instruction my daughter has received at Vacaville High School. They have a strong instrumental music program, and after the retirement of long-time music director Rick Luther, the program seems to be growing nicely, even after his departure. The music program offers a positive haven for all students.

Posted April 30, 2006
Vacaville High has a little bit of everything. Good and bad teachers. The good ones help their students apply for college and encourage them to do their best. They contact parents whenever there are problems or even when excellent things are achieved by the students. The bad teachers hardly challenge the students. Overall, Vacaville High is a competitive school but should look more at the relationship that teachers have with their students and families so that all its students become successful, not just the ones with more advantages. This is true for some classrooms, of course, not all of them, at least I hope.

Posted February 24, 2006
The students here enjoy school,have great school spirit and have helpful teachers. More rigorous academic content and more AP clasees could make it better.

Posted January 24, 2006
The best highschool ever go there now.

Posted March 11, 2005
I believe that this school is a great one. The teachers and staff seem caring for our students aka children. I went to high school there and I hope that my children's children go there!

100 Monte Vista Avenue, Vacaville, CA  95688
Last modified Vacaville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vacaville High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top