Bad
Good

My son has been attending this school since kindergarten. He is a special education student and LAUSD has given me no other options but this school. The staff in the office is lazy, unefficient, and rude. The new assistant principal and my son's teachers are an exception on this mediocre school. The only reason why I give two stars is because his teachers go above and beyond. My son's teachers are always available to help with any questions or issues I may have. They give there personal contact info because it is nearly impossible to have the office staff give them a message... These three ladies have been my son's teachers for three years now and I am so sad that next year he gets moved on to another teacher. They've treated my child with love and respect and have helped him in all possible ways to overcome his difficulties. If you really one the best for your child please stay away from this school.

Columbus school Change my mind coming from a private school my daughter is very happy to star a new year in a new school which I though she was not going to like but she is very happy to attend to school every day, Iam happy for my daughter to go to Columbus School!!!

First few weeks in so far and I'm impressed with the genuine care the staff here gives to the parents and students. The principal is, extraordinarily, attentive...very friendly and always smiling. Coming from a private school background, I was a little concerned about putting my child in a setting where she is just one of the many other children there, but they seem to have a good system. As the year progresses, I will probably update this since I'll have more contact and experience with the school, staff and program. So far so great!

Great school. Our daughter loves going to school every day, the staff are very attentive.

Was the only school in District 2 to get out of PI status last year, 2010 with an API increase of 17 points!

The school continues to increase their CST scores.

Last modified Columbus Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.