Van Nuys, CA

Posted November 24, 2014
The teachers are very attentive to the students individual needs! They are much better than my son's previous district.

Posted March 21, 2014
Anatola Elementary School is an exceptional place for students to grow and learn. The children really are the focus of the school. While overcoming the obstacles of the bureaucracy of LAUSD the staff works hard to help each child achieve his/her best. The school is lead by a competent principal who knows how to give personal attention where its needed. She motivates the teachers to do their best and provides an ideal environment for children to grow and learn in.

Posted September 25, 2013
I love Anatola. I am fortunate enough to have attended this school and for my kids to attend this school. My boys started the SRLDP program here which was an AWESOME program!! Then 2 years ago my older son had Mrs. Koch as his Kinder teacher. At first we were kinda disappointed because most his friends ended up in Ms. Rosten's class but we kept Mrs. Koch. She ended up being a great addition in our lives. Then the following year we had Ms. Padilla. Another winner!!! We have been so lucky and blessed to have these teachers. They are great teachers. Kind, respectful, fair, loving, smart and my child loved them and so did I. I had great communication with them and as a parent I couldn't ask for more. I agree with one of the comment. Everyone on staff knew my son by name. I had an issue occur in our personal lives and Mrs. King and Mrs. Weiler had open door policy and took the time to talk to me. What a great school! What a great staff. I do wish that this school had more events where the parents and kids can all get together. Just so the community and students and parents can get together and get to know each other.

Posted September 14, 2013
Our teachers , principal,staff are great just look at our API scores.They work hard and get our kids motivated. Great job Anatola!!!!

Posted September 14, 2013
I would rate this school more, however all last yr my child was bullied in the 3rd grade I sent personal emails and letters and all the teacher said was that he had it under control. My child would come home soooo raged and angry, mad at me for sending her to school. I had a conference with both teacher and principle and nothing. I had to speak to the parents yes parents 'cause nothing was getting done. I had to threaten restraining order against these children. Its a shame! Now the most part the teachers are awesome they are old fashioned and they care about the education of these children unlike most schools that allow children to not care! =) Sadly to say that 2 of the 3 bullies of last yr continue to do so (bully) children in the 4th grade and great news they have nothing to do with my child anymore!!!!!

Posted May 23, 2013
It would be nice if those who post comments could get their facts straight. Rumors are easily spread unfortunately and the fact is that Anatola has always sent letters home to notify parents when an incident such as lice has occurred. Also, the word for the leader of a school is "principal". Finally, Anatola is such a small school that, quite inevitably, all of the teachers know their children by first & last names. Even the librarian, office staff, yard monitors, and cafeteria ladies know kids' names. It is ,indeed, a great environment!

Posted August 15, 2010
I love this school and community. As a staff we are a close family. We care strongly about meeting each of our student's needs.

Posted October 03, 2009

Posted October 01, 2008
New school year and we're off to a much better start. New principal, new PTA, and new parents who are getting involved. Keep it up, I see good things for the near future.

Posted July 02, 2008

Anatola Avenue Elementary School
7364 Anatola Avenue, Van Nuys, CA  91406
Last modified Anatola Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anatola Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top