Valley Springs Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2012
Well rounded academics are lacking (math and english only), some teachers are good while others are questionable, students need help with ethics, not very clean inside the classrooms, principle is very nice and seems hard working yet still, this school is in dire need of financial assistance to enhance their very old out dated curriculum. Furthermore, this school is in need of some support staff that provide a broader spectrum of services and educational enhancements ie. Science, history, art, foreign language as well as playground and release staff. Also, some classes are cramming around 35 kids, 40 kids in little modular cheap trailer classrooms once again proving California's lack of interest in quality (some carpets smell moldy). Those poor overworked teachers - they earn every penny! California needs to help these country schools.

Posted October 18, 2009
My children have attended Valley Springs Elementary since Kindergarten. They are now in the 5th, and 3rd grades. I have been extremely pleased with the teachers (excellent and caring), the principal, and the atmosphere created at this school. Many people have judged the school because it does not appear to be in a 'great' area. However, many changes have occured in the years we have been there and I know it is a safe place for my children...not to mention the parking is plentiful - so no pick up/drop off nightmares! The academics are exceptional. My children have thrived in this environment.

Posted May 29, 2007
I am very happy with this school, and very involved. It is the quality of the parenting behind the student that makes for a successful outcome- not the school. There is no such thing as poor schooling, but there is such a thing as poor parenting.

Posted May 02, 2006
VSE is a great school for our small town. Good teachers and a good principal. I think parent involvement is high, but that is just an observation on my part. I recommend sending your children here.

Posted February 13, 2006
Valley Springs Elementary School is an excellent school with dedicated teachers and administrators. My daughter has attended kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade at this school and we could not be happier with her teachers and the school in general.

Valley Springs Elementary School 2

Posted October 13, 2005
My daughter has been a student for 5 years. I am not happy with any part of this school. My daughter and I are moving away from this town due to such poor schooling.

Valley Springs Elementary School
240 Pine Street, Valley Springs, CA  95252
Last modified Valley Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top