No rating

Vacaville Christian Schools

Private | PK-12 | 1000 students

Our school is best know for our iPad technology and integrated curriculum.

Living in Vacaville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $198,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,280.

Posted August 26, 2014

I have 2 kids at VCS. The Christian atmosphere in and of itself is worth the price. The teachers are more than just good at the job, they are clearly loving and genuinely concerned for the children. I firmly believe that any Christian student attending this school will come out a leg up on their public school peers.

Posted August 17, 2014

Interestingly, my positive review from last year is now off this site. Well, after 21 years working here I've seen many changes - and they are good! The school continually works to keep the educational system on the forefront of technology and academics. Character is stressed and Biblical values are taught daily. Nearly all of the graduates attend college and do well. 17 AP course offerings in the high school! With nearly 1,000 students from K- 12 the school provides a safe learning environment with caring staff. Nearing the 40th anniversary, we have children and grandchildren from previous alumni now attending! Mr. J

Posted June 28, 2014

Huge suggestion: do not waste your money on this school. The students who are testing high and getting great grades leave the school (off to college or a public school) and soon realize that they are way behind their peers on an educational level. To the military families and those that are new to the area and don't have time to research, please ask around the community on advice from those who have their children in the public system also. The public schools in the area are doing the right thing, this school is not for so many reasons from the illegal situations which have been covered up to the background of those who they bring in to work the system. It is a complete "for profit" based school. The whole community sees it this way also. The school may appear to be the better choice when compared to the looks of the older schools in the neighborhood but appearance isn't everything. The majority of students that have transferred to public schools in the area or outside the area after attending here for years find that they are struggling to catch up with their fellow public school peers. This is not acceptable.

Posted May 31, 2014

We have been truly blessed by having our children attend VCS. While there have been some changes we did not understand at the time, we have come to understand the underlying reasons and have faith in the faculty. Our children are truly loved and the education far exceeds anything they would receive in the public schools. The Christian values that they not only experience, but are taught, are priceless.

Posted February 22, 2014

Great school, new AP teachers definitely bring the science departments up to standards. The school is a much safer environment than other public school and the teachers definitely care about the students' lives. I have often receive emails from teachers to let me know how my students are doing and the technology they use to inform me of my students' well being let me drop my kids off with ease.

Posted May 30, 2013

The Head of School always has a new "gimmick" (see iPad and "celebrity" AD) to try and draw in new students instead of focusing on making this school welcoming and wonderful again for the students who are already there. Elementary is very good, Middle School has improved but the High School has declined over the last few years with new leadership. In High School the math program is behind, offerings are lacking and the principal is difficult to communicate with. Don't be fooled by the iPad & advanced technology claim. The kids still carry text books and the iPad isn't used constructively. Enrollment numbers for the last few years have seen a steady decline, that should tell you something and the decline couldn't strictly be the economy. Check out the local public HS and meet with its principal before you make any decisions. Decide for yourself. Our children are our #1 asset. The decision shouldn't be made based on a sales pitch but on honest answers.

Posted May 1, 2013

I am a teacher at VCHS and I can say with certainty that VCS is a place of integrity and excellence. Our students are pushed to succeed not only in the classroom, but also as people of good character. We teachers are given oppertunities to go to conferences and conventions to make us better educators, and our small class sizes make it able for us to give our students the attention they need and deserve. I love teaching at VCS, I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Posted April 28, 2013

The High School is great! It's like a family from the staff to the kids to families supporting our events. We support each other and I know I can always get help if I need something. People there really care and we are a family. Been a student here for 8 years. Wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Posted April 28, 2013

VCHS is the best school we have ever encountered! The High School Principal is awesome and in touch with the families and students. The teachers are amazing! Almost 100% of them graduate and go to college! They teach character and leadership development from the earliest ages. We could not be happier! Have 2 teenagers there and have been a VCS family for over 10 years. This school is the best!

Posted March 28, 2013

I have an "insider's view" of the school, having taught there for years (I left by choice when I saw that the ship was sinking), and I sadly have to report that this is among the worst schools in California. The school has no clear mission and no real leadership. The Head of School is whoever he needs to be in the moment. He says what the person in the room needs to hear to avoid confrontation. Sadly, many parents have bought this, but, given their low enrollment numbers, many have also caught on. The school too often gives in to the whims of parents and blindly follows the hot educational buzzword of the moment. There is no real understanding of what children need to learn and no understanding of how hold children to high standards of learning and behavior. The kids there are great. They deserve better.

Posted October 17, 2012

Awesome school..Can't be any happier. My daughter started 6th grade junior high and came from another christian school and thought my daughter will be fine and transition over but found out she needed extra classes during summer to keep up the high academic at Vacaville christian school. Mrs. Ripley is an awesome principle and knows her job and really cares about the kids.

Posted October 9, 2010

Like minded parents and faculty. Christian values. Excellent academics, sports and extra curricular activities. Superior leadership on all levels. Parent participation and student pride in their school! Family atmosphere.

Posted April 23, 2010

I am a parent of a high school junior at VCS and this was her first year to attend. She had previously gone to public schools and made the difficult decision to switch schools because of all of the harm that the school she was attending was doing. I have found VCS to be a great school. The teachers truly care about the students and if students are willing to look for the help, it's there for them. No where in public school did we find that. It was a challenge for her to catch up to the academic level, but she's doing great now and is much more likely to excel in college. Most, but not all who attend share our faith in Christ so we have the freedom to worship as we believe without persecution. VCS is not perfect but they make every effort to do what's right.

Posted March 2, 2010

I have two daughters currently attending vcs. They are doing amazingly well and i couldn't be happier. Both of them are working above grade level according to the national average and i have no doubt that the excellent staff at vcs has a lot to do with it. I have never seen, nor even heard of such a caring bunch of teachers as my girls have had. It shows in the stats as well, nearly 90% of their graduates go on to college. Significantly more than the national average. None of that however, matters a lick compared to what's most important. The phenomenal emphasis put on christ at this school. The excellent biblically centered atmosphere. I couldn't be happy with it. My children are learning to love the lord at their young age, in ways it took me 30 years to discover.

Posted February 5, 2010

My daughter has been attending VCS since preschool (2 yrs old) and now she is in the 4th grade. Every year we've struggled with the decsion to take her out after listening to parents telling us that their kids struggled in public school after leaving VCS. I wonder are those parents really just having financial difficulty and using the excuse that VCS is behind as a reason to pull their kids out? So, far my daughter is doing great at VCS academically and spiritually and she is really developing into a very well rounded individual. For parents who to think that their children will be behind after leaving VCS, is unbeliveable. The kids just have to adjust to a different style of teaching. They are not behind. Overall, I think VCS is a great school and I couldn't see taking our daughter out unless we couldn't afford it any longer.

Posted June 22, 2009

I do not recomend this school. It appears to be a good school. But it is lacking in every department. There are a lot of nice families but that does not make up for the incompatence of the staff and teachers. If you want your children to have a good christian education just keep them going to your local church. I am one of the parents who had to pay for outside tutoring. I am one of those parents who asked for help and did not get it. Save your money and your child. The enviroment at this school is not as safe as they say. Don't be fooled all that gliters is not gold.

Posted May 12, 2009

well i've been going to this school for 4 years now, and it is definatley a great school. the teachers here really care about you, and they actually stive and try their best to give you the best education and grade as possible. unlike public school, at vaca christian, you don't have to be afraid to get bullied around or anything because most of the people have christian character, and are mostly respectful. I would definatley reccomend sending your child to Vacaville Christian High School. i am a current freshman

Posted December 24, 2008

I am in 8th grade. i have been going there since preschool. i like it but they have to many rules

Posted April 8, 2008

The teachers in the high school are committed to their students success and are available to help tutor with no charge. My children (2 have graduated, 1 in high school) have received a top notch education and were well prepared to succeed at the 4 year college level. More importantly, they know who they are in Christ and are prepared to defend their faith and stand up for God! They have been commended by their university professors for a strong work ethic, academic achievement and for their moral character. VCS isn't a perfect school because there is no such thing as a perfect school but it is a great place for students. Of course, students need to be at VCS for the right reasons and will get out of it in proportion to what they put in. (hard work=success and preparation for life) Thanks VCS!

Posted February 26, 2008

I am a high school student at VCS, and have been a student there since I was in early pre-school. This is a great place to be a student in ECE, Elementary, Middle School, and now High School. I have great friends here whose families share the same family values that mine has, who love God and who want us to not only excel in academics, but excel in life and in our walk with God. I play three different high school sports at VCS and have played sports since elementary school there. We have great principals, superb teachers, and an opportunity to be involved in college prep classes like honors and AP coursework. My classmates and I are well prepared for college and many graduates have gone on to big name schools and UC's. This is a fantastic place to go to school and grow up.

Asian or Pacific Islander 8% 11%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Public Schools
Bethany Lutheran
Notre Dame
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 4% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 89% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 2% (2013)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 2% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 3% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation University of Californa
California State Colleges
Private State Colleges
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff American sign language
Chinese (Mandarin)
French
German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Performing arts
  • Visual arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 7:30 am
School end time
  • 3:10 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Paul Harrell
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Science
  • Technology
  • Visual arts
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Anime club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor