758 students|Saugus Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My daughter has been in an SDC Program at NP over the last year in 2nd grade. We have found the Principal (who is leaving) to be excellent and very approachable. The office staff and school is general is wonderful. The facilities are relatively new, the atmoshere is friendly. Her teacher; however, was rigid, evasive, unkind, and actually bullied my daughter when she felt she was absent for reasons other than illness. The teacher, herself, missed probably at least a third if the school year with her own medical or personal issues. The list goes on and on. The Speech Therapist, to be brief, did not follow what was outlined in the IEP. My daughter's anxiety was always heighted by the stress of the Specusl Ed staff who simply could not or would not do their jobs

This school has a SERIOUS mean girl/bulling problem. My daughter was bullied straight out of this school within her first month of attendance. After being made fun of, teased and physically assaulted my daughter was constantly coming home from school in tears. Finally, my husband and I felt that enough was enough, so we pulled her out and enrolled her in the independent study (home-school) program. Luckily I am a stay-at-home mom and had the option to pull her out. But, if this had happened a year ago (when I still had to work) then I don't know what we would have done. It kills me to know that my daughter was being hurt so badly (emotionally). I wish that the faculty and administration at Northpark would realize that some of the practices that they have in place actually PROMOTE BULLING rather than discourage it. I felt so bad for my daughter, and for any other child that has to endure such pain. The Northpark staff needs to get their act together to protect our kids!!!

North Park Elementary is a wonderful school! The Principal and staff are very approachable and their passion for the school is easy to see. Most teachers are nice - there may be some parents who may not like certain teachers, but we have been very happy with all the teachers for our child. The PTA is active and always working hard for the school, despite the severe budget crunch that this and other schools are going through. I wish more funds could be allocated to our Saugus Union schools so that we could go to smaller classes and more programs like foreign language etc. Overall, very happy with our school, despite its limitations due to budget cuts.

This is GREAT SCHOOL in great area . Looking forward to send my kids to this school.

Our school has faced hard economic times and we have large class sizes however our students are still thriving. Our PTA is extremely dedicated, parents are very involved and teachers are terrific. We have a wonderful administration who genuinely care for students. My only complaint is not with the school is with the County which doesn't disburse money equitably and still gives us money based on 1960's population.

Very caring staff and teachers who work hard with very little in the way of financial support from the state. Extremely active PTA that works very hard to fill those financial gaps and provide a better school experience for all students. Excellent parent involvement at this school and always some event to attend!

LOVE this school! Fantastic group of teachers and staff and the parental involvement is off the charts. The PTA is fantastic. I think of all the students as OUR kids and all the school as a family...and I'm not the only one. I really don't think you can get any better than this!

We moved to this school 2 yrs ago from Pico Canyon Elementary. I was worried after coming from such a great school however, have been very happy with the school, teachers, principals and parent involvement. I think we'll stay!

I love this school!!! The teachers are so nice! I'm in 6th grade and will be sadly leaving the school this year ):

Fantastic school with innovative teachers and technology. Serving to keep students fit and healthy with PE and other activities. The plays and performances are top knotch!

Last modified North Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.