Posted May 20, 2014
West Ranch has excellent academic opportunities. I have met many teachers here over the years and every one of them has been positive, enthusiastic and passionate about their subject. It also has programs that are not available in other area high schools as well as a huge selection of clubs. You will also find the parents in this area care about their kids education which makes a big difference. We are very lucky to be part of an outstanding school.

Posted May 19, 2014
Apparently the school took parents comments seriously and replaced rude staff! (That was two years ago). I found them to be very accommodating and helpful and get things done. Counselors do a great job returning calls right away- atleast with us.

West Ranch High School 2

Posted October 11, 2013
I believe school does well on test scores because the community and parents care about the child's education and this school seems to have alot of foreign born kids who bring their hard work ethics to the school and where education is important. I also disagree with previous comments that staff are rude as I experienced polite and nice staff. I did encounter a rude principal outside of school though. He acted like he was the king because he was the principal. I don't think he realized that he doesn't pay us but we pay him his salary and shouldnt act so noble and arrogant. But then when I see him on campus he seems different. He reminds me of a man with two faces. I do know he appears to be politcially conservative and disagree with a lot of his comments he has made in private to some of us parents.

West Ranch High School 4

Posted July 01, 2013
this is a great school however i must agree with the majority of the complaints and say this office staff is horrid, the principals assistant is arrogant as they come. Doesn't even care to look people in the eyes. maybe that why its best to employee people of this country. grow up and realize that you are here to work for our children and to accommodate us as parents. Many of us get the feeling this foreigner in particular thinks she does us a favor

Posted April 15, 2013
Spotless campus! If you have an opportunity to send your child here, do NOT hesitate!

Posted March 22, 2013
Academically, I've been extremely pleased with the level of education my child has received at this school. Excellent school, great teachers. I agree with other reviews that the office staff's attitude could use some improvement. Overall very pleased with West Ranch and consider ourselves fortunate to attend.

Posted February 19, 2013
We have been at this school for 3 years and are thrilled! My child has been thoroughly challenged academically, the principal is a man of character who leads the school with a real emphasis on achievement in every sense of the word and the teachers are effective, available and interested. We are so fortunate to get a private school education at a public school!

Posted December 03, 2012
Very much agree that staff is rude. Had an awful experience with registrar there. They need to replace staff. I hope they change out as this will give the school overall a better reputation as students are hardworking. Most teachers are decent too. I am wondering if I am making a good choice of letting my child go to this school with rude office personnel. I hope it doesnt' trickle down to the culture of the school as a whole.

Posted September 20, 2012
I also agree that the office staff are very rude and a bit on the lazy side. I asked an principal's assitant if she addressed an issues and her response was " i don't go to that side of the campus and that's not my job." I guess if it's not your job you don't have to do it? Go figure. and I noticed a lack of pride on the campus with the principals assistants .The campus is litter with trash.

Posted July 16, 2012
We were also disappointed in this school. The office staff is very rude and that should have been a wake up call to us when we first registered there.

West Ranch High School
26255 West Valencia Boulevard, Valencia, CA  91381
Last modified West Ranch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Ranch High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top