Valencia, CA

West Creek Academy
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 31, 2015
My child is motivated and I rarely run into a situation where he's reluctant to do the work assigned by his teacher.

Posted May 31, 2015
After comparing WCA's curriculum to a nearby private school, WCA's is no more different , if not better, from a school that costs $10k per year. I was impressed with the amount of speeches my Kindergartener had to present throughout the school year. I've lost count but will say it's at least 5 speeches. Although WCA is a public school that has to conform with the new Common Core standards, so far, I have not seen this be an issue to my child. 3 years later? Maybe. But, again, that's part of the public school system. And if it poses to be a problem then, we will consider other alternatives. But, for now, we are extremely satisfied with the quality of education and the nurturing environment West Creek Academy provides.

Posted June 18, 2014
My Daughter she just Graduated from this Amazing School the teacher are great and the Principal and Staff are great too. she will miss the so much.

Posted April 23, 2014
My son is very happy here. 5 star school at WORST. It's just awesome for him. He only wishes they had baseball there!

Posted September 01, 2013
This is a fantastic school with a great principal who gets involved with every student and every thing that happens at the school. The students each know him by name and call out happily to him when they see him. He works hard behind the scenes and gets involved where ever help is needed. The teachers are carefully picked and are the best I've seen in 15 years of working in the education field. The mom's are so involved, caring and constatly challening each other and the school to be better each year. Amazing volunteers, amazing teachers, amazing principal.

Posted September 01, 2013
Excellent. I recommend it to all students. My granddaughter is feeling very comfortable with her teachers and is learning how to read very well

Posted August 12, 2011
Excellent school. Great example of what a great public elementary school can be. The principal and teachers are highly committed and dedicated to academic excellence and honorable character traits. The school was founded on the basis that students need to incorporate the arts, music and foreign languages (in addition to academic excellence) in order to be a well-rounded, global thinking citizen. Students take music classes (application and theory) twice a week, are introduced to conversational foreign language phrases (currently Korean and Chinese) in the morning broadcast, upper grades (4-6) have a choice of excellent electives and for the academically high performing and GATE students, a new program will be implemented to encourage these students to "break the ceiling" and go above and beyond the standard curriculum. Also, an EXCELLENT PTA that works well with the principal and teachers to bring extra-curricular and academic enhancements to the school, along with tons of fun events for the school community. We just finished our first year and I am just amazed how well everything was implemented . No wonder we have a huge wait list. We feel so blessed to be at this school.

West Creek Academy
28767 North West Hills Drive, Valencia, CA  91354
Last modified West Creek Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Creek Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top