Vallejo, CA
Students enrolled: 2,000
After care: No

Vallejo High School 3

Posted January 21, 2015
All these reviews make me laugh do you guys really believe these people like really? Some of them DONT EVEN ATTEND THIS SCHOOL! If you want to know something just ask one of the students like me, I'm doing very well in this school better than I have in any other school, since I've been here. All those things that you HEAR are just things that you HEAR you don't actually SEE what happens during school hours so it's best to shut your mouth until you meet the real Vallejo High...! I mean yeah we have fight... But so does evey other school in the world Yeah we have kids that love shoes & expensive clothes... But you will always find kids like that in every school in the freakin world! Yes Vallejo High has flaws but guess what?... So does every single school in the world We are not all devils but at the same time we are not all saints, nobody in this school is perfect, we all have our flaws but we make it work! As soon as you find that school full of saints & goodygoodies I'll believe that my school is full of stupid little demon children...! Okay? Okay?

Posted December 06, 2014
THE BEST: Small learning communities are taking off and putting more power in the hands of teachers--some of these programs are really amazing! PROS: VHS is in an upswing and is attempting to improve quality of life and education for students through extracurricular activities, electives, Academies, and other support systems. There are many dedicated teachers and staff members who are like family for the students here, and most of the [almost all new] administrators are working hard to create positive change. CONS: Despite all of the efforts, teachers and admin are still under the thumb of a blind district office; and hands are tied by bureaucracy, lack of funding, inadequate recourses, inadequate facilities, and a lack of organization or structure from the top down. Too many new programs and systems fail because, like the students, they are pushed through without enough support. THE WORST: Students are being pushed through classes even when they fail (e.g. promoted to Algebra 2 when they haven't passed Pre-Algebra), and an astounding number of classes are STILL being covered by subs, or NO ONE, a full semester into the year.

Posted September 30, 2014
This school is just terrible. All the kids here are just a bunch of idiots. All they do is praise shoes like if they were Gods. Some our ridiculously out of control. They fight for the stupidest things. Like girls will fight each other over for boy if they're thirsty, be called a bad name,etc. The boys fight for weed and who knows what else they might as well be thirsty too. Theirs really nothing to help this school.The church next to the school probably pray for those little demons here. The teachers are really nice people but its just the students. Do not come to this school. It is not a safe place to go. Every day you send your child their your risking his or hers life everyday when you drop them off their. Again do not come to this school I recommend to move out of this city as fast as possible get section 8 or a loan move out. DO NOT COME ANY NEAR THIS SCHOOL AND CITY. Once you go in you never come out right.

Posted September 28, 2014
This school practices social promotion, promoting students to the next grade up even if they got F's in all their classes. Some kids start high school even though they have not passed a class since the 6th grade. Kids are pushed into Algebra 2, Biology 2 and even French 2 who failed Algebra 1, Biology 1 and French 1. Only about 50% of the 12th grade class has enough credits to graduate so there are many failing students in every class, bored out of their minds, who disrupt the class. Those students should not be in classes they are not prepared for as it does them no good, denies kids who should be there the best education possible and denies the teachers a reasonable chance to teach all their students. It also fools parents into believing their child's education is progressing when their child's education is, in fact, almost non-existent. Their child is "progressing" to the next grade but their child is not learning nor passing. This is a crazy system which benefits nobody. It artificially increases the attendance rate which makes it appear as if there are fewer drop outs. This is great for the administration's statistics but, in reality, it only masks a very bad problem.

Posted September 04, 2014
If you even lucky to have a teacher, I doubt he or she would be able to control the class. I find it sad that this school is so ridiculously stupid. The whole place looks like a prison and I agree with that. Since most of the students are monkeys who can't last a single minute without a fight or argument with a teacher or student. This school is so bad you should just go to smelly MIT. That's real advice don't even bother visiting this school. The school is one of the worst in the Bay Area. I'm glad Vallejo High spawned the Zodiac killer, it makes sense because this school is for bloody twats!

Posted June 05, 2014
Vallejo high school is by far the worst school ever, it looks like the kids are in a prison environment as far as the inside of the school looks, the teacher doesn't care about the actually learning of the kids as long as they get there pay check. I can't blame the teachers for it all though, the kids and how they act shows how they live and are raised at home, they cuse the teachers out and threaten the teacher my son can home and told me that one kid set a fire in the class and the teacher did nothing but set there. Keep your kids away from this school if you value your kids education and possible life......oh and don't try to get in contact with the principle, even if you leave a message he won't return your call I tried several times with no luck so I just took my kid out and left without saying anything to the school. If the rating system had zero for a rating that would be my rating. That school would be better of shut down and stop wasting our tax dollars for literally nothing there is NO educationing taking place there

Posted March 15, 2014
Crafting critical thinking skills takes a backseat to crafting politically progressive opinions. As long as the students know what they're supposed to think, many of the teachers don't care if the students know how to think.

Posted May 22, 2013
I go to Vallejo High, there are few teachers whom are way too good for this job, and yet the school district is letting them go. As a student here, I find it hard to feel safe, yet there are teachers I can confide in, they are leaving; what will I do when they are gone? The teachers are getting bashed because they don't pass all their students; seriously? If you are given a student with a 7th grade reading level, they are now in the 11th grade, and you bring it up to a 9th grade by the end of the year, should you pass them? No, they haven't met the standards for that year. Same goes for students who don't do work, then complain about the teachers failing them. Uhh... If you don't do the work, how do you expect to pass??? Sure, there are some good students, but when I go to school, I don't enjoy being the victim of second hand smoke because the campus supervisors don't do their job correctly. They need to remove those students and keep the good teachers, get rid of the people who really don't improve the school. Oh, don't think about talking to the district, they won't listen. They don't care, they just are there for the money, not improving school and the students education.

Posted March 02, 2011
I attended Vallejo High back in the 80's and it was a mess then...a student was stabbed in the hallway and the student who did it was never disciplined. One of my teachers used to enjoy telling us that she was "only here for a paycheck" The school is old and not maintained. I would never send my children here.

Posted March 16, 2010
The school is a joke. The teachers are too preoccupied with chasing an agenda to actually confer facts. The school district could save itself tons of money by shutting down the school and sending these kids to the library.

Vallejo High School
840 Nebraska Street, Vallejo, CA  94590
Last modified Vallejo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vallejo High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top