682 students|Newhall

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have been coming to this school for 10 years now. My children thrived at Valencia Valley and continue to in Jr. High and High school because of their base education from VV. My youngest is going into 3rd grade and we couldn't be happier with teachers and staff! Teachers will listen to parents and do what they can to meet the needs of a child. This is a fantastic school with great support!

I can't say enough good things about this school. We came from what was considered an excellent school in LA (well off area with great test scores) and I think this school is leaps and bounds a better place to send my child. The teachers are concerned and caring, the front office staff is warm and friendly, and the administration is helpful and accommodating. My son is so much happier here compared to his old school. He also says his peers are very nice and "there aren't any bullies at this school like my old school." I think the only improvement could be maybe an online portal or other way parents could find ways to volunteer (especially us working parents with narrower availability), but that may just be because we are newer here (been here less than a year). Excellent school!!

I have 2 daughters that have been attending this school since kindergarten and now they are in 2nd and 3rd grade. I absolutely love this school. The teachers are fantastic, especially Mrs. Culberhouse, she is firm, but kind. My girls love going to school everyday. And the best part is the wonderful principle, Mr.hintz, he is kind, caring, and available when there are any concerns. I highly recommend this school. Plus they have great music and arts programs.

My younger sister started at this school in 1988. I am pleased to say that this school is as amazing now as it was then! The teachers, speech pathologist, office personnel, cafeteria staff, crossing guards even.... all are so thoughtful and helpful. This is such a far cry from the district we just left. I am thrilled to have my son at this school.

I have been at this school for 8 years now and can't say enough wonderful things about it. We have had amazing teachers and the principal is great, very open to discussion on matters of your child. Great neighborhood and parent involvement is huge at this school. Love it!!!!

Due to budget cuts elementary schools that were closed now we have larger classrooms more students for teachers. Unfortunately due to large classrooms; teachers cannot give one on one time to students that need it. Instead teachers are asked to label a child, as struggling, cannot stay focused, etc. and then asked the parent to have them tested for ADD. I am hearing that this is becoming prevalent among many public schools. Go back to PRIVATE schools if you can.

This school is fantastic!! Everyone you come in contact with, from the crossing guards, to the office staff, to the teachers, and other school staff is friendly, cheerful, helpful and professional. (pretty unusual these days). Our son is very happy here. The staff does a great job not only with academics but with character development! This environment is far superior to the two private schools our child previously attended, and there is definately better supervision at recess, lunch, etc. Our child is very advanced academically, so I just buy extra books and materials that are a grade or two higher from online school supply stores and give him extra assignments to challenge him. Also, the school is willing and able to give "extra" or more advanced work if your child is above grade level. The principal and teachers actually listen to parents and strive to meet the needs of each child. That's pretty amazing for a public school. This place is a gem.

Just moved to area 4 mos ago and my 5yr old son just started 1st grade at this school. Only 2 days into the new school year and my son had been bullied by a group of 5 kids. Needless to say I am very sad & disappointed as to how the situation was handled!

My son is attending Valencia Valley Elementary, the school is great, wonderful programs, and Principal is amazing and cares about the children. The teachers are amazing specially, Mrs. Frandson. I can't wait for my Daughter to start going to this school.

Amazing school! We are so fortunate to have such a great balance of academics, arts, and caring staff. It is a very healthy place for my children. They are well prepared for junior high once they leave. Emphasis is not placed on test scores but they end up always in the top 3 in Santa Clarita Valley. Great families also- focused on the kids and making it a great school.

Last modified Valencia Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.