Vallejo, CA

Posted October 24, 2013
I appreciate and happy that the administrative, teachers, and most especially to the principal for trully and serious in implementing against bullying. Once again to all of you at Cooper my opportunity to say thank you. Keep up the good work.

Johnston Cooper Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2013
I am an Alma Mater of Cooper, but I went there in the 60's. California's standards and Vallejo California have changed drastically since then, unfortunately. Long live Mr. Changus.

Johnston Cooper Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2013
This is my sons 2nd year at Cooper Elementary School. On his K year he did not have any problem. His teacher was Ms. Bridwell and she is the best teacher a child can have. If I can only have my son stay in her classroom I will but he needed to step up to higher grade and plus Ms, Bridwell was assigned as a 2nd grade teacher. Now that my son is on the 1st grade, he encountered a lot for a 6 year old child. As a young age he already encountered to bully and nothing is being done about it. As a parent, would you like for your child to have a nightmare and wakes up 3x every night. This nightmare had been going on for almost 2 1/2 mos. Have I known it until I volunteer one day and saw the kid that was bullying my child threw a pencil at his face right in front of me. I have spoken to the staff and principal but nothing was done, I don't think I can ignore this. I don't know if I will send my son to the same school where he can not be protected. They have a sign in the school that says stop bullying but I think they are not paying attention to it. Cooper Elementary School don't have action and how to protect this kids from bullies.

Johnston Cooper Elementary School 3

Posted January 25, 2011
My kids have been to this school since kindergarten,(2000) I have to say that the academic level for this elementary school was outstanding, unfortunately this has decrease in the last couple of years..maybe due to the state cuts in education. But I need to say that this school needs more parent involvement and participation. Its been proved that when the parents are involve in their kids education, such as volunteering at the school, the kids are more likely to succeed., and this also help the school community to achieve more goals for the school, with the participation of parents the school voice get louder at the district level to get the needs met for the students , teachers and the school. proud parent.

Johnston Cooper Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My son is now 20 years and was a product of Cooper Elementary. My daughter is 6-year-old and in the 1st Grade at Cooper. It continues to be a great group of teachers that have always pulled together with teamwork. This is so necessary, especially during these times of financial difficulty! Great teamwork!

Posted July 06, 2009

Johnston Cooper Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2009
This is my son's first year with Cooper. He's a kindergarten student in Ms. Grasso's class. So far I'm very pleased w/ Cooper, he's learned alot and is even being challanged in areas he has already mastered at kindergarten level. Most of the teachers are very patient and outgoing with the students. Though he is not yet in the After-school program- I think it an excellent program and they have lots of interaction w/ the children. Proud parent-Mrs. Marshall

Posted August 20, 2007
Our grandson loves this school! Everyone is great here and they address the fact that he is very academically advanced and help him to thrive everyday with an accellerated program. Thanks Cooper School we love you!

Johnston Cooper Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2007
My kids have been to this school since kindergarten & we haven't had any problems. The only thing that the school need is more support with the parents. I have helped my children's teachers throughout their school years and noticed that many children needed their parent's support. The school also needs more support for special needed students (i.e. speech, English as a second language, math, etc.). I believe that the new principal is doing the best she can for her school & is doing a good job. The school district just needs to straighten themselves out so our children can have a better future!

Johnston Cooper Elementary School 3

Posted February 02, 2007
My child has attended this school since the kindergarten. I personal do not care from for school and some of the staff. I love my daughter teacher this year and she has helped a lot. I think this school has a few good apples in the whole bunch. I also believe that more parents should be involved in fixing the schools problems and not just blaming the school.

Johnston Cooper Elementary School
612 Del Mar Street, Vallejo, CA  94589
Last modified Johnston Cooper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnston Cooper Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top