Highland Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2014
My second grader was beat up by a gang of kids during recess. He tried to tell on duty recess staff, but they were too busy to listen. During the next recess he again attacked by these students. No one at the school seems to be interested in actually doing anything about violence. This is not the first time, but it is the last as I am taking my son out of this school.

Posted November 12, 2013
Not sure yet to early for true review, so far so good, our son is now enrolled in "K" And I have yet been to any public meeting at the school outside of parent teacher meeting which I'll be attending today 11/12/2013.

Highland Elementary School 2

Posted April 18, 2013
My sons teacher is amazing BUT the parent involment SUCKS!! The event I have gone to there are only maybe 30 families that show up out of a school of 800! Are you kidding me, There is no staff at lunch and the safty of the students is not great! I'm looking into other opions for next year but Im not rich and cannot afford private school. This is America so what happpened to our education system. Why is it you eith have to be rich to give your kids the educatio they deserve or you have to fight tooth and nail just to get some education. Land of the free? We are no longer educationaly free, I can't beleave we spend more money on prisons then school. NO ONE ELSE SEES A PROBLEM WITH THIS. Why as parents are we so passive about all this, were is the fight of our forfathers!! No one seems to care anymore about our childrens education. WHY???

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted December 26, 2007
My Son Has Gone To Highland Since Pre School And I Believe The Teacher's Are Doing A Great Job With What They Have To Work With. I Not Think Any School Is Going To Be Perfect Now Days. It's All About Money And Our Kids Have To Deal With Not Having Band Class And Art Class Like When We Were In School. They Don't Even Have Money For Simple Supplies. I Don't Remenber My Parents Having A List To Go By For School Supplies? Do You ? But Highland And There Teacher Try Very Hard To Make It Work And I'm Very Thankful For That.

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2006
My daughter, now entering the fifth grade, has attended Highland since the first grade. The Principal cares very much for the students and goes above and beyond the call of duty in making sure their needs are met. The PTA does have only a couple of active participants, and the parents who are complaining above would do well to get involved. Schools only provide the opportunity for children to learn, and the rest of the work is up to the parents. They need to ensure that homework is being completed and encourage them to read and learn on their own. If the parents aren't doing that then there is little the teachers can do but babysit. Highland provides the tools to make sure that students can and do learn. Our experience has been very positive, and the teachers and administration are to be commended.

Posted April 10, 2006

Posted April 07, 2006

Highland Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2005
I so far am not to happy with this school there is know music class or after school program. The children seem out of control. I think if considering a school in vallejo dont choos this one because of lack of programs and lack of good teachers!

Highland Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2005

Highland Elementary School 5

Posted August 15, 2005
- a former student

Highland Elementary School
1309 Ensign Avenue, Vallejo, CA  94590
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top