Valencia, CA

Posted April 29, 2014
My son is new to this school but already within the first two weeks he has done so many great activities. He is in the SDC program and His teacher is amazing. She handles 13 students in grades 4-6 and each student within these grades in on a differentiated learning level and she handles it with grace and confidence. They have great incentives for the kids when they stay on the right path and they have a school counselor there at the school 5 days a week. Which is great when your child has Emotional Disorders. I am looking forward to seeing my son grow into a great student at this school.

Old Orchard Elementary School 3

Posted November 15, 2013
Moved here a few years ago because school next to house we bought seemed great. The test scores have dropped two years in a row. The number of ESL students has increased, all since they started busing in more kids from outside the neighborhood. I moved out here to get away from this, wish I could afford to move again or put my kids in private school. Now I'm seeing some of the neighborhood parents pulling kids from school and sending them elsewhere making it even more of a problem. If I wanted my kid to go to a worse school I could have bought a cheaper house in a worse neighborhood and paid less property tax.

Posted August 28, 2012
I can not be happier with this school. My daughter started here in Kindergarten and it has been incredible from day 1. The teachers, principal, and all of the staff right down to the lunch ladies and caretakers are so friendly and really care about the kids. I have also been very impressed with the way the classrooms are structured, giving individualized attention to the children no matter what their learning capabilities - I have seen that children who have a harder time learning get the attention they need with proper supports in place, as well as providing enough stimulation for kids who grasp things easily, so they don't get bored. The teachers are a great combination of being friendly and lovable but also firm with high expectations for behaviour. Also, I have been very impressed with how disciplinary situations are handled. Bullying is addressed and dealt with appropriately. Also, consequences fit the "crime", and neither too harsh nor too lenient. Very appropriate. I have yet to have a single complaint about this school. My daughter is thriving and she loves being at school. I'm very happy with the foundation in education that she is receiving!

Posted August 11, 2011
My son has been attending this school since second grade, and my daughter graduated form sixth grade last year. The Principle Mrs. Reveles is a great leader and a nice approchable Principle. The teachers are great and very caring! One of the best school in Santa Clarita.

Old Orchard Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2011
My fourth grade son who is moving on to fifth, had a two teacher class here at Old Orchard. He received a below average final report card and I was wondering if any other parent at OO had a similar experience. Thank you for any constructive opinions.

Posted August 17, 2010
I have two kids attending Old Orchard Elementary, the school is great, wonderfull progams, Principal is really nice she trully cares about the children. The teachers are amazing specially, Mrs.Curtis and Mrs. Wessel.

Posted September 06, 2007
Fabulous School! The Pricipal leads a fantastic group of teachers who are all dedicated to the children. We moved here from out of state and were welcome with open arms. My eldest is dyslexic and the staff has gone above and beyond to address her needs. The academics are first rate but each child is treated with respect and encouraged to reach their full potential as humans. I could not be happier as a parent and the PTSA is amazing!

Posted August 22, 2007
This is a wonderful school nestled in a suburban area. Parental involvement is high affording lots of extra special touches and the principal, Mrs. Gauthier, is kind and sweet and knows all the kids by name! She even gives hugs.

Old Orchard Elementary School 0

Posted June 23, 2007
Old Orchard is an amazing school. We love our principal and staff. Mrs. Gauthier, the principal, is so great. We are very happy! There is a great emphasis on character and citizenship as well as safety, wisdom and academics. A keeper.

Posted October 05, 2006
We have two children, our son graduated from 6th grade last year, and our daughter is in 5th at Old Orchard Elementary. We could not be happier with the experience. Mrs. Gauthier, the principal, is a superb administrator. She will know your child by first name. (It helps that Old Orchard is a smaller school.) She is really warm & involved with the kids but tough when she needs to be. She sets a good tone for the staff. The music and extracurricular activities are 2nd to none. Parental involvement is high esp. compared to other areas. Friends we have who have lived here and all over the country say their experience with Newhall School District is the best they've had. The school was remodeled, with a new MPR, with new library, new computer room, play equipment. This is one nice school located in a pleasant neighborhood and surrounding park.

Old Orchard Elementary School
25141 North Avenida Rondel, Valencia, CA  91355
Last modified Old Orchard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Orchard Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top