Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Since the change of principal, this school has gone down. No one and I do mean NO ONE communicates anymore. Things are going on in school and I don't find out (and other parents too) until the day of, also there's a program called "school in motion" no one mentioned to us parents that this would be happening and it's been going on when it rains or when the weather is 40-50 degrees in the morning! Also the school was on lock down, no notice and no phone call to let us know what happened. I found out through my child and her friends! I'm just upset that this school has changed and not for the better but for the worse. The new principal Mrs. Gonzalez takes us parents as a joke, takes the information about how we feel as a joke. I wish Mrs. King was still here, she was super nice and always there for the parents and students.

The teachers are very attentive to the students individual needs! They are much better than my son's previous district.

Anatola Elementary School is an exceptional place for students to grow and learn. The children really are the focus of the school. While overcoming the obstacles of the bureaucracy of LAUSD the staff works hard to help each child achieve his/her best. The school is lead by a competent principal who knows how to give personal attention where its needed. She motivates the teachers to do their best and provides an ideal environment for children to grow and learn in.

I love Anatola. I am fortunate enough to have attended this school and for my kids to attend this school. My boys started the SRLDP program here which was an AWESOME program!! Then 2 years ago my older son had Mrs. Koch as his Kinder teacher. At first we were kinda disappointed because most his friends ended up in Ms. Rosten's class but we kept Mrs. Koch. She ended up being a great addition in our lives. Then the following year we had Ms. Padilla. Another winner!!! We have been so lucky and blessed to have these teachers. They are great teachers. Kind, respectful, fair, loving, smart and my child loved them and so did I. I had great communication with them and as a parent I couldn't ask for more. I agree with one of the comment. Everyone on staff knew my son by name. I had an issue occur in our personal lives and Mrs. King and Mrs. Weiler had open door policy and took the time to talk to me. What a great school! What a great staff. I do wish that this school had more events where the parents and kids can all get together. Just so the community and students and parents can get together and get to know each other.

Our teachers , principal,staff are great just look at our API scores.They work hard and get our kids motivated. Great job Anatola!!!!

I would rate this school more, however all last yr my child was bullied in the 3rd grade I sent personal emails and letters and all the teacher said was that he had it under control. My child would come home soooo raged and angry, mad at me for sending her to school. I had a conference with both teacher and principle and nothing. I had to speak to the parents yes parents 'cause nothing was getting done. I had to threaten restraining order against these children. Its a shame! Now the most part the teachers are awesome they are old fashioned and they care about the education of these children unlike most schools that allow children to not care! =) Sadly to say that 2 of the 3 bullies of last yr continue to do so (bully) children in the 4th grade and great news they have nothing to do with my child anymore!!!!!

It would be nice if those who post comments could get their facts straight. Rumors are easily spread unfortunately and the fact is that Anatola has always sent letters home to notify parents when an incident such as lice has occurred. Also, the word for the leader of a school is "principal". Finally, Anatola is such a small school that, quite inevitably, all of the teachers know their children by first & last names. Even the librarian, office staff, yard monitors, and cafeteria ladies know kids' names. It is ,indeed, a great environment!

I love this school and community. As a staff we are a close family. We care strongly about meeting each of our student's needs.

New school year and we're off to a much better start. New principal, new PTA, and new parents who are getting involved. Keep it up, I see good things for the near future.

Hi I am a parent of a 5th grader at anatola elementary.I think it is a very great school because of parent involvement.The parents get to support their child by participating in disscusions about their children.Also the teachers are very supportive.Overall nice school.

Last modified Anatola Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.