No rating

St Vincent Ferrer School

Private | PK-8

Living in Vallejo

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $96,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,050.

Posted November 15, 2012

St. Vincent Ferrer School in Vallejo is an excellent school! The Teachers, staff and Principal are kind, competent, compassionate and caring. The Math curriculum is great. They won first place at the Justin Siena Math Competition two years in a row (2011 and 2012). The tuition is reasonalble. Students and parents are wonderful. Lots of volunteer opportunities and Community activities.

Posted September 6, 2012

Kindergarten teacher disrespectful, arrogant, rude, pretentious, and abnoxious, very unprofessional, loves to chat with parents about nonsense, whines more than her pupils does, and she does not care if you have real serious concern about your child. My child's behavior changed from positive to negative just the first week of kindergarten. Everytime I try to speak to the teacher regarding my child's behavior, she conveniently blames it on my parenting, makes false assumptions. Then she turns away rudely without finishing the conversation. My child noticed the same about her. She said that her teacher does not listen when she tries to talk to her about something. Obviously she doesn't care about the children's well being. They frequently change principals, they have a new one this year so I cannot rate on leadership. I don't think she can do anything with this kindergarten teacher because she's been teaching there for quite some time. Maybe she's the person who drove the previous principals away? I dont't know, but think twice..do not make same mistake as I did for your kid's sake. Kindergarten should be a positive and rewarding experience for your child.

Posted September 4, 2009

As a parent, we always want whats best for our children. Sending my son to St Vincents was a no brainer given the state of vallejo's public school system. To say this school is impressive, does not do it justice. The staff is caring and attentive, the courses material is great, the parents are excellent. Volunteering at first was bogus to me, but now I love it. I get to meet other parents and the kids that my son interacts with. Bottomline this school is an excellent choice for any parent to choose.

Posted August 19, 2009

I this school it is the best you could ever want for your children. turst me i thanked my parents @ graduation for sending me to this school!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 3, 2009

With no reservations, I recommend St. Vincent Ferrer Preschool. The directors greet you in the morning. They have a sound curriculum. My daughter's phonemic awareness is emerging. They also have school spirit and fun activities. This preschool is also open during the summer. As a 'helicopter' mom, I love St. Vincent Ferrer Preschool in Vallejo.

Posted January 21, 2009

Some of the most caring teachers you ever want to meet,I am proud that my daughter attends this school.The parents are a team.

Posted June 6, 2008

Mostly caring teacher and falculty but when I went there which was only a couple years ago, they had a horrible math curriculam. I heard now it's better thought.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 21, 2008

A wonderful school! The most caring teachers, coupled with the best staff and principal, make an outstanding learning environment.

Posted January 24, 2007

SV's preschool is the best I know. Teachers are caring and my child had nothing but the best quality education and learning there.

Posted September 27, 2006

The principal has created hostility between the faculty and the parents and has imposed unreasonable rules in the school.

Posted June 8, 2006

Nice school. Academics are sound. Faculty and staff are generally caring and patient. Tuition is reasonable but after-school care & mandatory scrip contributions make the overall cost quite expensive.

Posted April 11, 2006

I highly recommend St. Vincent Ferrer's PreSchool/Daycare to parents who want their children to be prepared for Kindergarten and be introduced to Catholic education. All the teachers have been there for at least 6 years. They are also less expensive than other established pre-schools around.

Posted February 5, 2006

St. Vincent's Pre-school/Daycare is the best pre-school in Vallejo. The teachers' tenure reflect their dedication to the development of the children.

Posted March 10, 2004

The school is one of the best private school in Vallejo. Facilities are #1 compare to other smaller school. The only thing that I notice the past few years is that I like the former principal. She is more approachable. Students and parents like her and the kids gets more support from her in everything.

Posted September 9, 2003

My grandchild has attended this school for the past 8 yrs. and went to preschool at St. Vincent's as well the school is wonderful but parent particpation is almost nill. Parent's need to put in more time instead of just forty or twenty hours a year some of our programs demand alot more time then that. Parents get involved with your childs school, look around and see where you are needed.

Asian or Pacific Islander 58% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Sacramento

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

420 Florida Street