Valencia, CA
Students enrolled: 1,251

Arroyo Seco Junior High School 2

Posted June 10, 2014
My child had a 504 of which the math teacher thought it best for the student to sit in the back of the class near him. My student failed the semester because they were more interested in all the movement in the class (ADD has that tendency to do that to you). On several occasions we dealt with bullying and the vice principle was so patronizing that I felt he was just saying anything to get us out of his office. The principle has a reputation for drinking and getting arrested for DUI. Great influence for our children. P.E. if your child does not "fill" out the log "correctly" of what they did that day and have a parent signature they "fail" Even if they are extremely great at P.E. Very disappointed.

Arroyo Seco Junior High School 4

Posted June 05, 2014
Arroyo Seco offers curriculum-based courses that challenge any student willing to put in the effort. Biology required the standard lessons and the memorization of 100 Latin prefix and suffixes. My student is now noticing that he can figure out words without the dictionary, if he can recognize the Latin. The teachers are well suited to work with Junior High students and the Principal seems to know everything that happens on campus and is wel versed in the upcoming Common Core requirements. Arroyo Seco offers an array of exploratory, elective courses. My 7th grader had stained glass, beginning drawing, ceramics and wood shop. Each course lasts 10 weeks. Note that ceramics starts with wet clay. Wood shop students work with hand and power tools. Stained glass finds students cutting glass, soldering copper and bringing home beautiful work. Arroyo Seco also offers cooking, dance, show choir, band, one theatrical performance per year, and much more.

Posted January 13, 2014
My school, ASJH, is basically the best school in the Santa Clarita Valley. I used to be a terrible student, all throughout elementary school, until I came to this school. It's an amazing experience, for anyone really. I was nervous to come here at first, thinking I was going to ruin my chances of having a good future because of my bad habits of not doing work, but the teachers shaped me up and actually tried helping me. I now enjoy school, I'm a straight A student and I couldn't be doing better. This school is amazing. The electives are super fun, they're all super different too. There's a wood class, which not a lot of schools have, and there's ceramics, percussion, culinary; etc. They want us to try new things and I am so happy that I had the chance to come to this school. I am now in tenth grade, and I'm more than happy. Arroyo Seco will always have a special place in my heart. The principals are all really cool too, usually principals are weird and creepy but Mr. Miller and Mrs. Durand are amazing. This school is the junior high. I recommend it to any parent who has a child that is going into middle school.

Arroyo Seco Junior High School 3

Posted March 07, 2012
While this school has many very excellent teachers doing their best, they suffer from poor leadership. Students graduating from Arroyo Seco are not high school ready like those at neighboring Rio Norte nor are they inspired to achieve greatness much less mediocrity. Once a CA Distinguished school... not sure what happened at Seco.

Posted October 04, 2009
I love Arroyo Seco Jr High because of the teachers and curriculum. The students are challenged and the teachers make sure they stay on track and absorb as much knowledge as possible.

Posted September 17, 2009
Great staff, nice campus and good kids.

Arroyo Seco Junior High School 4

Posted July 08, 2008
im heading out to Saugus HS next year . as a former student, i feel that this school offers so much to kids that want to succeed in life. teachers and staff alike are very involved with the development of the student body and i'm very glad that i went here .

Posted April 19, 2008

Posted January 16, 2008
Greatest school ever that my child has ever attended.

Posted August 14, 2007
This school ist The best school. I kno im only 13 but i feel that most of the parents agree with me when i say that this school rocks. i love all the teachers that i have come to know. im now heading into the eighth grade there. and look forward to it. but there is one thing i do have to say is that i apologise for not living up to what i could have been, i was lazy and ungratefull. butt what teen isnt in some areas. i know that my brain can expand more and more. i love arroyo seco soooo much, and the one person that made this possible is my 7th grade math teacher, Franka Koeller. it is said that she retired but life happens. so heres to mrs koeller, the best teacher possible! - Brian Meloni

Arroyo Seco Junior High School
27171 North Vista Delgado Drive, Valencia, CA  91354
Last modified Arroyo Seco Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo Seco Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top