Vallejo, CA

Posted January 28, 2015
Community, tradition, faith, high educational standards....words that describe both the lay and religious staff, the parents and the church community which have created a nurturing environment for the students. As a Saints alum myself, who have watched several nieces and nephews graduate from this school, I am excited to have my child also experience the same opportunities to create long lasting friendships and treasured memories. In fact, there is a strong alumni presence at this school, with many children who have either one or both parents which attended the school themselves. The staff consists of some long term teachers, including my 2nd Grade and 8th Grade teachers! One morning while speaking with my former 2nd Grade teacher, I was amazed at the fact she greeted each and every student as they walked onto campus by NAME and proceeded to give them a hug! This is the community that I want my child to be surrounded with and I have faith the school will reinforce the same core beliefs and values that I instill in my child.
2 people found this helpful

St Vincent Ferrer School 2

Posted January 27, 2015
So far this being my sons first year in and around a catholic school was a great deal and idea, until today. His teacher told him he couldn't have this certain haircut (which is nicely groomed). Now, it's not written how or what kind of hair cuts, or styles a boy can have or not. As long as it's groomed nice and neat. I take this as being prejudice or discriminating against an ethnicity. Either way it's wrong and very uncomfortable.

St Vincent Ferrer School 1

Posted December 03, 2014
This school has been seriously downgraded. Let the facts speak for itself: high turnovers among students, teachers, and principals . At least 30 students left in the last school year, nearly half of the long time staff left, and new principals at least every 2 years. The new appointed principal was promoted from being a 4th grade teacher with no leadership skills and no experience to lead a crumbling private school. The long term teachers were not respected and were demoralized so they resigned. Nepotism among the school staff exist. Teachers are stressed and harassed and it is unfortunately passed on to students. The students have many behavioral issues because teachers are too stressed to deal with their workload. This is a poor choice for a private school and I cannot recommend this school for any child.

Posted November 15, 2012
St. Vincent Ferrer School in Vallejo is an excellent school! The Teachers, staff and Principal are kind, competent, compassionate and caring. The Math curriculum is great. They won first place at the Justin Siena Math Competition two years in a row (2011 and 2012). The tuition is reasonalble. Students and parents are wonderful. Lots of volunteer opportunities and Community activities.

St Vincent Ferrer School 2

Posted September 06, 2012
Kindergarten teacher disrespectful, arrogant, rude, pretentious, and abnoxious, very unprofessional, loves to chat with parents about nonsense, whines more than her pupils does, and she does not care if you have real serious concern about your child. My child's behavior changed from positive to negative just the first week of kindergarten. Everytime I try to speak to the teacher regarding my child's behavior, she conveniently blames it on my parenting, makes false assumptions. Then she turns away rudely without finishing the conversation. My child noticed the same about her. She said that her teacher does not listen when she tries to talk to her about something. Obviously she doesn't care about the children's well being. They frequently change principals, they have a new one this year so I cannot rate on leadership. I don't think she can do anything with this kindergarten teacher because she's been teaching there for quite some time. Maybe she's the person who drove the previous principals away? I dont't know, but think twice..do not make same mistake as I did for your kid's sake. Kindergarten should be a positive and rewarding experience for your child.

Posted September 04, 2009
As a parent, we always want whats best for our children. Sending my son to St Vincents was a no brainer given the state of vallejo's public school system. To say this school is impressive, does not do it justice. The staff is caring and attentive, the courses material is great, the parents are excellent. Volunteering at first was bogus to me, but now I love it. I get to meet other parents and the kids that my son interacts with. Bottomline this school is an excellent choice for any parent to choose.

Posted August 19, 2009
I this school it is the best you could ever want for your children. turst me i thanked my parents @ graduation for sending me to this school!!

St Vincent Ferrer School 4

Posted August 08, 2009

St Vincent Ferrer School 3

Posted May 28, 2009

St Vincent Ferrer School 0

Posted March 03, 2009
With no reservations, I recommend St. Vincent Ferrer Preschool. The directors greet you in the morning. They have a sound curriculum. My daughter's phonemic awareness is emerging. They also have school spirit and fun activities. This preschool is also open during the summer. As a 'helicopter' mom, I love St. Vincent Ferrer Preschool in Vallejo.

St Vincent Ferrer School
420 Florida Street, Vallejo, CA  94590
Last modified St Vincent Ferrer School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Vincent Ferrer School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top