Valencia, CA

Tesoro Del Valle Elementary School 4

Posted November 15, 2014
My child attends school here. So far, I am very happy with the school. Even though they have gone through different principals. Overall, my child feels safe. Although I must say, due to higher test scores, it does have high expectations from the students. There's a lot of homework. But mostly, I'm very pleased.

Tesoro Del Valle Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2014
I was very happy with this school when we moved here 5 years ago. The principal was wonderful and really cared about the students. Unfortunately she retired last year and the school has not been the same. The new principal has taken away everything that was a positive. She took away honor roll and she changed the awards ceremony drastically. The teachers used to be able to say something special about the student before the received their award, but now the principal gives them out and it is like an assembly line. She also can't pronounce most of the kid's names. My child didn't even want to go this year for the 1st time. The children now have to sit on the floor instead of on chairs, because she doesn't think they should have to pull out the chairs. Really? They are not animals! Some of the teachers are exceptional and others should not be teaching. Some of the teachers don't seem to even like kids! The kids no longer go to Pali in the 5th grade and the 6th graders don't get to go to Magic Mountain any more. Like I said, All the Positives about the school have been taken away!

Posted March 10, 2014
Excellent School! We are proud to be a part of it! Our favorite part is when they go to Camp PALI for the 5th graders. My son can't wait for his turn.

Posted July 23, 2013
Great school , excellent academics, excellent teachers, friendly staff, I was so happy with all the arts my little one did in first grade.

Tesoro Del Valle Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2012
I have been a Tesoro parent since it's inaugural year. Over the course of time and horrendous budget cuts in California, the school has changed to no fault of it's own. The principal is outstanding. The office staff is warm, hospitable and efficient. The PTA is outstanding. However, class sizes have escalated from the 22 per class it started with to over 30 just in kindergarten; greater in the upper grades. Teachers are displaced from the grades they are accustomed to and enjoy teaching while most of the dynamic, younger teachers have been laid off. There are a few veterans that are absolutely outstanding but the tenured lay offs have also left less enthusiastic and less efficient teachers to teach also. This has greatly impacted the level of education provided at this school and most in the Saugus Union School District. Other local districts seem to have prepared better that SUSD. The impact this has made on the classroom, the teacher and students will be felt for years to come. It's a shame because this was and could be a superb, top-notch campus comparable to any private school.

Posted August 14, 2012
We are so happy with the Tesoro Elementary, I had an excellent experienced with my child attending Kindergarden, the teacher was just outstanding, and the staff cares not only for the children but for the parents. I have nothing bad to say about this School. I love how my little one was constantly challenged in her academics.

Posted April 23, 2012
This is very good school. My son is attening the school and my daughter attended the school from year one of openning. My son attended from pre-K and I have no issues. The school has solid teachers and the principal is well seasoned. After school enrichment classes are great and my children love them.

Posted April 12, 2012
This is a fantastic school in a great community. The Principal and teachers are absolutely wonderful. It's a model school. I cannot imagine anyone not satisfied with this school. Children there are respectful towards their teachers, peers and enthused about learning in the classroom. My daughter attended Tesoro since the beginning and enjoyed every moment there. She is now in Junior High doing very well due the great preparation she got at Tesoro Elementary.

Tesoro Del Valle Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2012
Principals favor children that afre spoiled and rotten, and beleive everything they say. Children are framed all of the time.

Posted September 06, 2011
Tesoro del Valle Elementary is an exceptional school. Our first year was truly better than we could have even imagined. Every single employee (from the custodian to the nurse; front office staff to the teachers) cares about the students. When you enter the school, it feels like you are entering a family where people take the time to learn your name. The school is very academic - students have homework nightly, and parents are expected to be involved in the learning process. This is what sets Tesoro apart - parents are in the classrooms volunteering, helping out in the library, and donating time and money to the very involved PTA. Because of this parental involvement, Tesoro has an excellent library, new computers, a full-time music and physical education teacher (which have been eliminated at many schools), a fabulous art program, and several assemblies and events throughout the year. When we had a concern about bullying, it was dealt with swiftly and professionally by the responsive principal, yard duty staff and teachers. As I said, EVERYONE truly cares about the students and their families, and it shows! We are so grateful for this exceptional school!

Tesoro Del Valle Elementary School
29171 North Bernardo Way, Valencia, CA  91354
Last modified Tesoro Del Valle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tesoro Del Valle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top