Posted September 18, 2014
This schoo l the office staff is so rude not helpful and very judgemental. The vice principal I feel is very uuneducated.i was threaten by a yard supervisor and I was order to stayoff the campus for 7 daysso this means if you're threatened by office staff at wardlaw elementary you will be ordered to stay away from the school campus I have two small children that need to be picked up daily and I can't go on campusin the school district administration doesn't seem to help either

Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2014
My just graduated and went to Wardlaw since she was in Kindergarten. Se came home happy and she was academically challenged. The staff at Wardlaw work really hard to make sure the students learn what is needed to be prepared for middle school. The after school programs are nice as well as the whole school campus. I am very pleased with my daughter's school experience. One of the gems of Vallejo.

Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School 3

Posted October 31, 2013
So the parking situation is terrible.. How do you have 850 students with no where to park! Other parents drive like bats out of hell! Why would you design a school with one way in and one way out! But on the up side I do love my daughters kindergarten teacher this year. Hopefully everthing goes well continuing on.

Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2013
This school is great academically, but to be honest pressure is put upon students there. I was student 1st-5th grade (now in middle school) and the social life there is terrifying and bad. In first grade kids were already using crude language and bullying was evolving with kids. Also, you could never tell a friend OR a best friend a secret without being rumors spread no matter what grade. Lastly in 5th grade I had a hard time focusing on grades due to a lot of 'drama' between me and an old best friend, and because of that I would always try to stay home and I'd never want to go to school the next day.

Posted December 14, 2012
My Kids love this school but the office staff are so rude. When i come in for anything they have this additude like the parents owe them somthing. The office staff are not helpful at all they will make you stand in the lobby for so long just to prove to everyone how busy they are. They need to learn how to talk to parents with common curtiousy. I can't wait to move to Benicia so my children don't have to deal with this school ghetto mentality. Such a bad experence enrolling my children, they made it so hard for our family they were going to send my kids to another school and we live in the school zone. They also let alot of children from bad neighborhoods come here.

Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School 3

Posted September 16, 2012
I can't believe no one has addressed the traffic issues at this school! Wardlaw is located on a street with "no parking" signs lining the entire street. Parents cycle in and out of a small parking lot, and start lining up to pick up kids 30 minutes before school lets out. You have to show up 30 minutes before school starts if you want a parking spot to walk your child to class. Interactions with the front office staff have not been pleasant, unfortunately. Two women in particular treated me very poorly when I came in to register my kindergartener. I wrote a letter to the school addressing what happened, and it went unanswered. Very disappointing.

Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School 5

Posted September 05, 2012
I am the Head Custodian at this school, I pick up Garbage every single morning around the entire site in fact in my 7 years here i have only NOT cleaned the grounds 3 times because of other Issues that needed to be taken care of that i would deem an emergency, I clean the bathrooms after the children go in at 9 and after the morning recesses that end at 11:20, I can not go in and clean again because once lunch starts at 11:30 I am in the Multipurpose room for lunch until the end of my shift. I will put my site up against any other site in this state. I take great pride in my job and my school and my kids. But being at a school of 850 kids im pulled in many different directions everyday, If you are so worried about the bathroom then maybe you should address about the person or person's who are trashing the bathrooms on a daily basis.

Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2012
I would say that this is the best and most organized school in the district. The former negative posters are probably parents who have had students disciplined for negative behavior. If you are a parent, who yearns for structure and better academics, this is the best in Vallejo. As a district employee, this is my favorite site to work with. It's the closet to Benicia that Vallejo has. Teachers instill a sense of respect in the students for adults and other students. They teach students how to be responsible citizens, which sadly, many parents neglect to teach their students in other Vallejo schools.

Posted February 20, 2012
We need sports activities,music,volley ball, soccer etc. We need our school clean such as bathrooms (chips inside toilet,toilet paper all over,wet floors) please ask your janitors to check this frequently. Water fountain with rust and always dirty please we need new ones. We need a clean playground and both entrance of the school clean theres always cups, plastic bags,paper bags etc of garbage this is not good for our student's, our children. Please call the city and let them know that specially the entrance where the dog's park is very dirty it really needs to get clean.

Posted November 16, 2011
This school is horrible when it comes to treating their students right. They might be a great school academically, but for every thing else, they're a disappointment. All they care about are high test scores so that the school gets more money from the state rather the actual student's personal needs and attention. There is also A LOT of bullying here and it's sad to see an innocent child come home with a gloomy not wanting to go back. School is supposed to be a place where a child can feel safe and protected but like I stated before, the teachers and principle don't care. Instead of improving the community, they're making it worse by not stopping this crazy epidemic of bullying. Putting students down telling them they "don't fit in" isn't the way to build a positive learning environment. I also speak on behalf of other parents who I've talked to and shared similar experiences with. It's not fair for us as parents are focused on helping our kids reach their full potential just so the "so-called teachers" can discourage them. The adults themselves become bullies. No adult there takes responsibility for the care of our children. This school needs some strong improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School
1698 Oakwood Avenue, Vallejo, CA  94591
Last modified Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top