Vallejo, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted July 18, 2014
The 2014-2015 school year will be my family's 9th year at North Hills. My oldest graduated from NHCS in 2012 and has gone on to a successful career with the US Army as a linguist. My daughter will be entering the 11th grade and I am excited for the opportunities in store. NHCS offers AP courses along with several University and College tours throughout the school year. North Hills also sponsors a college and career fair on campus which showcases a variety of career fields, colleges, and trade schools to students grades 6th-12th. My children have been involved several extra curricular programs such as sports, student leadership, and a mentoring program with NHCS Kindergarten students (which has been a favorite!) just to name a few. NHCS is more than a school to my children, it is also a family. I have NO regrets making the financial sacrifices of choosing private education for my children and am PROUD to be a part of North Hills Christian School!

Posted September 10, 2013
I Love North Hills. They genuinely care about my son's academics and his development as a person. I have seen him thrive since he's been at this school. The Christian aspect is definitely the cherry on top!!!

Posted February 19, 2013
We looked at private schools all over Vallejo and chose NHCS based on an open house we went to in January of 2010. We were impressed by the teachers we talked to and the Principals of the school as well. Our son started here in Kindergarten and is now half way thru the 1st grade and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are top notch and we feel our son gets a great education while also being taught good religious principles without it being over bearing or judgemental. They have a great before and after school program for working parents and a FANTASTIC summer program as well. NHCS provides a safe and caring place for students to learn and not worry about bullying or fitting in...both things I spent most of my public schooling worrying about here in Vallejo in the 70's and 80's. Can't recomend this school enough...keep up the good work NHCS!

Posted January 24, 2013
My kids attended a few different schools to include public elementary schools in Vallejo. I placed my kids in North Hills Christian School this year (2012-2013) and I am very pleased with my decision. The environment is Christian, where they are able to be themselves without being picked-on (my youngest was bullied in the Vallejo public school system for being too nice and small) or pressured to be different (my oldest acted-out at recess to fit-in with the popular kids). Other students at this school also behave as Christians, are respectful toward adults, and work hard to get good grades. In addition, I love the environment because it seeks to challenge the students inside and outside of the classroom setting. Both my children are excelling in academics; one of them for the very first time! Furthermore, the administration is outstanding! I also think the tuition is reasonable for the SF Bay Area given that other schools I have heard of are 2-6 times as much per student per academic year. If you too can afford to send your children to this school, I highly recommend it! I believe your kids will be a welcome addition to the Student Body just like my kids! God bless.

Posted February 29, 2012
My daughter is now a preschool student at North Hills. During our research, we read through all of the reviews and were somewhat apprehensive about sending our little one to this school. However, we noticed that the majority of the negative/low ratings were from a few years ago. We decided to visit the school on several occasions prior to signing on the dotted line. What we found was a very involved and caring staff. Children were polite to one another (except one whom was a little sh*t) and the administration department appeared to have their act together. We enrolled our child and since have seen a drastic change in her: she is reading Dick & Jane almost entirely on her own; she is writing her own name and can recite the alphabet backward as well as forward; her confidence has improved as has her speech. Not to mention, she is always excited to go to school. Granted, we spend a good deal of time with her at home practicing/learning. But now that she has context, things seemed to have 'clicked'. The before/after school programs have also been a real life saver for both of her parents work. The preschool teachers are wonderful but there is one aid who seems a bit uninformed.

Posted July 19, 2011
With the change in administration three years ago, the school is making a concerted effort to focus on academics and expanding the offerings in the secondary program. The before and after school program is a plus for working parents. The community service projects that they have undertaken have been very impressive. Keep up the good work.

North Hills Christian School 3

Posted February 07, 2011
I'm fairly pleased with North Hills. My child is currently enrolled in their preschool. There are some small areas that could use improvement, but all-in-all NH has a good preschool program. My child will be continuing on with them into the kindergarten.

North Hills Christian School 4

Posted November 30, 2010
My daughter has attended North Hills since preschool. All of the teachers she has had are very kind and caring as well as the principals and office staff. The other students are kind and respectful to each other as well as to teachers, staff and parents. My daughter was learning to read and spell along with basic math skills as part of the regular preschool curriculum. This is a very safe school and the extended care offered before and after school is a huge plus for a working parent like myself. Regarding the fees for the school - they are reasonable compared to other private schools I researched. The lunch program is a bit expensive, but the lunches are brought in and there are a wide variety of healthy and organic choices available packaged in recyclable containers. I have been nothing but pleased overall with this school.

North Hills Christian School 1

Posted April 22, 2009

North Hills Christian School 3

Posted April 01, 2009
I attended North Hills Christian School for ten years, from pre-school to eighth grade. I have seen this school grow and change, and I have mixed thoughts about it. My teachers cared about my classmates and me, which is phenomonal. The campus is larger than the school I attend now, and the new facilities are beautiful and professional. I loved the small class sizes too, because my classmates and I were close. I do have complaints about the secondary computer lab, which has old computers and applications. I'm also a bit unhappy that NHCS does not offer many electives or honors classes. The changes in NHCS these past two years don't appeal to me either. Overall, I am pleased with NHCS because of the loving Christian care I received all the years of my schooling there.

North Hills Christian School
200 Admiral Callaghan Lane, Vallejo, CA  94591
Last modified North Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
North Hills Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top