Posted November 06, 2014
I am shocked and appalled by the actions of the front office! My daughter has ADHD and conduct disorder. My daughter at times can be a handful. I address her behavior every time and make sure she is punished accordingly. Let's start from the beginning ; Ms. Clark called me one day because my daughter showed up to school with her hair done. She asked me why her hair was done when she is in trouble? I explained to her that my daughter is black and her hair needs to get done or it will dread up ! I also told her that was extremely inappropriate and disrespectful o even call and ask me such a thing. She said she believes that I am not punishing my daughter, since she has her hair done and new clothes. I asked her , how does she know? How do you not know she needed shoes? How do you not know she had these shoes for a while? You don't ! So far two other incidents has happened. I cannot write it all since I can only write a maximum amount of letters. But the front office called her stupid and has taken my rights as a parent away from me and into their own hands! Im disgusted and I will make sure this school is investigated!

Posted March 19, 2014
My kids love this school they have great teachers (Mrs. Rose, Mrs Maggart) that keep me informed and make learning fun.

Mare Island Health And Fitness Academy 2

Posted February 27, 2014
My sons teacher is great, I love her. But the way the school is controlled is unbelieveable, there is ONE yard duty at lunch who is suppose to watch over the entire school kids from Kindergarden to 8th grade, the kindergardners are being pushed down and bullied, I know because I went at lunch time and spyed on my son being pushed down by an older kid. I am looking into a new school who has some more supervision over my child and a school that will call me when he cuts his eye and gets a huge black eye. They got the stars only because i like his teacher.

Posted October 29, 2013
I have my daughter enrolled as a kindergartener and she really enjoys it. Great teaching staff and principal. A rare gem within the Vallejo school district. Go Mustangs!

Posted September 08, 2013
Mare Island Elementary School can be a great school. It has the teachers and staff to become an amazing school. However, there are major communication problems between staff and parents. There are a few staff members that are horrendously rude, enough to make several parents want to pull their kids out. The hire/fire situation is based on friendship not process. Which makes the system not work correctly. Most of the teachers there are great and when I say great I mean you area lucky to get a teacher like this. However there are a few teachers that tend to yell a lot, to a point that I had to leave because I got a headache after 15 minutes of visiting one if the classes. It's a bit much. If you do discuss issues/problems with the right authority, nothing gets done. I feel like it's one of the last great schools in the Vallejo area, that's not so great. I think it's possible for this school to become great, it's just going to take a lot of big changes.

Posted September 05, 2012
My daughter's kindergarten teacher is excellent. She does such a great job with the kids and main reason I am excited about this school. The principal seems great. However watch out for the office staff. They are always cranky and seem over worked. They also do not seem to really care about the children's environment. I dread having to deal with them and thought I would have less need to do so. Other people from our parent preschool choose not to send their children to this school based on the unwelcoming front office staff during registration. I would like to volunteer at this school but feel their front office staff would be hard to work with and make you feel awful for your time.

Posted May 15, 2012
Mare Island strives to meet the needs of all their students. The teachers are comitted to working with the students and families.

Posted May 07, 2012
This school is an out of hand jungle! Communication between staff and parents is like pulling teeth....

Posted April 20, 2012
i used to mare island it was the best school i ever been to because the staff really care about the students

Posted April 29, 2010

Mare Island Health And Fitness Academy
400 Rickover Street, Vallejo, CA  94592
Last modified Mare Island Health And Fitness Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mare Island Health And Fitness Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top