Vallejo, CA

Franklin Middle School 1

Posted May 02, 2012
First of all I do believe there are some very good but frustrated teachers there at Franklin Middle. They are not getting the backing they need from the administrators. The children in these classes are beyond unruly. My child tried to pay attention in class but with all the commotion in the classes he couldn't think straight.He was constantly being harrassed at this school. Its not a safe school to send your child. I called the bullying hotline on numerous occassions.Students videoed my child being beatup.The Vallejo School District needs to definitely do something to keep our children safe.More security onsite,even volunteers to help watch the students before during and after school would help. After six months of being bulled I finally got the school districts approval to transfer my child to another school, where he is currently thriving. :-)

Posted January 25, 2012
Teachers I have encountered have been more than willing to provide quality education to their students. Many students just aren't willing and this becomes frustrating to teachers. My son has been told that he's one of their best students. Parents need to be more involved in their child's education. Many kids come to school without their mandatory uniforms, without proper materials or even their homework! Get involved and get to know your child's teachers. Get involved and know how your child portrays themselves at school! I see so many kids treating school as if it were a hangout instead of a place to learn! I hear kids swearing, carrying on as if they had no proper upbringing! These are the biggest problems with Franklin. Get involved parents!

Franklin Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2011
I am a student at franklin middle and seeing previous comments i have to say that evrythings has changed. the teachers are better and we have alot of caring hardworking supervisors. everyone encourages us to do better and to focus and get good grades. but as far as the bad things this school has a few. the food is unhealthy and gross. and if you need a problem to be confidential ITS NOT! and i just feel its not that safe. but overall its agood school. its better than any other 1 ive been too. (=

Posted September 13, 2010
i am a student at Franklin middle school. i think this is cool school. All of my teachers are awesome and the kids are nice and the lunch is good. My favorite subject is math.my parents are obsessed with my school work. the principals are awesome. this is the best school ever and i never want to leave.

Posted March 04, 2010
I am currently an eighth grade student at Franklin, and I think it's WONDERFUL. On my first day, so many students guided me to my classes and made sure I was okay. The teachers care. Mrs. Ray is a god send, so is Mrs. Faucett. Everyone makes sure you're okay, and they truly genuinely care. I came to Franklin right after being home schooled from 3-6 grade, then part of 7th. And I wish I had gone there for all of my middle school life, I have made some of my best friends here. If you don't understand something, the teachers will help you outside of class until you understand, they really make you feel like they care(which they do). Vallejo schools are finally starting to straighten out thanks to parents, and complaining. Providing alot for their students, with things such as band, and theatre, dances, and special events,field trips.

Posted August 24, 2009

Posted June 24, 2009
There is a culture change here for the positive. Gate programs, Afterschool and Before school study and tutorial program. Lunchtime discussions between staff and students. Parent s love what they see developing before our own eys. A new approach and age, cannot wait for 2009/10 school year. More parents and community involvement needed..

Posted May 24, 2009
At first I was reluctant about sending my child to Franklin. However, after visiting the other middle schools in Vallejo, I felt that Franklin had an action plan towards improving the school's safety and academic success. This school is not perfect but I have been impressed with the level of expectations the GATE teachers have set for their students.

Posted May 22, 2009
very very good i have a daughter there and she has straight a's im so happy i rate it a 5 stars.

Franklin Middle School 1

Posted April 14, 2009

Franklin Middle School
501 Starr Avenue, Vallejo, CA  94590
Last modified Franklin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top