Van Nuys, CA

Columbus Avenue School 2

Posted December 02, 2014
My son has been attending this school since kindergarten. He is a special education student and LAUSD has given me no other options but this school. The staff in the office is lazy, unefficient, and rude. The new assistant principal and my son's teachers are an exception on this mediocre school. The only reason why I give two stars is because his teachers go above and beyond. My son's teachers are always available to help with any questions or issues I may have. They give there personal contact info because it is nearly impossible to have the office staff give them a message... These three ladies have been my son's teachers for three years now and I am so sad that next year he gets moved on to another teacher. They've treated my child with love and respect and have helped him in all possible ways to overcome his difficulties. If you really one the best for your child please stay away from this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
Columbus school Change my mind coming from a private school my daughter is very happy to star a new year in a new school which I though she was not going to like but she is very happy to attend to school every day, Iam happy for my daughter to go to Columbus School!!!

Columbus Avenue School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
First few weeks in so far and I'm impressed with the genuine care the staff here gives to the parents and students. The principal is, extraordinarily, attentive...very friendly and always smiling. Coming from a private school background, I was a little concerned about putting my child in a setting where she is just one of the many other children there, but they seem to have a good system. As the year progresses, I will probably update this since I'll have more contact and experience with the school, staff and program. So far so great!

Posted August 27, 2013
Great school. Our daughter loves going to school every day, the staff are very attentive.

Posted February 22, 2011
Was the only school in District 2 to get out of PI status last year, 2010 with an API increase of 17 points!

Posted October 29, 2009
The school continues to increase their CST scores.

Columbus Avenue School 3

Posted March 16, 2006
Excellent teachers who work really hard. Students perform below average do to language factors.

Columbus Avenue School 4

Posted June 30, 2005
Columbus Ave School in Van Nuys opened 2 1/2 years ago. The classrooms are state of the art. It has a caring staff of teachers and administrators. Many teachers are young,but the more experienced teachers are wonderful mentors. There is an afterschool program. Because it is a four track school, intersession is offered. For students who need additional academic support, there are ESL and intervention classes offered. Parents are welcome to help prepare materials for teachers on Fridays.

Columbus Avenue School
6700 Columbus Avenue, Van Nuys, CA  91405
Last modified Columbus Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbus Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top